The Body Shop Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Coco-Glucoside, Carbomer, Algae Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Its an okay remover..it doesn't do a great job in removing all my eye make up though, it takes two cotton pads/4 squirts to remove it all -- there are times I can still see remnants of mascara while I cleanse. However, I've never experienced any stinging or irritation. It does not have a strong chemical scent which I also like. I bought this during a sale a few weeks ago and got it for $12..After reading all the irritation complaints, I'll be on the look out for these symptoms and edit my review..I wouldn't repurchase though because it doesn't remove as effectively as it should.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm happy I did not purchase this and got this during the bag for life campaign. This is defenitly not for sensitive skin or the eye area period. It leaves my skin red and stings a bit. It does do the job but you do have to sacrifice comfort. It gets three stars just because it removed my makeup. But other than that it wouldnt be such a high rating.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It does sting a bit, not really for sensitive skin. For this price, I'd rather buy L'Oreal.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Let me say first that I am a Body Shop addict-- their aloe skincare line is amazing and works wonderfully with my dry and sensitive skin. I received this product for free during their holiday gift promo this year and I am so incredibly happy I did not pay the $14.50 for it...here's why:

1) It is not "gentle" as it claims--it even mildly stings my eyes as I remove my makeup. For that reason alone I wouldn't repurchase.

2) It does a terrible job at removing my makeup! I don't even use waterproof mascara or liner so I really have no idea why it doesn't work. It always leaves me with raccoon eyes, not a good look.

3) This thing is LOADED with parabens, those are carcinogens, guys! Four types which is pretty insane for a company that prides itself on being natural and "organic."

I'm sticking with Neutrogena- does the job, doesn't sting and is less than half the price.

This is by far one of the best eye makeup remover! It easily removes my mascara and eyeliner.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my all time favourite. It will not remove waterproof mascara so one lippie off for that! it does do a decent job of normal eyemakeup. It doesn't leave my eyes feeling irritated or an oily film across my eyes when I have removed everything. A fraction of the price of high end eyemakup removers and every bit as good in my opinion.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Does an ok job only in my opinion. Remove normal eye makeup alright, but does not for waterproof stuff. It does sting my eyes sometimes, so I am not a big fan of it.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

To all the reviewers who said that this stung their eyes, I discovered that this did the same to me after a year or so. During the first 6 months this worked really well, removed all my waterproof eye makeup, wasn't greasy etc. I left this lying somewhere for a few months as I was trying another remover. Went back to this and thought that this stung a little, so stopped using it. Went back to this again after another month or so and it stung like crazy! My eyes were watering for about 10 mins. So I guess there is an "expiratory date" for this even though its not explicitly written on the bottle.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Absolutely, noooo! It even couldn't the slightest make-up, it burns eyes, although it's claimed that it's suitable for sensitive eyes-skin.

Seeing as this product was one of The Body Shop's bestseller, I went ahead and bought it.

Wow, this thing made my eyes burn. I was trying to get my non-waterproof mascara off and I couldn't even continue because my lids started to hurt.
It also left my eye with smear of makeup on, tears, and dry.

It may work for others, but it definitely is not for me.

I love products from The Body Shop, especially the aloe line, but this was horrible. I hope I can still return it...

Beware.