April 20, 2014 | 1591 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by sheff803

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the most amazing toner ever!!! I saw so many people talking about the benefits of using Bragg's apple cider vinegar for acne! The have sensitive skin, so I am always open to trying natural skin care remedies! This one is amazing!!!!! I bought a spray bottle and I mix equal parts water and apple cider vinegar. Everyone has different skin, so it's important to start with a more diluted toner to see how your skin handles it and then adjust from there. My skin handles it well, so I am able to use a 1:1 ratio. Also, it is important to use the ACV with the "mother" in it. Bragg's is the brand that I use and it can be found in the organic or natural foods section of a natural foods store. I could not find it in my regular food store, but I did find it in our nearest Wegmans.

I use this at night after I cleanse my skin. If I have any pimples, I dab undiluted ACV onto the spot after swiping my face with an ACV toner soaked cotton ball. This has done wonders at clearing, evening, and brightening my skin! The only con I think of about this product is the smell. I don't mind the smell of vinegar, but my fiance HATES it! I find that it does dissipate after a little while though. Other than the smell, this product is amazing, cheap, natural, and I recommend it to anyone looking for a toner!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by anakay44

Hi. I love using acv. My parents drink it to lose weight. I use it in shampoo. I had an itchy scalp for a while and I thought it might be dandruff so I got on google and after some research I made a mixture of 40% shampoo, 20% water, 40% ACV and about 3 drops of tee tree oil, 3 of lavender essential oil, 2 of clove EO (I hate the smell), and 4 of peppermint EO (smells amazing). And this has made my hair feel amazing. It smells really minty and fresh too. My hair isn't greasy anymore, split ends have improved. It's great overall. But I must say I never wash it 2 days in a row so I'm not sure how that would work. But I close my eyes really tightly when I shampoo because vinegar will burn like no other!!

I also have used it on my skin for acne. I just dilute it to 50% water, 50% acv and it works well. Smells pretty bad and burns but it works to get rid of acne. I wash it off after like 10 minutes sometimes. Other times I leave it all night.
Acv has TONS of uses and I love it. Also I just get the Great Value brand from Walmart fyi

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Kellison

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

OMG this stuff mixed with tee tree oil has straight up saved my acne prone skin.

Let me start out by saying Im almost to the point of getting on ACCUTANE.

I started using apple cider vinager mixed with a little bit of tea tree oil on a cotton swab as a toner every morning and every night and holy crap am I glad I did.

Im not gonna lie, it took while to work, about 4 weeks.

But now I get complements on my skin regulary, which for someone with acne is almost unheard of??

SO this is what it did,

Pros:

>Faded scars (big time)
>Brightened my skin
>Keeps my skin "balenced" thats a really big perk to ACV, it balences your skins PH levels after a good face wash
>Never fails to wake me up in the morning
>SO MUCH BETTER THAT THOSE HARSH TONERS THAT CONTAIN ALCOHOL

And now,

Cons:

>Burns, especially on open or freshly popped zits
>Takes about a month to work (dont give up like I almost did)
>Smells absolutly horrid, but hey. beauty isnt always pretty ;)
>You gotta find your right measurment for your skin
For example

Dry skin- Half acv, half water, no tea tree oil
Normal- Same ^ a few drops of TTO wont hurt
Combo- 3/4 ACV 1/4 water a few drops of TTO
Oily- If your skin isnt very sensitive, Dont dilute, use straight ACV and TTO, if your skin is, 3/4 ACV 1/4 water and few drops of TTO
Acne Prone- Same ^

I use straight ACV and tea tree oil, it doesnt burn as bad anymore after a month of use.

I also use a gentle cleanser like Cetaphil or Cereve

Go for a oil free basic moisturizer if your acne prone like me.

Hope this helps!

You can find this stuff at your local Sprouts of Cox farm.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Dahlia70

I've been taking Bragg's ACV internally for 3 months now and I have to say its made SUCH a difference in my overall health. Most people are talking about skin and I definitely have noticed an improvement, I am not prone to acne so nothing has changed as far as that but let me tell you in addition to working out and eating healthy this stuff has helped with my body fat especially around my stomach. It also has been great for helping with digestion and bloating. My BMs have been different too (probably TMI but just saying) better. I drink less alcohol, completely cuts the cravings even, i drink less coffee too.
One recommendation based on my experience: i wouldnt take it past 5 pm unless i want to be alert late at night, no joke i think i took this once at 6pm on a weeknight and i could not shut off my brain. funny that but i did read that it makes you more mentally alert. I am just overall impressed by all the amazing things this natural product does!
I will use this for the rest of my life!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Monseter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

might be too soon to start raving but HOLY SH**! I've been using this for two days and my skin's redness is almost completely gone and the two pimples I had have been pretty much dried out!

It smells absolutely terrible but I'm willing to trade smell for bright skin and little to no rosacea!!

