November 22, 2014 | 971 users online

Masks - LUSH - Catastrophe Cosmetic

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2012 3:53:00 AM More reviews by stephyrm12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first lush product and i was very impressed! I used it every other day and it made my skin super nice. My skin doesnt have many problems except for dryness and the occasional breakout, but this made my skin... glow. I dont know how else to say it, it made my skin look more healthy and glowing from within than it ever has, which is never has. LOL. I guess it was the blueberries that really made it healthy and glow. i had flawless glowing skin for about 3 weeks because of this. (x the closest lush is about an hour from my house, but next time i go, i will try more of their masks for sure! my only problem with this is that the texture of this was a little difficult to spread. Not very creamy and smooth like it was in the store. idk, could have just been my jar, but mine was kinda dry and rough cause of all the blueberries and all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

For some reason I always forget about the poor little masks hiding in the fridge in the corner when I go into Lush and I never pick one up. But this is the second Lush Fresh Face Mask I've tried and I'm really glad I got this! I purchased Catastrophe Cosmetic because it seemed like a good mask for my combination skin, even in the winter. Some masks for oily/combination skin can dry me out too much, which I really don't want in the colder months. But this one seemed like it would just help balance my skin and clear up some spots.
First of all, this smells really good. It has a nice, sweet yet herbal blueberry scent to it. I find that the smell lingers even after I've washed this off, but I love catching whiffs of blueberry on my face throughout the day! The mask is a blue-grey color with bits of blueberries throughout it. It seemed a little thick at first, but it spread all over my face very easily and stayed put as it dried. Some people mentioned pieces flaking off, but I've never had that problem. This mask does not sting or burn and does not get uncomfortably tight.
Because this mask is a little thick and chunky, I was worried it might be difficult to wash off. But I rinse it off in the shower and it comes right off. I do use a toner afterwards though, and usually get a little greyish residue on my cotton ball, so I highly recommend toning after using this mask to really get everything off.
The results I have gotten from Catastrophe Cosmetic are wonderful. It reduces redness in blemishes, makes blemishes smaller, and makes my face matte -- in a good way! My skin looks and feels balanced without any oily or dry spots. It makes my skin glow and look really refreshed and healthy.
The only problem with this is the expiration date! Some Lush products are perfectly fine for months after their expiration dates, but their masks are not one of those products. So far I've used this 9 times in 3 weeks. It expired last week, and when I went to use it today, it was much harder to smooth over my face. It started drying almost instantly. I made it work and my skin looks as great as it always does after using this, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to use this again. I have about 2 uses left in the pot, and I really love this and hate to have to throw it away. Lush, if you could just make your masks last 2 weeks longer, I'd be the happiest Lushie ever!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Rae1707

I bought this at Lush hoping it would work well. For the first two tries, it was amazing! It cleared the little bumps under my eyes, reduced my blackheads, and reduced oil. It made my skin like a china doll's. Then on the third use, it made my skin really red and painful. I was so scared and upset. For sensitive skin, this is a no-no!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2012 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Kat0r

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I first came to contact with this when I brought my 5 pots into the shop and was given a free face mask. Having combination/oily skin I was recommended to try this to help combat the problems I currently have (mainly spotty skin). When opened I was greeted with a very nice fresh scent (sweet smell, kinda earthy) and although doesn't look like much when you open the pot it really doe's do the job when applied. Application is not troublesome at all, it literally glides onto my face while covering the areas that need treating and dries quickly. I always leave mine for 10 minutes so it really doe's what it says on the pot. When removing rinsing is simple and comes off like a charm.

I felt my face is definably a lot cleaner and softer and has made change to my face overall. Less spots come up now and I know that if I keep using my other facial cleansing products along with this face mask I think it would banish spots altogether (making sure the face is washed every morning and night however).

Depending how much you want to use on your face it has a fair amount of uses. However, the only problem I found is that it MUST always be chilled. Don't think using it, leaving it outside for a bit and then putting it back in the fridge make's it alright, it changes the mask to make it more like you are applying thick clay and isn't as nice. As soon as you are finished with it, put it in the fridge. The short shelf life is also a annoyance, but if you use it regularly then it shouldn't be a problem.

A great little face mask, Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2012 8:25:00 AM More reviews by LivFormston1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have normal/combination skin that changes regularly, which makes it hard for me to tailor a skin routine around. Then I found Catastrophe. Firstly, the smell was amazing. Very fresh and slightly sweet and earthy, but not too heavy. The texture is like thick yoghurt and spreads over your skin like a dream. I love the fact that there are chunks of blueberry in the mixture as well. It has rose and calamine in to calm any redness (which is a problem for me in the winter) and it leaves your skin amazingly smooth and refreshed after you wash it off. The price is cheap for what you get out of it, and I love the little recycled pots. I've never had any problems with spillage. Love, love, LOVE this. Would definitely buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 1:15:00 PM More reviews by bos101

Excellent face mask,makes a huge difference to how my skin looks and feels for days afterwards. It has a beautiful texture, so it's a pleasure to apply and pamper yourself with. I love this mask, my fave of the Lush fresh masks.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by CazHowcroft

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This Facemask if great for me and i have pritty normal skin only get 1-2 small spots but some times my face can be slightly greasy.
since i have had this mask i dont have any spots what so ever, and it also feels great when you apply it to your face :).
But it does have an experation date on it, so when you get it its best to use it quite frequently...

and for only 5.50 you can't go wrong :D

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Supermewbs

I LOOOOOOOVE this, it's amazing! My skin feels so nice and looks so much brighter after I use this, I feel like I don't even need to use makeup. I don't actually like eating blueberries but this just smells heavenly and feels so refreshing on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2011 12:22:00 PM More reviews by thedallasdiary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this mask! It smells yummy and left my skin moisturized and radiant.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 7:33:00 PM More reviews by MademoiselleClara

I use this about twice a week or more, it usually comes down to the state my skin is in. I absolutely love it. The texture is nice and it smells really good. I've been using this product for about two months and I can honestly say that it does wonder for my skin. I have combination skin, and this is the perfect product. My T-zone is not oily anymore and the sides of my nose have kissed the flaking goodbye.
Granted, it is kind of expensive for a face mask, but I get at least 10 to 12 uses out of one pot.
I would recommend it, definitely one of my favorite LUSH products. I've never had any troubles with the expiration date as I'm usually finished by the time it comes around.