July 30, 2014 | 2056 users online

Eye Primer - Mary Kay - Eye Primer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2009 2:40:00 PM More reviews by EternityintheRain

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this for free from my hair stylist, who's also a Mary Kay seller. I don't like it. In fact I plain threw it out. it didn't do anything except make my crease look greasy. In fact my eyeshadow lasted longer on it's own than it did with this. It seems so unnecessary. This is a downer that I don't plan to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2009 2:40:00 PM More reviews by MeowBG

I like the Mary Kay Eye Primer. It works for me and does a good job of evening out the eyelid skin tone. For me, it is pretty expensive. I bought it from a friend who sells Mary Kay and was the least expensive thing I found that I liked. I don't think I would buy it again but am enjoying it while I have it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2009 9:19:00 PM More reviews by MegsTroske

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this as a replacement for Too Faced Shadow Insurance as i neared the end of my tube. The Mary Kay eye primer is not an exact substitute but it works. I do notice colors go on better and stay longer but I'd say splurge the extra $5 and get either TFSI or UDPP. Sometimes I find this irritate my eyes but i like to use it when i am using a sticky base like a cream eye shadow to prevent creasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2009 3:06:00 PM More reviews by slickchick5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently purchased the Mary kay primer on Monday and recieved it the next day (how awesome is that?!). This would be my first primer and I have never tried UDPP or shadow insurance. I am just so fascinated with this product! I applied the primer at 7:45 am and it stayed on after 10pm...it stayed on even when I went for a run. Keep in mind that I removed my eyemakeup at around 10:30 and it still looked fresh. I could very much bet that the shadows could last till the next day. I don't have oily lids, and shadows stay on me fairly ok without a primer or concealed. After using MK eye primer, I don't have the curiosity of trying other primers that only hurt my pocket lol. MK is a wondrful eye primer without breaking the bank! ($12 to be exact)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by wenlinyuen

I've been using this eye primer for about 8 months and there's a significant difference in my eye makeup with this primer on. A tiny dab on each eyelid is all that is needed (about half of an eyedrop). This primer goes on transparent. It is recommended that you put on your eye shadow/makeup immediately after the primer because that is when primer is most effective at bonding makeup to your eyelids. After a 14-hour day, my makeup looks as fresh as in the morning. This primer is excellent especially for those using pigment/loose eye powder. My tube lasted for about 8 months. I recently re-purchased by contacting a local Mary Kay representative on www.marykay.ca. This was about $20 (Canadian) and considering that it lasts for 8 months and exceeds other eye primers, is worth it for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2009 5:51:00 PM More reviews by FiGHTthaFEELiN

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this stuff for about 2 months and had to throw away. I started getting flakey around my eyelids and some redness occured. I realized tht the days I used this primer it irritated my skin around the eyes and it did still crease throughout the day. Not worth the money.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2009 6:05:00 PM More reviews by 2prettygirls

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product did nothing to help my eye makeup stay on longer and I had an allergic reaction (itchy eye lids and some redness).

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2009 5:38:00 PM More reviews by alexisanne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recieved this as a gift, more like a sample from my friend who works for Mary Kay. It's not the best product i've used. I don't have oily skin at all, but for some reason eyeshadows don't like to stay on very long on my eyelids. The Primer is alright, goes on translucent, the texture is good, and it's non-irritating (at least to me). Yet when applying shadows, it only lasts for a couple of hours. I'm still looking for a better primer, but I guess for now, this will do.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2009 6:16:00 PM More reviews by YUMAWOMAN

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have completely changed my mind on this product after using it for a longer period. (I had stated that it just seemed like an unnecessary extra step.) My eye makeup lasts longer when I use it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2009 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Kendall420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Now I will first say that, I have never tried any primers other than this one. I got this for 8 dollars with shipping included on Ebay. I had watched a lot of YouTube Videos with UDPP and TFSI and wanted something similar but not too expensive. I think that using this product vs. bare skin makes eyeshadow more vibrant. Just to be sure, I did some swatches on my hand. Also, I think it makes eyeshadow much easier to blend. One day I forgot to put on the primer and got very frustrated that my eyeshadow was not blending well. As far as staying power, I had to take off one lippy. While it does make the shadow stay a bit longer than on bare skin, it still looks faded to me after a few hours. I also had to take off a lippy for creasing. And one last thing, you must put on your shadow almost immediately after applying to your lid. I put mine on after letting the primer dry for about 15 to 20 seconds. I am looking forward to trying UDPP to see if there is any difference.