August 21, 2014 | 1659 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Merle Norman - Luxiva Sheer Defense Tinted Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2004 11:00:00 PM More reviews by rosieee

I don't understand Merle normans bad reputation. I have used their prouducts since eight grade and they make some great things! They have the BEST liquid eyeliners ever made and eyeshadows that last all day :) This was a great product too. It gave much more coverage than stilas foundation moisturizer and made my skin glow! Wonderful product

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2004 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Kristie32

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this if I'm just around the house, or going somewhere quick. It evens out my skintone and with a little powder you can't tell I'm not wearing foundation. Isn't matte like my lasting foundation, but then again it is a moisturizer. Would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2004 4:47:00 PM More reviews by coscouns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ohhh, the beautiful coverage!! Ohhhh, the beautiful texture!! Ohhhh, the beautiful color!!!! I have always snubbed my nose at this store, poking fun of it with my daughters. Shame on me!! This was the perfect tinted moisturizer! I have difficult skin; oily underneath, dry on the surface, rosacea and huge pores. This gave great coverage, texture and feel. It didn't feel too oily, yet doesn't settle into fine lines. The shade Bare works for me, an NC 25ish right now. UPDATE 9/14 UH OH!!! underground breakouts... Not good.....

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2004 9:58:00 PM More reviews by candycake

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had been looking for the perfect foundation for months.I like Clinique soft finish but in the daytime I have to wear sunscreen under it and it just doesnt look as nice. after trying on a Luxiva foundation at a M N counter and for what seemed like the hundereth time not being too impressed I bought a eyebrow pencil and left with a few samples.The next day I got out the sample of the tinted moisturizer in Bare and tried it on. I figured this woul be more suited for young skin.I'm 47 with dry skin and broken capillaries so I need the big guns.Well, this it. I couldnt believe it. Bought it the next day.I can wear a little or a lot and this looks fabulous.The color is perfect and it just melts into my skin making it look flawless.Almost everytime I wear it someone compliments me on my skin. I know this is called a moisturizer but it is a foundation if you ask me.I hope many others will try this and love it the way I do so they will never discontinue it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2004 2:41:00 PM More reviews by minxgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

MN just came out with this FABULOUS product last month. I never thought in a million years that a product like this would free me of having to wear foundation ever again. First off, I have rosacea and very sensitive skin and I have been using my 'beloved' Luxiva Lasting Foundation for the past 5 years. But I was finding that it was really drying out my skin, therefore making my rosacea worse. I then switched to Luxiva Ultra Foundation with HC-10 and found that it was too greasy for me. THEN, MN came out with this new tinted moisturizer with an SPF of 15 that comes in (I think) 3 or 4 shades; I wear the lightest shade which is 'Bare'. I tried a sample of it first, thinking that it was going to be way too orange on me (I have extremely fair skin), but to my amazement, it blended in perfectly with my skin, but at the same time gave me a healthy glow without making me look like a 'pumpkin'. I also found that it helped to 'cover up' my rosacea; who knew that a tinted moisturizer could actally do that?!? Not greasy at all either. You can also add a little powder, too, if you like. I HIGHLY recommend this product (a little pricey though-I paid $31.00 for a 2 oz tube, but it will last you a long time). Try this-you will not be disappointed!!!