LUSH Seanik

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Irish Moss Gel (Chondrus crispus), Perfume, Nori Seaweed (Algae), Fine Sea Salt, Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Mimosa Absolute (Acacia decurrens), Orange Blossom Absolute (Citrus aurantium amara), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum grandiflorum), Cocamide DEA, *Limonene, Colour 42045 *Occurs naturally in essential oils

on 9/3/2011 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Warm

I love this stuff! It is a bit pricey for me, so I buy the stuff when I feel like spurlging a little. It volumizes like no other & keeps your hair feeling so healthy & maintained. They say 4 swipes will do. . but heck I like my hair lathered!!

on 8/22/2011 9:37:00 PM

Left my hair very clean and volumized, lathers very well. Stains the bath if left on the side (even in tin it leaked). Don't use too much or it will make your hair feel stripped....just a small lather will do.

I bought this because I have wavy hair that I try to make curlier. I figured out that I have very soft water and that was making my hair too soft and not hold my curls well. So, I bought this shampoo bar and it works really well. It feels very clean like i really get all of the product out. It also feels kind of tangly and not very silky when i get out of the shower, but I just finger comb my hair and diffuse it and it becomes curly, shiny and soft. I have been using the conditioning bar with this shampoo.

on 7/21/2011 12:13:00 PM

This is my first Lush shampoo bar purchase, I really love the smell and the abundant lather but IT STRIPPED OUT ALL OF MY HAIR COLOR! I asked the salesgirl if it was safe for color-treated hair and she said yes. Very disappointed with this as I have another 2 weeks before I can get my hair colored again.

on 7/21/2011 3:39:00 AM

I love this shampoo bar! It was my first LUSH purchase and I'd consider buying more shampoo bars from them! This bar leaves my hair feeling squeaky clean, which I love (my hair gets oily within 24 hours of a wash, usually, so I like somewhat drying shampoos as long as they don't make me frizzy!). However, the tin hasn't worked for me at all (maybe I got a defective one?). My first time trying to open it I had to get out of the bath mid-shower and bang it on my counter (I live in a dorm so imagine the looks I got!) then pry it open with a metal tool - since then I've been afraid to put the lid on the tin so I just keep it with the lid off. So yeah - love the product - HATE the tin.

on 7/11/2011 4:48:00 PM

This was the first shampoo bar I have tried, and I absolutely adore it! The smell is wonderful to me, it reminds me of the ocean. I use it everyday and my hair has much more shine to it, and I have noticed it is a lot easier to work with. I love how the solid shampoo bars have no packaging, it makes me feel like I am helping the environment. My only problem with this shampoo is that you supposedly are only supposed to use 2-3 swipes across your hair, and it is supposed to last 80+ times. I have longer thicker hair, so I do have to use more than that to get a good lather going. Other than that, I love this shampoo and most likely will be repurchasing.

on 6/5/2011 1:22:00 PM

I was going on vacation so I decided to buy one of Lush's solid shampoos to take with me. At first I didn't think that one bar would be enough because it looked very tiny. However, the sale associate assured me that one bar would last up to 3 months (depending on the thickness and length of your hair).

For me, I found that the first time I used it, it didn't lather as well and I was fairly disappointed. However, when I continued using it, I did find that the shampoo did lather quite a bit despite how little I put in my hair. I've been using the product for a month now and it's only gotten slightly smaller since the first day that I bought it. For $10 CAD, I think it's definitely worth it.

The seanik shampoo bar smells like the ocean and there are chunks of seaweed in it. You have to really wash your hair throughly or you might have some bits of seaweed stuck in your hair afterwards.

It doesn't moisurize your hair so if you have dry hair, I wouldn't recommend this product because it does make your hair feel dry. I found that I had to lather conditioner on just to balance it out a bit. But for dry hair, I liked using the Godiva shampoo bar which is definitely more moisturizing.

I put my shampoo bar in one of the Lush tins ($3.45 CAD) and it's a little difficult to open when you're in the shower but it does keep your shampoo from melting away while you shower. Though, if you had a regular tin at home, that would suffice as well.

I would definitely repurchase this shampoo because it smells good and it makes my hair feel really clean.

on 5/10/2011 5:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

i really love the solid shampoo concept. This seanik smells really nice, it gives lots of bubble and makes my hair so clean. But I have to use conditioner every time after this, otherwise my hair would be too dry.

on 5/7/2011 11:10:00 PM

LUSH's solid shampoos are my favorite. I love how easy they are to travel with, how well they lather and how little you need. This one smells beautiful, adds lots of shine and even a little body to my fine, straight but abundant hair. I've repurchased many times.

on 4/30/2011 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This was one of the very first products I bought from Lush and let me tell you, this is one of the best shampoos I have ever used. It lathers so well that all i need is a few swipes of this bar to lather all my hair (and i have lots of it). One of the reasons I bought this product was because it was cruelty free and all natural. Plus it smells so good. The only downside this product had was the tin packaging. The tin looks nice but it was always a struggle to remove the bar from it. So i ended up buying a small plastic container to store it in. Now i have no problems. I recommend this product to everyone.