October 25, 2014 | 1031 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - The Body Shop - Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2010 9:11:00 AM More reviews by Hamstershell

Does an ok job only in my opinion. Remove normal eye makeup alright, but does not for waterproof stuff. It does sting my eyes sometimes, so I am not a big fan of it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2010 5:00:00 AM More reviews by lkjhxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To all the reviewers who said that this stung their eyes, I discovered that this did the same to me after a year or so. During the first 6 months this worked really well, removed all my waterproof eye makeup, wasn't greasy etc. I left this lying somewhere for a few months as I was trying another remover. Went back to this and thought that this stung a little, so stopped using it. Went back to this again after another month or so and it stung like crazy! My eyes were watering for about 10 mins. So I guess there is an "expiratory date" for this even though its not explicitly written on the bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2010 8:42:00 AM More reviews by berna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely, noooo! It even couldn't the slightest make-up, it burns eyes, although it's claimed that it's suitable for sensitive eyes-skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2010 7:07:00 AM More reviews by janetxyuu

Seeing as this product was one of The Body Shop's bestseller, I went ahead and bought it.

Wow, this thing made my eyes burn. I was trying to get my non-waterproof mascara off and I couldn't even continue because my lids started to hurt.
It also left my eye with smear of makeup on, tears, and dry.

It may work for others, but it definitely is not for me.

I love products from The Body Shop, especially the aloe line, but this was horrible. I hope I can still return it...

Beware.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2010 6:41:00 AM More reviews by pimenta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have the waterproof version, a bit more expensive but it takes all my mascara, I never liked the oily eye make up removers, so this one is perfect for me because it's a very gentle cream and it removes all my makeup without effort

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by GillianA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product really irritated my eyes and the surrounding skin. My eyes stung and watered when I used it, and after a few days of use my eye-lids had become red and rough - this was VERY visible and also really stung. I also didn't think it was very effective at removing waterproof mascara.
I don't have particularly sensitive eyes but this product caused me a lot of problems.
However, I was able to return it and got a full refund.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 7:21:00 AM More reviews by lovepigeon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This removes a mascara that even my oil-based cleanser can't (Bourjois effet liner), it feels gentle on my skin and leaves no residue. I first bought a bottle of this 4 years ago, have tried many different emurs since (simple, garnier, lush ultrabland, loreal) and have now come back to this as have never found anything better. I also like the fact it comes in a big bottle and is not too expensive.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2010 6:05:00 PM More reviews by mellymel11

I bought this product because I knew that this was is one of the body shops best sellers....so I just assumed that it worked. Never assume....it doesnt remove mascara well. I have to rub and use mutiple cotton balls and then use another makeup remover to take off the remaing makeup. Its a disappointment and waste of thirteen dollars. It is gentle to the eyes though.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2010 4:38:00 PM More reviews by riama

Good: Doesn't sting eyes

Bad: I used this product up really quickly because it takes quite a bit in order to remove my waterproof mascara. It always took me 3 good squirts onto a cotton pad in order to remove my make up. It also left my skin really raw feeling, even though I was gentle with my touch.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 4:46:00 AM More reviews by divinei

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG eye makeup remover. I simply saturate a cotton round and then press it to my eye for 5-8 seconds then gently wipe. Waterproof mascara may not come off with the first swipe, so just repeat.

There is a waterproof version, but I rarely wear waterproof mascara, so I just use this one. I am on my third bottle. I love it.