August 30, 2014 | 1663 users online

Masks - LUSH - Cupcake Mask

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2012 9:28:00 AM More reviews by sara942

At first I was worried that this would exacerbate breakouts because chocolate tends to do that to me. However, the first ingredient is Rhassoul mud, which is great for gently absorbing oil and detoxing the skin, and I can really feel this tightening my pores when I use it.

The scent is addictive and worth mention. It's a mouth-watering but refreshing minty vanilla-chocolate scent. It is not too sweet or cloying, but it reminds me of Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies. The scent lingers on my face for a couple of hours after taking the mask off, which I love.

I use this mask during breakouts and while it certainly doesn't make them worse, I don't know if this can really clear up your acne or not. But because it's so fun and refreshing to use first thing in the morning, I will continue to repurchase. This is one of my fave LUSH masks!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2012 10:27:00 AM More reviews by alldressedup23

Lush Fresh Face Masks... I've heard so much hype about them! The fact that Lush opened in SG about 8 months ago definitely pushed me into testing these facial masks out. I was really into using all natural things and seeing that these were fresh face masks that were made with fresh ingredients I thought it would be a good way to kick start my skin care pampering a couple of months back. Little did I know I wouldn't like them as much as I thought I would.
...

read more on //

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2012 10:23:00 AM More reviews by alousek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

If I am not wrong this mask is supposed to cleanse the oily skin a prevent it from breakouts. I cannot really tell as these things are not my main concern. My t-zone is only oily at times and I rarely have spots. I bought it because of the looks and smell. It looks like wet soil and smells like chocolate. When I tried it, I liked having it on the skin and smelling the chocolate. She fun was over when I was about to wash it of… It gets off so badly! Spent like 15min rinsing it off and had to clean the sink and whole bathroom afterwards, it was everywhere!
Leaves a fresh and clean looking skin, the pores were smaller. The effect lasted not only for hours but for several days.
Again, as for other Lush fresh masks, the price and the fact that you have to use it very quickly made me not repurchasing again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2012 3:17:00 AM More reviews by jellybabe23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I caved in and bought this product due to many raves and reviews on Youtube. The first thing I noticed about this product is obviously the smell of it. Some say it's like cake batter, but to me, it smells like mint chocolate chip cookies because of the cocoa butter and spearmint oils in it. Second, the main clay ingredient is Rhassoul Clay, which is used in high-end spas and is supposedly the smoothest and most luxurious type of clay you can use. I can attest to this because I've tried Kaolin clays, Bentonite clays, and french green clays, and this is by far the nicest feeling clay I've come across. Now, because it's made fresh without any preservatives, I had to use it within 3 weeks of purchase. I actually used it up within a week before I went on vacation because I wanted my skin to look its best while I was away. So I used it everyday for a week, applying it with a foundation brush all over my face to the cleanest application. I kept this in my fridge and I must say, after a long day of work and school, this is a wonderful treat. I would keep it on for at least 20-30 mins and rinse and apply a basic moisturizer. After using this for a week, I can say that it has really unclogged my pores and made my face look and feel smoother. I actually look forward to putting this on at night! At about $7 USD, I definitely think it is worth a try. I will purchase it again a week prior to a big event for my skin to look and feel its best.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by halliesayshey

I bought Cupcake face mask simply because they were sold out of Catastrophe Cosmetic, a mask I had tried once before and loved. Thinking back, I have no idea why I bought Cupcake because my skin had been clear for a few months, so I didn't really need a face mask targeted for acne prone skin. I bought it anyways and as soon as I started using it I noticed that I was breaking out! Mostly little bumps, but also one big pimple on my cheek! The only reason I didn't give it 1 lippy was because I like the smell, but other than that, I will not be repurchasing this product. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 6:31:00 AM More reviews by fashionbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favourite Lush mask. I cannot believe how amazing my skin felt after this. Usually I tend to react to strong masks, and as this sat on my face I got nervous, as I could really sense it doing something rather than sitting there. But when it came off, oh my gosh. Heaven. My acne was calmed (it has been quite bad). The next day, my skin felt amazing. My make up went on smoothly, it felt the best it has in months. I felt like the redness had dulled and just generally my skin felt amazing. The scent of this isn't for me - I don't think it smells that great, it probably bothered me more than Cosmetic Warrior (which has egg and garlic in for goodness sake). But some people love it. I have previously had reactions to some lush masks, so was recommended a few for more sensitive skin. I was given this as a sample from the lovely girl at Lush, and I will finish it and go and buy a whole tub. The only thing that has worked for me lately, despite all different kinds of doctor prescribed treatments and antibiotics. In combination, I feel like I will make progress on my angry skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2012 9:30:00 AM More reviews by Vicy

I heard this was really good for deep cleasing. what i expected was clearing up my pores and no more blackheads!
I used it for the first time, no effect. two days later, breakouts!
and I used it again! more acnes and pimples. :(

Probably of my skin type, it's more of a combination skin!
I will try the other products next time

-19-5 Updates
Well, after using the whole tub. Yes A lot of breakouts but after i stopped using and the breakouts clear up. wow. my skin looks so much better :D. Probably It helps to pull out everything follows by crazy breakout and you get smooth skin :) So just don't use it before an important date. Use it more like a weekly deep cleansing if you do makeup often :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2012 5:53:00 AM More reviews by papierflora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

Cupcake is not really nice smelling…And though it cleanses really well, I feel that it does nothing much for my spots. 10 minutes worth of waiting time is rather convenient for me as compared to those sheet masks which need to be left on for 20 to 30 minutes. Yet, for $24 per tub that could only last for a month at most, I feel that this is really pricey. I use Cupcake every other day, and it only brightens my complexion a little while leaving it really clean. That's about it. There is an 80% that I would not repurchase Cupcake mask. I somehow feel that I seem to breakout even more after using this. I'm only left with at most 3 uses so I'm going to finish it up for the sake of using it up.

It is a hassle to use this mask because I have to use a disposable utensil to scoop this out of the pot and make sure my fingers do not contaminate it. Again, this mask does not make a difference to my complexion, which is why I'm grouchy right now.

I might try Cosmetic Repair from Lush. Or not buy any masks from Lush again. Somehow the Lush SAs in Singapore are really pushy and irritating. I feel that I might just settle for the latter because I'm really sad of Lush masks aggravating my breakouts which were already moderately severe to begin with.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 8:45:00 AM More reviews by caileybeth

Worked a treat and smelled like one too! Found application and washing off very easy, smoothed out all my bumps and minimized the appearance of my blackheads. Good for use at the start of the day as it will make the surface of your face look flawless before makeup application.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2012 6:28:00 PM More reviews by H3LL00

Before you buy this, it will not get rid of your acne/zits..it just smoothes your skin..it works really weell for that.