Other toners dry me out really bad which in return causes painful cystic pimples but this makes my face feel clean and refreshed. I will be sure to update in two weeks and then in a month.

Price wise, it was fairly cheap! 3 bucks for the vinegar (organic section, on sale) and then I bought a cute waterbottle for a dollar and then poured out about 1/4 of the water and filled it with vinegar. It looks pretty diluted but I think that's alright because it's not as harsh on my sensitive skin.

Another thing is that I've shoved that sucker in the refrigerator so the smell isn't as harsh.

UPDATE 5/5/2013: I've been using this for two weeks and I'm still ranting about it. My face isn't COMPLETELY clear yet but it has gotten rid of break outs for the most part, skin is still not as oily as it was in the past and if i get a new break out I can pretty much count on it to be gone after a day or two of using this.
I read up on ACV as much as I could and I read that it can get rid of blisters... my boyfriend managed to get one after mowing the lawn the other day and I used a cotton swab to put a good amount of acv on a band-aid for him overnight and by the next morning his blister was gone!
I also used it to brush my teeth one day (two drops, soo gross) but it really made my teeth a little whiter and my teeth felt REALLY clean!!

UPDATE: 07/02/2013: I've reused an old spray bottle I had lying around and filled it up with just straight vinegar. I've been using it on my hair in the shower once or twice a week when I don't shampoo and it's made my natural highlights come out and it's helped my hair lose all it's frizz. Again, the smell isn't the best but who cares when you get 329842098 compliments on how AWESOME your hair looks?

As for the face, I've been using the same spray bottle, spraying it on my hands and then rubbing my face with it in the shower as if it were a cleanser and so far so good. I had an allergic reaction to a new moisturizer a few weeks ago and I got rid of all the contact dermatitis in THREE DAYS (unheard of because it usually takes two weeks for my face to heal) by washing with pure ACV and applying hydrocortizone cream (not to mention benadryl twice a day) but overall ACV has been a life saver for me.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by TheHappySkinDiary

Apple cider vinegar toner is a super effective way to fight breakouts. I was a bit hesitant to try it at first, because I thought that it will be too acidic and will irritate my skin but eventually I decided to give it a go. It was absolutely great! I used it in the evening and next morning my skin already looked clearer and felt refreshed. I also noticed that vinegar not only reduces breakouts but also fades existing spots and scars, my skin looks more even. It has been a month since I've been using it. I don't do it every day though, 1-2 per week is enough for me. If you decide to try it our (which I would definitely recommend), make sure that you dilute the vinegar with water, the recommended ratio is 1:1. I use more vinegar than that, but you should find your own perfect ratio for your skin's needs!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by joe_mama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this stuff is awesome. Ive been using it as a cleanser for about 3 weeks. i put 50/50 water/acv in a bottle and soak up a cotton ball, rub it all over my face and rinse off. i do this every morning and night.the first week my face would get really red after using it, but my face would go back to its normal color after 20 min, and now my face is use to it i guess because it no longer gets red. i occasionally use grape seed oil as a moisturizer and i use derm-e tea tree oil at night after washing. it does not dry out my face as much as every other cleanser ive tried and it works.now my face is nice and glowy and clear:) if you wear makeup i dont know about using this as a cleanser because i doubt it would take makeup off. it might just work as a toner. i dont like leaving it on my face because its stinky.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by babybefree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm on the fence about ACV on my face. I think it can work great as a toner to brighten and even skin tone, but I'm not sure how it's helped any active blemishes I've had (though judging by the ratings and reviews here, it works great for many). Steaming with ACV in water feels great though, and you can find directions on the Bragg's website. I may experiment with this as a toner again in the future, but for now am having more definite results with other products.

However, Bragg's ACV is still a must-have for me. It works WONDERS for upset stomachs. I just put like a tablespoon or two in a glass with water- enough that you can really taste it- and sip. This drink settles any nausea in a matter of minutes, even when I feel nauseous enough to be sick. If you want to try it for this, I recommend testing it out first with a fine stomach or maybe just slight nausea, as I'd hate to recommend this to someone on the verge of getting sick and have it make matters worse! I've read that this is a great help to even settling a stomach wretched by food sickness though, so chances are it will be safe and effective. I've never had any problems though, and I'm a weakling when it comes to stomach problems. I'll never be without it, especially when traveling.

Another interesting use for this stuff- scalp itching! My mom was recently complaining of this issue so I recommended she do a quick rinse with ACV after washing. The itching was taken care of immediately! and it didn't return.

I don't know how this stuff works but it's a great drink/product to have all around. I've even used it to wash metal pots to remove any spots. Some swear by it to aid in weight loss/ metabolism boosting, though I can't vouch for this as I don't drink it regularly. I believe it helps raise stomach acidity though, which is important for proper digestion. If you're unfamiliar with this stuff, research it online! It seems to be a cure all. I use it now with my Secret Healing Aztec clay, which I love.

