April 16, 2014 | 1894 users online

Stick - Shiseido - The makeup Stick Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2007 5:13:00 PM More reviews by alal

I really am a devotee now of Shiseido; I use the eyelash curler and numerous foundation products. In addition to the O40 stick foundation, i have the matching powder and fluid foundation. The tube is great for on the go days, and you can blend this into your bags, spots and dark blemishes. When I have more time I combine all 3 in order to give a more opaque camouflauge to dark areas and spots. On its own O40 seamlessly matches my tan Asian skin color, and even my sister commented on how well it matched. It is not opaque but can be built up with other products; however, I like that its sheer qualities and gives me a 'dewy' look.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2007 4:09:00 AM More reviews by lookinggood12

medium coverage,great packaging, good texture but no staying power- particularly if you have to go out in the sun- it kind of just slides off . not my idea of stick foundation- great shades though.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2007 9:48:00 AM More reviews by hizzlehazzle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

The packaging is excellent - compact and stylish. This probably didn't work on me because I have extrememly oily skin, but for some reason the SA insisted that I try this. It had no staying power, didn't blend well (i tried blending with my fingers AND with a makeup sponge), and it didn't look natural because it had a weird texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2007 9:14:00 PM More reviews by doristam

Great coverage and super convenient packaging. This product is a good option if you're on the go and don't want to spend a lot of time swiping liquid foundation on your face. I just dab a few trouble spots and I'm good to go with a natural look.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2007 5:28:00 PM More reviews by sueuvic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Good colour match for me (NC15), super easy to apply, medium coverage and somewhat buildable, love the packaging (a stick! brilliant!), and no flakiness. BUT settled into eye wrinkle zone, transfer to white shirts happened, and worse yet, had absolutely no stamina -- was gone in hours on my oily t-zone. I'm going to try the Laura Mercier stick now before I swear off all sticks for myself, but I'd advise this is useful only if you can handle something moisturizing and can reapply midday.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2007 7:23:00 PM More reviews by makeupcat

I can't believe I was lucky enough to find a perfect foundation and an exact color match by simply reading the reviews on MUA!!! I bought I40 and it is the same exact color as my skin. It simply just disappears like no other I've ever used. I'm 43 and now have a little more to cover than I used to (sigh). But this does the trick while looking like I have just absolutely flawless skin! I have fair skin with a slight yellow/olive tone but also have alot of pink in my cheeks. This looks great and doesn't settle in the little lines I have under my eyes now. I love it and will buy it again and again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2007 5:02:00 AM More reviews by Aspen49

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have mixed feelings about this foundation. On one hand, the color I00, was a very close match for my skintone, and I love the idea of a stick foundation for travel & portability. On the other hand, it made my skin feel oily, and broke me out. I don't think it covered red areas very well, either. I'm disappointed, because I really had high hopes for this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2007 12:24:00 AM More reviews by USCgirlie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried tons of foundations before (high-end, low-end), but I have to say that Shiseido's The Makeup Stick Foundation is one of the most natural finishes I've ever had from a foundation. The color, O40, is the most perfect match that I've ever had for my skintone. Previously, close matches were MAC NC35 and Revlon's Fresh Beige, but they were never the "melt into my skin" kind of match. In addition to being the perfect color match, the foundation's finish is super natural. In fact, the first few days I applied it, I found it too natural, and felt that it did not cover anything. At that point, it seemed to only make my skin look slightly more even-toned, but didn't cover acne scars or pimples. Now I've found that if I swipe the foundation stick onto my face a bit harder, I can have more coverage. The reason why I give this 4 stars instead of 5 is because I do have to spend a bit more time applying more in order for it to give medium coverage -- which foundation sticks are supposed to do anyway. Also, I've noticed that I've only used it for one month but already a significant portion of the product has been used up. Despite these complaints though, I am generally very happy with this foundation - it makes my skin look and feel healthy!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2007 6:54:00 AM More reviews by anti_starlet

This must be one of my most favourite foundations. You would think that because it's a stick, hence a cream, it must be medium heavy coverage but applied lightly enough it can appear pretty sheer. The shade O60 is a bit light for me but nothing I can't get away with. Can build up coverage for when you need a bit extra and when I apply it to my undereye dark circles I barely need any concealer. Only wish it lasted a bit longer through the day or maybe I just need to start using a primer. This is definitely my HG everyday foundation and I recommend to lighter skinned mixed race girls :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2007 2:00:00 AM More reviews by desertmom4

I was on the hunt for a foundation stick as I wanted a quick-fix for the days I didn't want to put on a full face of makeup. I read all the great reviews here on MUA and decided to give this stick a try. The price was high, so I though it must work really well. In this stick I am an I40, which matched my skin perfectly...needless to say I put this stick to the test on a day my family went to play in the snow. I didn't exert any energy, just watched my kids go sledding. Needless to say, after being in the snow all day (sunny day), we went to dinner. That is when I took a look at myself in the restroom mirror and almost gasped with horror!! My face looked horrid, my makeup was gone just leaving trails of residue where it once had been. I blame this foundation as it is the base for my other makeup (blush, bronzer). This stick did not provide long wear, it just seemed to slide off my face within hours. I do not have oily skin, rather normal/dry, and I always moisturize and use a primer before applying foundation. Even though I really liked the way the color matched me perfectly and the packaging was cute, I cannot stand to pay lots of $$ just to have it disappear. Needless to say, I returned it and won't be trying this product again and am discouraged to try any other products from this line.