December 21, 2014 | 1534 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Neutrogena - Oil Free eye makeup remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by misscynthia06

Bought this because many reviews said it was a dupe for Bifacil....at a fraction of the cost of Lancome I gladly purchased this for $6.

Does it work? yea sure. Does it work well? No

. This product is not as gentle as I expected, It feels like water but with an oily film (oily eye mu remover doesnt bother me), but the product irritates my eyes and just overall isnt enjoyable to use. With so many other products out there this is not something I will tolerate. My eyes are itchy and burn after use and I have to use a ton of this to get rid of everything on my eyes (okay I will say I wear several layers of waterproof mascara). Sure its only $6, but if I go through a bottle a month that really doesnt help me too much.

Bottom line: better than water alone or a harsh cleanser, but more irritating than other products out there and no where near as effective as Bifacil.

I was using coconut oil prior to this (unless I have a bifacil gwp around, in which case I happily use that), coconut oil works better than the Nuetrogena, less irritating and way cheaper (slightly messier but whatever, I will deal with that rather than burning eyes)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2014 7:37:00 PM More reviews by ChoiLatte

When I first used this, I was amazed at how it easily took off my makeup. It didn't even feel oily or greasy at all! I would have given this 5 stars...if only it didn't start acting weird.
The more I used this product, the more it got greasy and messy. It still did the job of removing my makeup, but it felt incredibly uncomfortable to put something that felt like sticky oil onto my eyes.
Since it did the job, I'm giving it three stars.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2014 6:38:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict29

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a great product,It does not break out my skin, which is fantastic!!! I don't like it because it's not really oil free! It makes my eyes and wherever I put it very oily. I have to use an oil removing pad. But overall a great product

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 2:55:00 AM More reviews by hannahps

After going through an entire bottle of the Sephora eye makeup remover, I was looking for an affordable drugstore replacement. This is a pretty great one - although I don't see how it claims to be oil-free. Most effective eye makeup removers feel 'oily', so that doesn't bother me too much. I wish it had a smaller pour spout, but other than that it's a pretty flawless product. I wear all waterproof eye makeup with primer underneath and this takes it all off with one or two swipes of a cotton pad. Any makeup remover that will take off my 2+ coats of waterproof mascara without vigorous rubbing is a winner in my book!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by ColetteCD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have used all the eye make up removers and paid the expensive price for Lancome for years (which works great). However, on a recent business trip, my luggage was lost and I picked this up to 'make do'. It works great and better than the more expensive brands I've tried. I like it so much that I bought another bottle to have in my gym bag! Save your money and get this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 4:25:00 AM More reviews by gmunive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I absolutely LOVE this stuff. I can't believe people are complaining about the oily residue. Beauties out there! the reason why this stuff is oily is only to take your makeup off easier so you won't have to put so much pressure on the eyes since its such a sensitive area! This product is at an amazing price and wipes off my waterproof mascara, liquid eyeliner, eyeliner, 4 eyeshadows, etc. like no other!! If you're against it being so oily then wash your face afterwards! I use this stuff to take off my eye makeup and then wash my face with the Cetaphil Face Cleanser and my skin feels baby smooth at night just how I like it!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2014 3:35:00 AM More reviews by pictureperfect09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used this for years because I kept reading it was a dupe for Bi-Facil. Although I really want it to be, it's just not nearly as good. Not just comparing to Bi-Facil but in general it leaves a lot to be desired. I end up rubbing at my eyes to get all of the product off when I wear a full eye look and it still leaves traces of waterproof mascara. The only thing it truly has in common with Bi-Facil is the greasiness. For something that promotes oil-free on the bottle this sure leaves my eyes feeling like I traded in nice eye makeup for an oil slick.

I eventually admitted to myself that although cheaper and more convenient to pick up, this never lives up to my expectations. Then I was able to find the Lumene waterproof eye makeup remover and all my problems have been solved.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2014 11:21:00 PM More reviews by aek634

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm not sure how this claims to be oil-free... it's very oily, leaving residue around my eyes and coating my contact lenses.

It also does a poor job of removing mascara. Wouldn't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by greenapple2013

OMG! I can't live without this! I use it every night to remove my eye makeup and is my holy grail product. It's better than the Lancome one!

Please watch my nightly skincare routine!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by Shizuku2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Great drugstore makeup remover, the main reason I like this one is that it's very gentle, and i have very sensitive eyes. I actually had eye surgery several years ago and that particular eye is still sensitive, so this is a very important aspect of an eye makeup remover for me. It does a pretty job at removing all of my eye makeup, but this is probably the one aspect that's not perfect (it can take 2 cottonballs per eye to remove some of the harder eye makeup, like waterproof mascara).
It leaves some oiliness behind, but not much, and certainly not enough to break me out or make my eyes "blurry" afterwards that so many other eye makeup removers do.
Have purchased it many times over the years.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No