July 29, 2014 | 1011 users online

Cleansers - MAC - Cleanse Off Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Celalo0721

I was really skeptical about cleansing off my face with oil, but after trying this product I have come to the conclusion that it is the best makeup remover I have tried so far. It completely removes my makeup without the harshness of rubbing off with a wipe. I give this a two thumbs up and encourage you to give it a chance.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by ZSM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I dare to say that this is my HG cleanser! My skin is combination with some dry spots that can become really oily during the day. However, this cleanser has moisturized those spots and my skin has become significantly less oily. I've never had healthier looking skin. It takes away all the makeup and I don't even need to follow up with another cleanser, I just use some toner and then a moisturizer. My search for the perfect cleanser has ended here.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by lechickpea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm going to throw in another rave for this product. So many products promise to get off -all- of your makeup, but they never really do. This is the one thing that ACTUALLY gets off every smudge of my ELDW foundation, waterproof eye makeup, blush, and everything else. It smells nice too! As someone with acne, it's extra important for me to take off all my makeup at the end of the night.

Here's how I use it: with completely dry hands and face, take one full pump and massage all over my face, really working it in. Then I take a smallish amount of water and rub it all over- as it mixes with the oil, it turns into a smooth white cream. I work that in with water, and then wash it all off. My skin is SQUEAKY clean. After this, I use my clarasonic with an acne wash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm just here to add to the praises for this. I'm extremely sensitive, acne-prone and allergy-prone and finding something that works for my skin is almost impossible. I honestly look forward to using this at night. Sometimes I wear makeup just to remove it later. LOL It feels amazing on my skin, like a luxurious treatment. You massage it around on dry skin and can actually feel all the dirt and makeup being lifted out of your pores. Then you just wet your hands and massage some more.This time, it becomes milky and acts like a cleanser. I don't always follow up with a regular cleanser because this gets your skin really clean on its own. I've done the toner test a few times and there's never a trace of mu or dirt after I use this. It does make your skin feel dry afterwards, so I find that moisturizer is a must. That's no big deal. I always need moisturizer. Best of all, it really seems to improve my skin with regular use! I guess it's because it gets my skin so clean. I can say without a doubt that this will be a staple on my skincare routine for a loooong time!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 11:23:00 AM More reviews by LindsayRoseEliz

This is the only makeup remover I've ever used that actually takes off all of my makeup, even waterproof. I originally bought the travel, 1 oz. size ($10) just to try it out, and I will certainly go back and buy the 5 oz. bottle as soon as I'm done with my travel size.

Don't be afraid of trying this, no matter what your skin type. The oil rinses off your skin with just water, although I would recommend cleansing after anyway.

Amazing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although this product does as it's supposed to, I find that DHC's Deep Cleansing Oil, which is just as good, is a better value. I wanted to try MAC's cleansing oil and, now that I'm finishing my first bottle of it, I will go back to DHC's and get more for the price paid (particularly with my loyalty discount).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by OhhhDarling

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm just now finishing off my first bottle of this and am ready to rush to MAC for my second bottle. I really can't imagine my nightly facial routine without this product now. It removes every bit of my makeup with little product and virtually no pressure on my skin and eye area. I love that with this I can use a gentle cleanser on my face after removingmy makeup and don't have to worry about getting more makeup off, only cleansing my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 8:03:00 PM More reviews by canadian

My skin is very sensitive so I'm always leery of trying new products. I decided to order the smaller bottle of this product from the MAC website. I first tried it this past winter. I absolutely hated it then. It made my face feel irritated. However I was feeling sickly and had a thyroid problem. I didn't realize until later my thyroid was affecting my skin. Now spring forward to May. I ran out of my other cleanser and decided I would try the cleanse off oil again. Lo and behold I can I love it now. I apply to dry skin and gently massage my face and rinse with water. Waterproof eye makeup, foundation etc comes off easily. I often take a damp cotton round pad and swipe around. Yes sometimes there will still be a bit of makeup on the pad. I found two pumps makes a difference. The price isn't bad. Now that my skin is improving I plan on buying another bottle or two.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Cara_M

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Cleansing oils are amazing for getting off makeup - I recommend them to everyone, and wish I'd discovered them sooner (I've been using them for 3 or 4 years). I started with DHC, then moved to Origins and now the MAC. The MAC oil is quite good - I like that I can back to MAC the packaging, the price wasn't outrageous, there is no mineral oil in this, it doesn't break me out and MAC doesn't test on animals. The cons for me are that the packaging leaks when I take it on weekends away, and I don't feel it cleanses quite as deeply as the other oils I've tried, and is harder to wash off - my skin looks clean, but makeup comes off on my towel and on my cotton pad of toner. I think I need to double cleanse if I'm using this oil, which puts me off a bit. I'm not saying I'll never repurchase this, but when I'm finished, I'm trying another brand first.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 2:33:00 AM More reviews by 247swimchick9

I love this product! Its really great. I used to use avocado oil to take off my makeup but i hated how it would leave an oil residue, and would really have to scrub my face in order to get rid of it. Then I used pond's cold cream, and the same thing would occur. I was tired of tugging at my skin just to get makeup off. So I decided to give this a try according to the great reviews on youtube and such. You put it on your face and rub in gently like any other cleanser, then over the eyes. Then wash off. What I like about it is that it takes off ALL makeup including waterproof mascara, and it turns into a milky cleanser when you add water! Its truly an amazing product. I really don' need to have another cleanser-this will do! It leaves a very clean feel, without being dried out--but moisturized. I recommend this to anyone, and ANY skin type.
(I have combination/acne prone skin--and it's lovely.)

I bought this at Macy's for $26, which, to me, is pretty pricey--but I believe it to be 100% worth it.