November 26, 2014 | 1755 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by IceCheerMom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Would I buy this again? Mais oui! I have bought it many times since I was about 18 which is many bottles and years ago.

I have heard No 5 described as cold and " a frosty bitch" , but I find it elegant, sexy and WARM on me. It melds into my skin so that I cannot tell where I stop and it starts. That may be my personal body/ skin chemistry. A lot of frags turn vile on me because I tend to warm them up like a hot summer night even in winter, but I can always count on No. 5 to hang in there with me without breaking bad.

A little goes a long way so one dab on the neck is enough. I would not want to spray this. I don't know if the perfume even comes in a spray, but it shouldn't. One dab only, ladies. Well, at least for me. I don't want anyone to smell me unless they are within a foot or so of me. That is how I like my perfume - on me and YOU!

This is one of the few perfumes that doesn't give me a headache. I am that lady who runs through the cosmetics department holding her breath.

I cannot resist mentioning the godawful Brad Pitt commercials for this. What a weird disconnect between him and this fragrance. That kind of thing always surprises me- like the glamourous Charlize , Grace and Marilyn in the commercial for the oh- so- pedestrian J'adore. I realze they are trying to buy an image but sometimes the disconnect is just too much.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by MacNW45

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This perfume, is the perfume I think about when I hear the words Confident, Woman, Strong, Elegant, Chic, Seductive, Classy, Mysterious. I even tend to move around a bit slower than usual when I have it on, in an attempt to gain more elegance and grace in my movements. In my honest opinion, you shouldn't wear this until you reach a certain age (24-25) as this perfume will definitely wear you instead and you will smell like you've been playing with mom's stuff.
This perfume is the one I want to keep growing up with and grow old with. When I think about my marriage, honeymoon, special date with my husband, this is the scent I want to have on. It's the fragrance I would like to have on at my own funerals.
Chanel No 5 is a 100% perfect for me, in every single way...on the very top of my list.
Do I need to say that I will buy this again?

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by maico27

When i asked my hubby's opinion on this fragrance, he said "its smells like auntie". But I still insisted on buying this perfume eventhough he keeps on implying that i will smell old. Lol! Anyway, At first spritz it is very overpowering that causes my hubby a headache. It has this very strong yet unique aroma. To me, i can say it smells sophisticated, not old but mature. When i wait for the dry down, very unexpected. I smell all powdery!!! Its like i put on a J&J powder. The staying power is good because even though i washed it off, the smell stays. I can only use this on evening events. Love.love.love

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2013 11:58:00 PM More reviews by FancyShmancy

I don't own this perfume, but my mum has it as its one of her faves. Not too keen on this one... very powdery smell, which I would think would be a good thing, but like many other Chanel perfumes, it is OH SO STRONG!!! I never like a perfume that over-powers a whole ROOM (perfect example, Chanel Mademoiselle! Urgh!!!) Maybe this one would be best dabbed on, rather than sprayed on, as a little goes a long way. Giving this a 2, cos it smells nice on my mum :-)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by illbefloating

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I didn't buy this - but I did go investigate it at the store. I had it in my mind that my sister-in-law wore this stuff. She always comes around smelling of bug spray. So I checked it out to see if I was right. Sure thing . . . Chanel no. 5 is an exact dupe for Raid.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by livelaughlove58

I was hesitant to buy this perfume at first. It is expensive and I normally go for light and flowery perfumes (Daisy, Coach Poppy, etc.) so I originally went straight to Chanel's Chance.. I sprayed both on each hand and walked around. At first Chanel No. 5's strong fragrance was weird for me. I can understand how some may say this is an old lady's perfume because of the initial strong powdery smell however as it sat on my skin I couldn't help but find myself drawn to it. It is definitely a unique smell and it is so unique it takes some getting used to. It is a feminine but powerful fragrance and I can see why so many strong and powerful female icons have favored the iconic No. 5. I think it is worth a try and a classic that I will continue on with.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by Clarabella3982

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first tried this perfume in my early twenties and thought Yuck! old lady scent! Fast forward now to my thirties and I received a bottle of EDT from a Chanel event, grudgingly gave it another try, and expected to hate it....but I didn't! I actually thought hey this isn't too bad! It isn't an airy fairy flowery scent, but a dark mossy and musky one, very womanly and grown up...yes I haven't got older, but rather I've grown up now....;p the EDT actually packs quite a punch of frgrance already, not sure if I would like the EDP....

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by dwducky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Call me unsophisticated, but I really dont care for this perfume. I had the highest hopes for this iconic fragrance that many historically significant women have loved, however as much as I wanted to love it I just couldnt. Like a few of the reviews before me have mentioned, I share the opinion that this does, in fact, smell like old lady. Unfortunately I'm only going to be able to give this a one out of five, which is very sad for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

I LOVE Chanel No. 5, although I have to wear the eau de toilette version, as the parfum is far too strong for me. The fragrance is warm, and soft, and smells to me like cream soda and champagne and powdery vanilla. I have found it very comforting, and love to practically bathe in this stuff. This is one of my favorite scents to wear on special occasions.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by masamim10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Being an iconic smell, I expected something I would love on the first whiff. However, although it is a lovely, sophisticated scent, it is not really my favorite.

I know it is famous, so I am not sure I am comfortable as of yet to make it one of my everyday scents. Actually, it smells like a pretty, formal, and expensive scent. Not very subtle, and very womanly.

I really love the scent and the packaging is simple yet fancy. I might get it again, but maybe for when I am older.