BeneFit Cosmetics Play Sticks Concealer, foundation and powder all-in-one!

3.7

on 8/8/2010 4:41:00 PM

I really wanted to love this as it was so expensive but I don't. It doesn't really do anything for my skin,- I just felt my skin looked flat and probably better without it on. It feels heavy on my face and wears off quickly. I've had it on all day today and now have spots on my cheeks.
I wouldn't say it was terrible, I may try again with it , but for now its at the bottom of my big make up box.
Wish I'd spent that money on something else!

on 8/7/2010 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I have oily, acne prone skin, and this product provided nice coverage and I always received compliments as if my skin was glowing or brighter. Yet because it doesn't help with the shine and its too heavy for me at times, its not on the top of my list for foundation

on 8/4/2010 7:52:00 PM

i purchased "tea party" which is great for during the day, but a little light for evening,but becauce the next shade up is verry dark, i just add some bronzer to my face and it looks great.I have combination skin, with regular breakouts on cheeks, and alot off other foundations have made this worst,but i have not broken out at all when wearing benifit playstick..the ingredients must like my skin..ha, the only downside is that is doesnt last long on skin, id say 4hours max an you would need a top up..but besides from that i love it

on 8/2/2010 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this wholesale at a discounted price, so i didnt have to pay the $26 that it's sold for in stores.

I got the Ivory shade, which is as light as it comes, and its a perfect match for my skin tone. The green tea, chamomile, and ginkgo biloba in this product make it very non-irritating to my sensitive, acne-prone skin. It goes on creamy and is easily blended, and it has excellent coverage. A little goes a long way, and yet it still covers my freckles! Also, after a long day of wear in the southern heat, its still stays put!

I had read some other reviews in which the reviewers said that they didnt like the smell, but i didnt find the smell to be bothersome, and my husband, who's a very picky guy, didnt say anything about noticing a bad smell on me. And believe me, he would have ;)

overall, i would give this a 4.5 stars out of 5, and thats only because the origional price is a bit high for me. the actual product itself get a 5 out of 5 from me =)

UPDATE: knocking this down to 3 from 5, b/c if i wear it every day all over for long periods of time i get breakouts :/ which is a shame, b/c it has great coverage! i still use this as an undereye concealer if i'm not trying something new :)

on 7/10/2010 12:32:00 PM

Couldn't find a correct color match in this. I wear NC20-25 and was matched with Tea Party, with 'I'm cute as a bunny' powder to set the foundation. It looked good in the store but oxidized in 2 hours to a horrible orangey-brown. The SA had applied two streaks of different colors on my neck, Tea Party was noticeably orange and the lighter color had turned grey and they both stood out from my skin color. I liked the feel and flawlessness of the original application, but would never buy because of the oxidation. Just touching my face transferred the foundation onto my fingers, so it has very low staying power unless you never touch your face. I liked the packaging, convenient for touch-ups compared to a powder compact.

on 6/3/2010 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Overall can't say I absolutely LOVE this product, but I kinda love? I have been going back to it for 10 years off & on & it never dissapoints. I have dry/normal skin. When my skin is more clear I can use it as a concealer only on spots I want to cover & it blends easily w/ a brush without looking blotchy or awkward. I like the consistency because it's not too thick going on & moves easily with a brush. Like other reviewers said if your skin is dry in certain areas it will look flaky...if that happens I use some extra moisterizer after to hydrate then dab a tiny bit more & blend. Overall it's a great product & easy to apply especially if you are on the go.

on 5/27/2010 4:09:00 PM

This is AMAZING. It's light yet gives amazing coverage. I've always struggled trying to find a foundation pale enough for me - this is perfect. Don't try putting it on a brush - just dab it on your face then blend with a brush. It's expensive but lasts ages. I've also had trouble with foundation giving me spots. This doesn't at all. The only problem I have is that it rubs off fairly easily. But would definitely recommend.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

i had this a while ago and its not that great. it takes a while to really get some product on a brush and paint your face. not very practical if youre in a hurry. but it gives a natural finish. its an okay foundation but there are so many other foundations for the same price that are waaaay better.
dont waste your money, get something else.

on 4/16/2010 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

I LOVE this! Never go out without it.

It is quite expensive at £25, but lasts about 6 months (and that's using it pretty much every day). But it is well worth it. It's not a heavy foundation, but more like a light layer that just evens out your skin tone. I'm VERY pale (I got red cheeks from shopping last month, and that was march!) and I found that 'Jax' is the perfect colour. It feels quite moisturising, and smells lavender-y (which is pleasant!). I can use blushers and other products on top of it no problems. It's the perfect base for me. Highly reccommended!!

on 4/13/2010 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i stole this from my sister and was pretty impressed so i brought it. For starters, the packaging is beautiful, i like the idea of a stick and the twist-up and use works perfectly - no trouble there. the packaging is classy and its small and easy to carry around. you have no worries about it leaking.

I brought it in the lightest shade 'spin the bottle' which was a tad light for me and could make me look really dead at times. i have the occassional scar from popping a spot and this covers it pretty well - it covers it more than any other foundation i have ever tried. It didn't cover up my dark circles too well and actually made them more obvious so i used a conclearer instead.

it leaves your skin with a matte finish but its still looks dewy. it doesn't make the skin look caked AT ALL. the foundation is almost undetectable..several times i was asked if i even wear foundation. It also made my blush stand out more and made that more glowy - its a perfect base. It does have a slight smell to it ( a bit like tea tree), but you can't actually smell it once its applied. its creamy and easy blendable, you get the same results if using a brush or fingertips.

the two real problems i had with this is that i have dry skin and it made this obvious - especially during the winter. However, when my skin isn't so dry this foundation works fine. Although, my sister who has oily skin uses this and she has so problems with this foundation whatsoever...shes brought it twice infact. i also think the price is a little steep for how much product you actually get - it finishes quickly. i've been mixing it with a drugstore foundation to prolong its life & to overcome this flakey skin situation it brings about.

a great foundation if you have a little amount of blemishes you want to cover and if you want that natural look. steer clear of this if you have dry skin or are looking to cover dark circles.