August 23, 2014 | 1005 users online

Stick - Shiseido - The makeup Stick Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2007 5:49:00 PM More reviews by saintsvalentine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily, acne prone skin. I usually use a mattifying liquid, but i wanted something I could use on occasion that's easier - something i could put on quickly, just to even out skin tone, cover redness, etc. The color (very light ivory `00)matched my fair skin pretty well, but then, i have a slight tan, so once I lost the tan it would be too dark. But besides this, it was just awful. I had to use several layers to cover redness and acne scars, and it didn't even cover redness very well, esp around my nose. It also felt , well, not heavy exactly, but oily I guess and just didn't look good. Somehow it matched my skintone but the finish was odd looking. It looked natural on my cheeks, but no where else. Maybe it just wasn;t enough coverage for me - too sheer I think. I can see how it would rub off easily too. I usually use EL double wear, and i like the matte finish that I know isn't going anywhere until I wash it off. In fact, I washed this goop off about an hour later and when i applied my DW, i felt, ahhhh, happy, safe, secure. It made me glad to be using the DW again. For me, I think it was too light, too sheer, too oily. If i wanted something that light and sheer, i would buy the spf stick instead - at least it would protect my skin. I bought their sunscreen at the same time, but it's FABULOUS and probably worth the high price tag. I can't wait to return this makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2007 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Koibita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite foundation (With Teint Innocence compact). First of all, the shade matches my skin perfectly, not too yellow, either too pink (I'm using Natural Fair Ivory).
Second, the gorgeous texture that glides and blends easely with buildable coverage. Leaves a very natural finish, blends really effortlessly with sponge or fingers and enhances skin tone without feeling greasy .
Third, does not clog pores and it hasn't made me break out either. I have comb/sensitive skin and this foundation is just wonderful for it! I must recommend this. =)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2007 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Passive

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, I certainly like this product. It's the best foundation I have seen on my skin, in terms of texture and color. I found it extremely easy to apply, due to the stick packaging.

The black sleek metal-ish tube is easy to transport and you don't have to worry about leaks in your purse if you'd feel the need to touch up during the day. It blends well, too, on my skin - I just use my fingers. If you're like me and don't want to spend ages on liquid foundation, especially when it feels you're wearing a mask at some point, this thing is for you. I spend about two minutes on my foundation now and have flawless natural skin, as opposed to previous seven to ten to fifteen minutes spent of perfecting my foundation and making sure there's no streaks etc.
If liquid foundation works for you, that's fine. If you have a GOOD liquid foundation to recommend me, please do, I'm always up for trying new things.

This product goes on like a dream - it's very creamy and depending on how much pressure you apply, it can have a sheer coverage or a heavy one. Unfortunately, I chose a color a bit too light for my skin tone - it's absolutely perfect for winter, but as I tan quite a bit during summer months, it's slightly too fair for my skin tone. It doesn't bother me, because after a couple moments, the foundation melts and becomes one with my skin. I have yet to see it cake up. That is, unless I apply it on my undereye area. I have to layer it on like mad there, but that's just because I have DARK undereye circles. People with subtle undereye circles probably don't have to worry about it much. And I don't have to anymore either - I have a good concealer. But I digress.

The staying power of said foundation, however, should be longer. Considering that it's such an expensive product, that aspect could have some improvement. It tends to slide off if your skin is oily or you get hot a lot. But, I've noticed, that when it starts to disappear, my skin doesn't look terrible, it looks just fine, just a small touch up is needed. It doesn't turn splotchy.

Also, it doesn't oxidize on my skin or turn into a horrid orange color, which is always good. I have never seen it smear on my clothes or on others' or various things I touch during the day.

I will repurchase this over and over again - the bulletlike tube usually lasts somewhere from six to twelve months, depending on my skin. So the price isn't all that bad. So unless I find something that exceeds its qualities vastly, I will stay loyal to this.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2007 5:13:00 PM More reviews by alal

I really am a devotee now of Shiseido; I use the eyelash curler and numerous foundation products. In addition to the O40 stick foundation, i have the matching powder and fluid foundation. The tube is great for on the go days, and you can blend this into your bags, spots and dark blemishes. When I have more time I combine all 3 in order to give a more opaque camouflauge to dark areas and spots. On its own O40 seamlessly matches my tan Asian skin color, and even my sister commented on how well it matched. It is not opaque but can be built up with other products; however, I like that its sheer qualities and gives me a 'dewy' look.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2007 4:09:00 AM More reviews by lookinggood12

medium coverage,great packaging, good texture but no staying power- particularly if you have to go out in the sun- it kind of just slides off . not my idea of stick foundation- great shades though.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2007 9:48:00 AM More reviews by hizzlehazzle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

The packaging is excellent - compact and stylish. This probably didn't work on me because I have extrememly oily skin, but for some reason the SA insisted that I try this. It had no staying power, didn't blend well (i tried blending with my fingers AND with a makeup sponge), and it didn't look natural because it had a weird texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2007 9:14:00 PM More reviews by doristam

Great coverage and super convenient packaging. This product is a good option if you're on the go and don't want to spend a lot of time swiping liquid foundation on your face. I just dab a few trouble spots and I'm good to go with a natural look.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2007 5:28:00 PM More reviews by sueuvic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Good colour match for me (NC15), super easy to apply, medium coverage and somewhat buildable, love the packaging (a stick! brilliant!), and no flakiness. BUT settled into eye wrinkle zone, transfer to white shirts happened, and worse yet, had absolutely no stamina -- was gone in hours on my oily t-zone. I'm going to try the Laura Mercier stick now before I swear off all sticks for myself, but I'd advise this is useful only if you can handle something moisturizing and can reapply midday.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2007 7:23:00 PM More reviews by makeupcat

I can't believe I was lucky enough to find a perfect foundation and an exact color match by simply reading the reviews on MUA!!! I bought I40 and it is the same exact color as my skin. It simply just disappears like no other I've ever used. I'm 43 and now have a little more to cover than I used to (sigh). But this does the trick while looking like I have just absolutely flawless skin! I have fair skin with a slight yellow/olive tone but also have alot of pink in my cheeks. This looks great and doesn't settle in the little lines I have under my eyes now. I love it and will buy it again and again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2007 5:02:00 AM More reviews by Aspen49

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have mixed feelings about this foundation. On one hand, the color I00, was a very close match for my skintone, and I love the idea of a stick foundation for travel & portability. On the other hand, it made my skin feel oily, and broke me out. I don't think it covered red areas very well, either. I'm disappointed, because I really had high hopes for this.