MAC Satin - Arena

4.4

on 9/24/2009 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was at MAC and I was totally looking to buy something else but when I came across Arena and swatched it, I thought it would be a perfect everyday e/s. I really love it and it's a great e/s for on the go. Sometimes when I'm finding myself pressed for time, I just use this all over my lid so I just have a hint of color on them. I'm finding myself using this quite frequently now that I think of it. Will definitely repurchase when I run out!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this color. I recently went crazy and bought 10 neutral colored eyeshadows from MAC, but I think Arena is one of my favorites.

It's a really pretty light peachy color to me. Looks very natural on my lids and it gives a sheen that I'm crazy over. I could wear it alone or pair it up with Espresso for a nice neutral smokey eye. LOVE!

on 8/17/2009 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is such a great, understated neutral colour. So pretty and it can be used with so much. It really needs respect. Pair it with cork, era, bronzed, satin taupe or more vibrant colours like bitter or orange. Really, really nice.

on 7/15/2009 3:18:00 PM

Of course I will repurchase this gem! "Arena" is one of the first MAC eyehadows that I purchased almost 10 yrs ago...and out of all the MAC eyeshadows over the years, this is the only one that I have hit pan on twice! It's about time to get another...I hope they never discontinue this..

NC50/NW45 (MAC)
7 Almond (Bobbi Brown)

P.S. Just wanted to list my first MAC eyeshadows: Arena, Corduroy, Mystery, Juxt, Electra, Trax, Sketch, Vanilla Pigment...

on 5/19/2009 4:59:00 AM

I don't get the orange, this is actually yellow based which will brighten most eye colors. I love to use Arena as a wash and swipe Omega (also yellow based) into the socket. Beautiful clean look. Also Arena can be a lovely touch of neutral blush on pale skin.

on 5/9/2009 9:34:00 PM

Love the color! This is my everyday eyeshadow. I usually go with purple or green eyeshadow but decided to go more natural now that I am getting older. This is a perfect shade of peachy brown with no shimmer which I love. Brightens my eyes instantly. I will buy again for sure.

on 4/20/2009 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Another my everyday eyeshadow. It is light-midinum peachy brown, or say light orange brown. It is definately not orange orange, it is still in brown family. My summer eyeshadow! It warms up my face and give a pop to my eyes.

on 1/2/2009 10:26:00 AM

Arena is a great color for fair - med skin. It's a lovely understated color that makes my eyes look polished for work. It's great with a nice brown liner and shroom as a highlighter. (note that this is a very basic look though, and not really attention grabbing if that's what you're after.) at night, a sweep of all that glitters over the top brings some sparkle. Also pairs well with several MAC browns in the crease.
Update: I'm taking a lippie off because this doesn't have the staying power that I really expect from MAC. It's beautiful, and it's lasted 8 hours - but all my MAC's last that long when I'm just sitting inside in the air conditioning... this has faded quite a bit.
EDIT: I'm adding a lippie back - this color is just so sweet. i've been using it over Nars All About Eve in the crease and it is so pretty

on 12/17/2008 6:59:00 AM

I don't really like this much. It barely shows up on my NC37-40 olive complexion. The formula feels good on the lids and spreads really well, but I feel it actually dilutes the colour of this shadow when put on my lid. It looks gorgeous in the pan, kind of like bamboo but in a satin formula and slightly lighter, but when I put it on, there is hardly any colour and nothing to be seen but a very slight beige shimmer, almost! It does, however, make me look kind of polished...but when I'm wearing eyeshadow, I want it to be somewhat noticeable and not invisable. Wouldn't repurchase.

on 12/8/2008 4:44:00 PM

Hello, new obsession. I've been looking for this colour for a long, long time - a soft goldy peach that is wearable. Everything else I've tried has been too orange, too gold, too pink, etc. But this is perfect. It's really nice as an all over wash for a neutral look but can be dressed up easily with bronzes, browns, plums, etc. for night time wear. Looks great with Ultra-Elegant slimshine on the lips. I just bought this but it might be HG material for me.