One big warning: keep this stuff away from any recently popped spots. A couple of times this has caused a tiny popped spot to turn into a much bigger and red scab that lasts a few days. So if you're using it on your face, just be cautious.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Fuwafuwadesu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this as a hair rinse, tonic for general health, and facial toner/spot treatment. I've been using it for about a week and I already have fantastic results.

The organic vinegar with the "mother" in a glass bottle is the kind of packaging I got, and I find it best to transfer the different dilutions you're going to be using into smaller squirt bottles for daily use. Sidenote: you have to dilute this stuff. Ever heard of the saying "too much of a good thing"?

As a toner: I dilute 1:1 with water and put it in a small squirt bottle, I also add tea tree essential oil to help with the smell, it gives it a more medicinal scent than the stinky feet smell. Using fresh small batches gives better results than just mixing it all in big containers. I spread it on my face, ears, neck, decollete, everything with a cotton round after cleansing and before moisturizer, some people prefer to rinse it off after 15 minutes or so before applying moisturizer. My results have been a glowing, beautiful complexion, better skin tone, and even my dark circles seem to be lessened somewhat. My skin is still in the purging stage of using ACV, and yet it looks tons better. My acne (which I've had since puberty, I'm now 23) is going away like all the other prescription and over the counter and as seen on TV products promise but never deliver, and best of all there are no chemicals or unnatural ingredients going on my face to clog up my pores anymore. Blackheads are disappearing, any pimples that I already had or that come up as a result of the purging stage have a 1-day lifespan, and disappear on their own. Even cysts come to a head and disappear without a scar within days. All of the raving reviews seem too good to be true, but for me, they were. I'm completely satisfied with what I originally tried this for. A+++

As a tonic: I mix 1-2 tablespoons with a glass of water (you could add lemon, I don't bother) and drink with a straw. It isnt that strong and is actually kind of refreshing, but straight ACV will stain/hurt your teeth, so I drink with a straw, and rinse my mouth with water afterwards. Wait a few minutes to brush your teeth if you haven't already (I drink it in the morning). Also don't drink right after milk, vinegar and milk is a bad combo. It's good for a crapload of things, just google it. Right now I'm using it for a cleanse, but when that's over it's good to just give you more energy, better immune system function, organ function, blood flow, etc etc etc. Google it!

As a hair rinse: I mix 1:3 with water and a few drops of your choice of essential oil. Some good ones are lavender, rosemary, lemon, tea tree, peppermint. There are many different orders for doing this, I pour it over my scalp and hair after shampooing (which I do every other day) instead of conditioner, then rinse it out, but other people do other things, like using it before conditioner, using it before shampoo, or just using it after using baking soda as a shampoo. It smells really bad, haven't figured out what to do about that, but once your hair dries the smell goes away for the most part. The results (on fine, oily, somewhat wavy hair) are brighter natural highlights, more natural wave, and soft, smooth, healthy hair. I've heard for curly girls that it makes your curls better and hair healthier. Any natural highlights will be brought out, the sun reacts with the ACV to lighten hair, so I wouldn't use it on dyed hair. It's clarifying and conditioning, which doesn't seem like something vinegar would be good for, but it is. I've never had hair this healthy and beautiful before, but I think I'm actually starting to like my hair because of this.

Overall, ACV stinks really bad, and when it's wet there's nothing you can do about it. However, when it's dry, the smell is pretty much gone. When you use your other products, they cover up any residual smell. I find my dry shampoo usually covers the vinegar smell that is sometimes left in my hair, but I'm still trying to find a way to get rid of the smell 100%.

I'm looking for more ways to use ACV, because it's really cheap, completely natural, and gives amazing results. I'll edit this after I've been using it for a few months.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by BigBlueEyes32

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love apple cider vinegar for my skin! OMG I wish I had discovered this sooner but it is the best! I've tried this brand and I've tried others, so I think all work just the same..but my skin is sensitive, and more on the oily side and this is incredible for it. I mix 2 parts water with 1 part ACV and keep stored in a plastic bottle in my cabinet and do a quick swipe on my face after I wash it - twice a day. It smells like vinegar for a few minutes, but I personally love the smell of vinegar so doesn't bother me. But if it grosses you out, it does dissipate after a few minutes. Then I put my makeup on as usual and my makeup/skin looks flawless all day. I only need to reapply my powder ONE time during the day, as opposed to my normal 5/6x. It's incredible! And my skin is SO soft, and completely clear. I always took ate a spoonful of this stuff to keep my skin clear (it's good for acne) but never thought of putting it on topically - but it does keep you skin flawless. I will never be without this stuff - and it's dirt cheap as an added plus. Definitely worth trying!!