MAC Cleanse Off Oil

4.3

Cetyl Ethylhexanoate,Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Squalane, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Germ Oil, Tocopherol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Water / Aqua / Eau, Rosa Canina (Rose) Fruit Oil, Limonene

on 10/17/2012 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This was the first cleanse off oil that I invested in since my sunscreen is waterproof and I needed an oil to remove it. This is, hands down, the best in removing makeup. It smells great and it did a great job taking off my sunscreen, concealer powder and even waterproof mascara! Unfortunately, I had been using this for two weeks when I realized that it's the culprit behind my breakouts. It's sad because this worked wonders in removing my makeup but I just can't afford to have pimples erupting here and there. As of now, I'm using Origins' Cleansing Oil and thankfully, it doesn't break me out. Bad thing about the Origins' one though, it doesn't take off mascara as well as MAC's. I still have a lot of the MAC Cleanse Off Oil left and I use it to remove eye makeup. Crazy enough, I use two different cleansing oils; one for face and one for eyes. Someday I wish to find a multipurpose cleansing oil for my face. Status: Still Hunting.

on 10/14/2012 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

At first, I loved this product. It removes all my makeup, including my smokey eye makeup!! However, it made my eyes burn/water like crazy after using it even though I was as careful as I could be to not get it in my eye. My eyes are very sensitive and this stuff irritated them like crazy. The first couple of days my skin looked better (I used this to take off my makeup and a cleanser afterwards). However, very quickly my skin condition deteriorated. I have pimples in places that I've never gotten pimples before. This stuff has clogged my skin, and I am very upset about it because it has gotten so bad that I think it will leave scarring and will take a while to heal. I would not recommend this to people with sensitive, acne-prone skin. I don't know how I'm supposed to recover from this, all I know is that this is going to MAC asap (I gave it 2 weeks. Terrible idea. Wish I had never tried this product out).

on 9/19/2012 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I'm about to buy my sixth bottle of this make-up remover. It is absolutely the best one I've used, and I always end up coming back to this one. I actually came to it a few of years ago, when my regular Lancome counter was out of Huile Douceur. Since I've been a moderate M.A.C. user for about 15 years, I figured that their makeup removing cleanser would be at least decent enough to remove waterproof and stubborn long-wearing product. This was a winner. Tbh, I wasn't sure if it would remove all my layers of make-up (sunscreen, foundation primer, liquid foundation, concealer and powder--artfully buffed in and blended, might I add) without drying my skin out. M.A.C. pleasantly surprised me, and it's almost $20 cheaper than its Lancome counterpart !

on 9/4/2012 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Okay, after using this for a week, I like this product a lot but I don't think it's the best thing since sliced bread.

At first, I was thrilled about how much product you get for your money (a little pricey at $30), but then I learned that you need 2-3 pumps to cover your whole face so you'll probably burn through a whole bottle in 3 months. I do like the pump though, it's easy to use and doesn't dispense too much product.

To use it, I use dry hands to massage 2 pumps of oil all over my dry, made-up face. I then wet my hands slightly and keep massaging the oil until all makeup has been dissolved (takes about a minute). Then I just wash it off with water and follow up with another cleanser (not always) if I don't feel "clean" enough. This cleanser does take longer to take off my eye makeup than I'm used to, but it WILL eventually dissolve everything (liquid eyelier, waterproof mascara, etc.). Just be patient!

on 8/25/2012 10:33:00 PM

Wow! How have I not discovered this earlier?? Takes off every trace of my makeup first time. Smells AMAZING and I love the fact it's an oil that turns into a milky cleanser when mixed with water. It just feels pampering to me to massage the oil into my face and it feels like it's really getting my face super clean! The thing I don't like is the pump bottle, for an oil I think it's too messy to try and pump it onto my fingers. Other than that though, it's great. Doesn't make my face feel dry after using it, and I feel like I don't even need to use a different cleanser after because my face is already so clean! I can't rave enough about this!!

I wear a lot of long-wear make up & so I really needed something that'd be able to dissolve it all at night. This however, was not the perfect solution.

Pros:
-Affordable.
-Comes in a cute pump bottle.
-Easily removes make up, even long-wear/transfer resistant foundation & waterproof make up.

Cons:
-Smells strongly of lavender. Many will love that, but I hate lavender & definitely don't want fragrance in my skincare (it irritates senstive skin). Plus, lavender is bad for skin cells.
-Stung & irritated my eyes no matter how hard I tried to keep it out.
-Broke my skin out like hell on earth! If you are acne-prone, I'd steer clear of this. I haven't broken out this badly since 2010. My skin just doesn't play nicely with oil.

on 8/9/2012 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is my HG cleanser. I haven't found anything with the same consistency or texture. Missha's cleansing oil is close in texture, but it burns my eyes. I will gladly continue to buy the Cleanse Off Oil again and again just because it's that good. It emulsifies and rinses clean. I do follow up with Cetaphil bar soap, but it's not necessary. It removes even the most stubborn waterproof mascara too. Use it on dry skin, massage thoroughly and rinse. Super product!

on 8/5/2012 9:49:00 PM

I was really skeptical about cleansing off my face with oil, but after trying this product I have come to the conclusion that it is the best makeup remover I have tried so far. It completely removes my makeup without the harshness of rubbing off with a wipe. I give this a two thumbs up and encourage you to give it a chance.

on 8/3/2012 12:26:00 PM

I dare to say that this is my HG cleanser! My skin is combination with some dry spots that can become really oily during the day. However, this cleanser has moisturized those spots and my skin has become significantly less oily. I've never had healthier looking skin. It takes away all the makeup and I don't even need to follow up with another cleanser, I just use some toner and then a moisturizer. My search for the perfect cleanser has ended here.

on 7/22/2012 3:37:00 PM

I'm going to throw in another rave for this product. So many products promise to get off -all- of your makeup, but they never really do. This is the one thing that ACTUALLY gets off every smudge of my ELDW foundation, waterproof eye makeup, blush, and everything else. It smells nice too! As someone with acne, it's extra important for me to take off all my makeup at the end of the night.

Here's how I use it: with completely dry hands and face, take one full pump and massage all over my face, really working it in. Then I take a smallish amount of water and rub it all over- as it mixes with the oil, it turns into a smooth white cream. I work that in with water, and then wash it all off. My skin is SQUEAKY clean. After this, I use my clarasonic with an acne wash.