April 20, 2014 | 1652 users online

Lotions/ Creams - LUSH - Fair Trade Foot Lotion

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2005 12:11:00 PM More reviews by wunverdoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this. It feels nice and cooling on my feet and moisterises well enough. Another plus point with this is that it doesn't take as long to sink it as a lot of other foot moisterisers. But I'm going to take off a lippie as I'm sure theres better foot creams out there but I'm going to stick with this one as its pleasant to use and easy to find.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2005 2:22:00 AM More reviews by anvu80

I was using Shea it isn't so foot cream from BBW and was loving it, until I went into LUSH and smelled this lotion. It is spearmint and pepperminty and a very pretty pink color. This lotion is much lighter than the shea it isnt so in thickness, and feels less greasy. I rub it on before bed, and put on my socks from BBW..it feels great! I'm definitely going to keep using this product throughout the summer as my feet get dry from wearing sandles!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2005 7:56:00 AM More reviews by jd-jd

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Lush copied Body Shop's signature Peppermint Foot Lotion with a version of their own. It's much better than TBS's lotion, which has too much stearic acid in it (makes it leave a residue.) Lush makes this from fair trade cocoa butter and other oils, spearmint and LOTS of it. This is very minty on me, and I adore spearmint. The texture is light and the lotion sinks in well. I don't think it moisturizes my very dry ankles totally, and I hate the black tub with the stupid pull-off lid. Why oh why do they package things in these awful tubs? Anyway, I still gave it five lippies as I really like the scent and the feel. It cools my feet and soothes them.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2005 7:26:00 PM More reviews by nemesis41

This is a nice enough foot lotion. It smells of mint, though I think the mint scent could be stronger. It's also pink, and comes in a rather large pot. It's a great foot cream for summer, as the mint makes it cooling and refreshing. It moisturizes well enough, but is not significantly more effectice than other foot creams I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2004 1:05:00 AM More reviews by KateTheKitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This lotion is a lovely pink color and nice and minty/refreshing. It's great to use overnight and I far prefer it to their other foot lotion. When it comes to foot lotions, I'm not entirely convinced that they work any better than regular lotion, but I do like this one quite a bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2004 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Lilstace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this foot lotion! It actually lasts for ever as theres so much cream in the pot.

A brightly pinked coloured lotion, not to thick in texture and smells exactly like spearmint. Really nice to rub into the feet after a hot bath and a hard days work! Soothes my feet and leaves them lovely scented.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2004 9:57:00 PM More reviews by lifeisastory

Iíve heard so much about Lush here on MUA that when I discovered a new one had been built here, I was excited. I was a little disappointed at first. There were piles of soaps and bath bombs all over the place. I hate baths and I really hate bar soap. I was about to leave when I remembered reading some reviews of the Silky Underwear powder, so I went to check it out. To make a long story short, I found a few things I liked and brought home a big haul. (I was in the mood to treat myself.) I bought Silky Underwear body powder, Buffy the Backside Slayer exfoliating bar, Helping Hands hand cream and the Dream Cream body cream. I was going to get a foot cream too, but couldnít make up my mind between the Fair Trade foot lotion and Pied de Pepper foot cream. The SA solved my problem by giving me generous samples of both to take home with me. Why so many lotions and potions? My skin has been super-dry lately and I havenít been able to find anything moisturizing enough. Because I am lazy, Iím writing one review for all of the products I tried, and Iíll just paste it in each individual productís section in productville.

1. Dream Cream ($17.35 for 8.4oz)
I love this stuff. Itís a bit heavy, so I wouldnít recommend this for anyone who doesnít have really dry skin to use on an everyday basis. When I put Dream Cream on at night, I can still feel it on me in the morning. Long-lasting moisture is what you get with this stuff. Again, others may find this too heavy or greasy, but it was perfect for me. Dream Cream leaves my skin feeling exactly the way it feels after Iíve slathered Vaseline on my feet and wore socks over them all night long. Good stuff. And a little goes a long way.

2. Helping Hands ($11.25 for 3.5oz)
Total. Waste. Of. Money. Not particularly moisturizing or softening, and 15 minutes after I put it on, my skin feels like I need to reapply. Like dream cream, a little goes a long way. Itís going to take forever to use it up. I wish I could return it.

3. Fair Trade foot lotion ($14.95 for 7.9oz)
I am SO glad I didnít actually buy this. It did a so-so job on my feet. Definitely not moisturizing enough for me. Itís supposed to have cooling properties, but other than the pepperminty fragrance, there wasnít much cooling going on.

4. Pied de Pepper foot lotion ($9.55 for 3.5oz)
This was about as useful as the Fair Trade cream Ė in that it wasnít useless at all. I even started to think they were the exact same product but with different fragrances. (I checked the ingredients, they are totally different. But you could have fooled me.) This foot lotion is supposed to have warming properties. It smells like a box of red hots, but thatís the only thing warm about it.

On a side note about these two foot products, the samples I received were enough for 7 days. I used Fair Trades on my left foot and Pied de Pepper on my right foot. After using both for a full week, not only was there NO difference between them, but my feet were still dry. But there was something I didnít understand Ė why is the Pied de Pepper so much more expensive than Fair Trade? I just donít get it.

5. Silky Underwear body powder ($7.40 for 3.5oz)
I agree with other reviews about the packaging. I applaud LUSH for using recycled products, but this powder should really come in some sort of container with a lid and a puff. Feels pretty good. Iím not much of a body powder person, so I donít have much basis for comparison. The only other powder Iíve used is Burtís Bees. Silky Underwear is about the same, but smells better.

6. Buffy the Backside Slayer ($16.90 for a 7oz bar)
Iíll admit it Ė I bought this because I like the name. Iíve only used this once, so I canít say much. It seems to be on par with a loofah. Iíll have to come back and update this after Iíve used it a few timesÖ

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No