July 23, 2014 | 1117 users online

Sunscreen - DERMAdoctor - DERMAdoctor Body Guard Exquisitely Light SPF 30 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2004 3:48:00 PM More reviews by tutsweet

I'm forever looking for the perfect sunscreen. This is one of the best I've tried. It's light, easy to spread and doesn't have a bad chemical smell. It has oil absorbing particles as well. Warning, while it does do a good job of absorbing light oil, it does not apply with a matte finish. I like to brush T.LeClerc loose powder over the top with a large brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2004 9:19:00 AM More reviews by sconset

I have tried A LOT of sunscreens for my face, and this by far is the absolute best one I've gotten my hands on! For some reason my skin would always break out whenever I put a product with sunscreen on my face. I tried everything from the very expensive lines to the cheapest lines. They either broke me out, or they were like painting my face with white paint! This one goes on without that whiteness, dries to a normal finish (not greasy at all), and absorbs in a matter of about two minutes. I have been using it for about 4 months now without any sign of breakouts! I adore this!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2004 10:03:00 PM More reviews by shr1ne

Sometimes I wonder if Im reviewing the same product as the members before me. I think this stuff is EXCELLENT! I have huge pores oily and somehow dry at the same time skin. ick anyhooo, I can load on my moisturizer put this over it and my face drys in seconds to a beautiful silky feel ready to apply my makeup. I find this to be ZERO ZERO ZERO greasy. It amazes me that another person said it was. Definatly get a sample of this at sephoras you will be running in to buy it shortly after.
    Ive tried other sunscreens and this is by far the best.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2004 9:59:00 PM More reviews by leslieal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I thought I'd like this more than I did. I got it online, but you can get it at Sephora now.

Not the worst I've tried, but did not perform with the promised "matte finish." If that's what you need, then this isn't for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2004 3:40:00 PM More reviews by elliemay72

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far my favorite sunscreen. It is light and fluffy, not greasy, doesn't leave any residue and is great to use on the face. The tube is convenient and the quality of product matches the price. I doubt I'll ever use another brand!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2004 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Saola81

This suncreen gives the excessive sheen that usually associates with sunscreen, which is not great to use under makeup at all; so save your money for so many other cheaper and better sunscreens if you're looking for a matte-finish sunscreen. UPDATE: I gave my hubby the sunscreen and he likes it. It doesn 't look very shiny, instead it gives a natural sheen on his face, even over a layer of heavy cream. He has very very dry skin, so I guess that's why it's suitable for him. Anyway, I revised the one lippies rating to three lippies (should be 2.5 lippies), which is the average rating of my one lippies and four lippies from my husband.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2004 9:29:00 PM More reviews by prophette

This is the only sunscreen I buy now. All other sunscreens left my oily skin even oilier and most made me breakout and Paula's Choice even gave me the most horrible rash of my life (thank God I didn't use it on my face!!). This sunscreen is still a bit oily, but it's impossible to have a truly dry-touch sunscreen with avobenzone. This one does a good job of not getting any oilier and doesn't adversely affect my skin in any way. I recommend it to everyone who asks me about sunscreen. Great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2004 5:59:00 PM More reviews by peters

Great facial sunscreen.
    Is a light, OIL FREE, cream formula in a tube (cute graphics on pkg) and it comes in SPF 30, which I love.
    No breakouts and keep the oilies to a minimum.
    Price is $25 for a 4oz tube, which isn't necessarily inexpensive, but you only need the tiniest amount so this tube will last you forever.
    I mix mine with my moisturizer. Love it!