September 22, 2014 | 2082 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - The Body Shop - Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2010 7:07:00 AM More reviews by janetxyuu

Seeing as this product was one of The Body Shop's bestseller, I went ahead and bought it.

Wow, this thing made my eyes burn. I was trying to get my non-waterproof mascara off and I couldn't even continue because my lids started to hurt.
It also left my eye with smear of makeup on, tears, and dry.

It may work for others, but it definitely is not for me.

I love products from The Body Shop, especially the aloe line, but this was horrible. I hope I can still return it...

Beware.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2010 6:41:00 AM More reviews by pimenta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have the waterproof version, a bit more expensive but it takes all my mascara, I never liked the oily eye make up removers, so this one is perfect for me because it's a very gentle cream and it removes all my makeup without effort

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by GillianA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product really irritated my eyes and the surrounding skin. My eyes stung and watered when I used it, and after a few days of use my eye-lids had become red and rough - this was VERY visible and also really stung. I also didn't think it was very effective at removing waterproof mascara.
I don't have particularly sensitive eyes but this product caused me a lot of problems.
However, I was able to return it and got a full refund.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 7:21:00 AM More reviews by lovepigeon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This removes a mascara that even my oil-based cleanser can't (Bourjois effet liner), it feels gentle on my skin and leaves no residue. I first bought a bottle of this 4 years ago, have tried many different emurs since (simple, garnier, lush ultrabland, loreal) and have now come back to this as have never found anything better. I also like the fact it comes in a big bottle and is not too expensive.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2010 6:05:00 PM More reviews by mellymel11

I bought this product because I knew that this was is one of the body shops best sellers....so I just assumed that it worked. Never assume....it doesnt remove mascara well. I have to rub and use mutiple cotton balls and then use another makeup remover to take off the remaing makeup. Its a disappointment and waste of thirteen dollars. It is gentle to the eyes though.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2010 4:38:00 PM More reviews by riama

Good: Doesn't sting eyes

Bad: I used this product up really quickly because it takes quite a bit in order to remove my waterproof mascara. It always took me 3 good squirts onto a cotton pad in order to remove my make up. It also left my skin really raw feeling, even though I was gentle with my touch.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 4:46:00 AM More reviews by divinei

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG eye makeup remover. I simply saturate a cotton round and then press it to my eye for 5-8 seconds then gently wipe. Waterproof mascara may not come off with the first swipe, so just repeat.

There is a waterproof version, but I rarely wear waterproof mascara, so I just use this one. I am on my third bottle. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2010 9:47:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Wow, I'm really impressed. My go-to makeup remover for the past few years has been Yves Rocher's dual phase Express Cleanser, but lately I've been wanting to stray, hoping there was something that would remove every last trace without needing a second cotton pad with more remover. Well, The Body Shop Gentle Camomile Makeup Remover does just that. It's not oil-based, the feel of it is like soapy water. Amazingly, it does not sting my eyes at all, even when I keep my eyes open and work along the bottom lash line. One cotton pad takes off every last bit of makeup, it's pretty unbelievable. I'm feeling a little nostalgic at the thought of giving up my beloved YR makeup remover, but I may do just that.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2010 7:59:00 AM More reviews by bunyipgirl

I quite like this product. I had a oil-water make up remover before, and it left my eyes feeling greasy and stinging. This one is much more gentler, and I can get under my lashes without my eyes crying out in pain. You do have to squeeze out a fair bit to get it working though, because the pad tends to absorb it. But it does the job, and doesn't leave me with raccoon eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2010 11:35:00 AM More reviews by MACuplover111

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this product thinking that it would be as gentle as it said, and that it would remove my eye makeup easily. When I first used it, I noticed that it removed my eye makeup, except for my mascara. The mascara was not waterproof, but it still would not come off. While trying to get the mascara off, I noticed that a few lashes would fall off too. Also, when I am wiping off my eye makeup, some of the makeup remover will get into my eyes. My eyes will start to water and become red/irritated. The packaging is fine, but when I tilt it upside down, the product will come pouring out of the bottle quickly. When this happens, the product usually leaks through my cotton pad, and onto my bathroom floor or counter. A pro about this product is that it is non oily, like it says on the bottle. I have used some makeup removers that say that they are oil free, but they have a very oily consistency.