September 2, 2014 | 1240 users online

Cleansers - MAC - Cleanse Off Oil

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by TrainedDreamer

I wear a lot of long-wear make up & so I really needed something that'd be able to dissolve it all at night. This however, was not the perfect solution.

Pros:
-Affordable.
-Comes in a cute pump bottle.
-Easily removes make up, even long-wear/transfer resistant foundation & waterproof make up.

Cons:
-Smells strongly of lavender. Many will love that, but I hate lavender & definitely don't want fragrance in my skincare (it irritates senstive skin). Plus, lavender is bad for skin cells.
-Stung & irritated my eyes no matter how hard I tried to keep it out.
-Broke my skin out like hell on earth! If you are acne-prone, I'd steer clear of this. I haven't broken out this badly since 2010. My skin just doesn't play nicely with oil.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 1:06:00 AM More reviews by dopalives

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG cleanser. I haven't found anything with the same consistency or texture. Missha's cleansing oil is close in texture, but it burns my eyes. I will gladly continue to buy the Cleanse Off Oil again and again just because it's that good. It emulsifies and rinses clean. I do follow up with Cetaphil bar soap, but it's not necessary. It removes even the most stubborn waterproof mascara too. Use it on dry skin, massage thoroughly and rinse. Super product!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Celalo0721

I was really skeptical about cleansing off my face with oil, but after trying this product I have come to the conclusion that it is the best makeup remover I have tried so far. It completely removes my makeup without the harshness of rubbing off with a wipe. I give this a two thumbs up and encourage you to give it a chance.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by ZSM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I dare to say that this is my HG cleanser! My skin is combination with some dry spots that can become really oily during the day. However, this cleanser has moisturized those spots and my skin has become significantly less oily. I've never had healthier looking skin. It takes away all the makeup and I don't even need to follow up with another cleanser, I just use some toner and then a moisturizer. My search for the perfect cleanser has ended here.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by lechickpea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm going to throw in another rave for this product. So many products promise to get off -all- of your makeup, but they never really do. This is the one thing that ACTUALLY gets off every smudge of my ELDW foundation, waterproof eye makeup, blush, and everything else. It smells nice too! As someone with acne, it's extra important for me to take off all my makeup at the end of the night.

Here's how I use it: with completely dry hands and face, take one full pump and massage all over my face, really working it in. Then I take a smallish amount of water and rub it all over- as it mixes with the oil, it turns into a smooth white cream. I work that in with water, and then wash it all off. My skin is SQUEAKY clean. After this, I use my clarasonic with an acne wash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm just here to add to the praises for this. I'm extremely sensitive, acne-prone and allergy-prone and finding something that works for my skin is almost impossible. I honestly look forward to using this at night. Sometimes I wear makeup just to remove it later. LOL It feels amazing on my skin, like a luxurious treatment. You massage it around on dry skin and can actually feel all the dirt and makeup being lifted out of your pores. Then you just wet your hands and massage some more.This time, it becomes milky and acts like a cleanser. I don't always follow up with a regular cleanser because this gets your skin really clean on its own. I've done the toner test a few times and there's never a trace of mu or dirt after I use this. It does make your skin feel dry afterwards, so I find that moisturizer is a must. That's no big deal. I always need moisturizer. Best of all, it really seems to improve my skin with regular use! I guess it's because it gets my skin so clean. I can say without a doubt that this will be a staple on my skincare routine for a loooong time!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 11:23:00 AM More reviews by LindsayRoseEliz

This is the only makeup remover I've ever used that actually takes off all of my makeup, even waterproof. I originally bought the travel, 1 oz. size ($10) just to try it out, and I will certainly go back and buy the 5 oz. bottle as soon as I'm done with my travel size.

Don't be afraid of trying this, no matter what your skin type. The oil rinses off your skin with just water, although I would recommend cleansing after anyway.

Amazing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although this product does as it's supposed to, I find that DHC's Deep Cleansing Oil, which is just as good, is a better value. I wanted to try MAC's cleansing oil and, now that I'm finishing my first bottle of it, I will go back to DHC's and get more for the price paid (particularly with my loyalty discount).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by OhhhDarling

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm just now finishing off my first bottle of this and am ready to rush to MAC for my second bottle. I really can't imagine my nightly facial routine without this product now. It removes every bit of my makeup with little product and virtually no pressure on my skin and eye area. I love that with this I can use a gentle cleanser on my face after removingmy makeup and don't have to worry about getting more makeup off, only cleansing my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 8:03:00 PM More reviews by canadian

My skin is very sensitive so I'm always leery of trying new products. I decided to order the smaller bottle of this product from the MAC website. I first tried it this past winter. I absolutely hated it then. It made my face feel irritated. However I was feeling sickly and had a thyroid problem. I didn't realize until later my thyroid was affecting my skin. Now spring forward to May. I ran out of my other cleanser and decided I would try the cleanse off oil again. Lo and behold I can I love it now. I apply to dry skin and gently massage my face and rinse with water. Waterproof eye makeup, foundation etc comes off easily. I often take a damp cotton round pad and swipe around. Yes sometimes there will still be a bit of makeup on the pad. I found two pumps makes a difference. The price isn't bad. Now that my skin is improving I plan on buying another bottle or two.