October 21, 2014 | 1779 users online

Crème - Estee Lauder - Maximum Cover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2008 5:45:00 PM More reviews by pattyinop

I have rosacea, and as a result, I have redness and occasional breakouts that look like acne. I needed a makeup that covers everything, but didn't look and feel like I was wearing a mask. This is it! It's so light and silky feeling! I put it on the back of my hand and then apply with a foundation brush. I rarely have to do any touch ups for the rest of the day. 12+ hours. It has spf15, titanium dioxide, which is good for rosacea skin. My face actually feels better with it on. I am still using the first tube after almost a year. A tiny dot does my whole face, and I look flawless even on a bad day. I will never be without my Maximum Cover!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2008 2:47:00 PM More reviews by cutecop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent foundation. It has superior coverage, stands up to humidity and actually does what it says it will do. You can mix with a moisturizer for lighter coverage, but in undiluted form it makes the face look flawless. Covers acne scars better than anything else.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2007 12:14:00 AM More reviews by leo36

Fantastic product, my friend gave me a small sample tube of this but it has lasted me for over 3 months and I barely made a dent so I imagine a full size will last forever. You need to warm this on the back of your hand first to get the most natural results.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2007 11:59:00 PM More reviews by rinniegirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is the BEST. I always go back to it and I am 54 with a few lines, not many but lots of redness. The trick is to moisturizer first with SS and then put on a TINY dot of this stuff. Take a drop, warm it in the palm of your hand and apply. You end up even then wiping half of it off you hand but it does not matter because it come in a tube that just lasts forever. Very sanitary because you only take a small squirt out and never touch the rest. LOVE this.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2007 5:19:00 AM More reviews by Stephanie87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this foundation to cover redness in my face. Although the coverage is good, it looks very unnatural. The foundation itself is pretty thick. Maybe it's a good idea to smooth it out with a moisturizer to make it less heavy. It's ok for a night out, but on a regular day I wouldn't wear it...only in emergency cases. The color is perfect for me though (light-medium). It's hard to wash off, the stuff really goes into your pores, and with a regular cleansing milk you won't be able to remove all the foundation. Overall, I was pretty disappointed with the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2007 8:53:00 PM More reviews by annemosca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love, love, love this amazing foundation. I use the lightest shade, and it truly evens out my skin and makes me have that porcelain perfect skin look (which I don't really have...trust me, ha ha). A little goes a long way, and I have been using it for a long time and it has not broken me out at all. I don't use powder with this, as it leaves a perfect finish that needs nothing else on top of it. Don't know what I'd do without this stuff....perfect!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2007 3:19:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

For me one of the best foundations in the market!Nice neutral shades,the texture is creamy but has slightly powdery finish,blends easily and for me works perfect with a foundation brush not with a sponge.The coverage is unbelievable but looks natural(as natural can look a maximum cover foundation)and the staying power is super good(it's a water resistant foundation)The packaging is perfect.And also a tiny amount goes a long way so a tube of this foundation lasts more than forever.Doesn't set into lines and pores and even in the most unfriendly environments my complexion stays super fresh,matte,flawless and perfect.Offers a completely matte almost powdery finish so it's not that important to set it with powder.Also it's oil free and has spf10,I believe that the maximum cover works best on oily skins,as a make up artist I have tried it on drier skins and the result wasn't perfect.I believe this foundation it's a must have even if you thing that the coverage that offers is too much for you you can always use it as a concealer.One of the best foundations in the market!!!! If you have slightly dry,or dry,or very dry skin don't even think to try this one it will be a disaster,others with oily skin go for it it's perfect
INGREDIENTS:Isododecane, Isohexadecane, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Stearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer, Microcrystalline Wax, Kaolin, Cholesterol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Sandalwood Extract,tocopheryl Acetate, Linoleic Acid, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Bisabolol, Silica, Propylene Carbonate, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Polyethylene, Dimethyl Octenol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Phenethyl Alcohol, Bht, Ci 77019/Mica, Ci 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491/Ci 77492/Ci 77499/Iron Oxides, Ci 77163/Bismuth Oxychloride, Ci 77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, Ci 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2007 7:16:00 PM More reviews by itsgail

You only need a tiny dot of this stuff to cover an entire face! Anyone complaining thst it looks chalky and orange is evidently using too much. It is tempting to layer it on, because it literally does cover anything! I would say to people, don't buy concealer, buy this and it'll last forever!

I use it as concealer and under eye eye primer too, I used to use it as foundation when my skin was awful, it is very thick to be honest and potentially can clog pores as it's not oil free like the perfect Double Wear.

However I would say it is an essential bit of kit for any girl, to be used on 'emergency days'! Another thing, it's waterproof. To me, budge proof and waterproof are very high on my foundation agenda.

Definitely recommend this, just would advise caution on dependency- if you must use it as your usual foundation, resist the urge to cake it on, try using minimal amount and you won't look cakey and orange. It'll last forever, like all EL products I've used. Thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2007 11:01:00 PM More reviews by pink_cosmos

As a guide, I'm NC30 for Mac and Light/Medium is the perfect colour for me. Won't look that natural in the daytime, but at night, the SLIGHT pinkness is unnoticeable. Also I believe this has more yellow than the lighter shade.

Now there's full coverage, and then theres MAXIMUM cover. It gives you the coverage of a concealer but the spreadibility(?) of a foundation. The tiniest drop of product (I'm serious here, anything more than a dot the size of a quarter of a 5cent piece (aust)) will cover your whole face, anything more and it will be too much and wasteful! For this reason, one tube has lasted me probably 1.5 to 2 years - and I'm nowhere near finishing it (I'm probably half way through or 2/3). This is, however, because i only use it for special occassions, or going out at night. It's great for clubbing because it's water-resistant, doesn't streak even when you're sweating it off on the dancefloor. It's also long-wearing. For daytime the fullness of the coverage I find is too much and also, (and this is not just max. cover) if I use it everyday, I break out. This happens with MOST foundations as I have (very sensitive)-breakout prone skin and to date, have only found ONE foundation that doesn't break me out with everyday use (Ideal Matte also from EL) If it's the price that puts you off, don't worry it is WELL WORTH IT. Like I said, you only use a tiny tiny amount - best value for cost I've found with ANY foundation. The tube packaging is perfect and the nozzle squeezes just the right amount of product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2007 4:07:00 PM More reviews by gerbilnuts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Right ladies... (and maybe gents, i know some guys who also wear this)
I am a huge believer in this product it's coverage in my opinion is 2nd to none and believe me i've tried most!
I have light uneven skin tones with the odd spot, large pores and scars on my face so if this works for me it will work for you!
I've read the reviews on here and agree that the hardest thing is finding the correct colour match and mixing with other products is often the only way.

I now have this in 3-4 shades from lightest to med/dark.
now the most important thing to mention is that if you have bought this in the wrong shade all you have to do is go to the estee lauder website and use the contact us thing.. write and tell them you're unhappy with the shade and they send you out a replacement in the shade you want ... you don't even have to send back the original!!! so really you have nothing to lose, i did this and was amazed by the offer as most would never do that!

10/10 for coverage and thats what this makeups all about as it was designed for plastic surgery scaring!!