December 21, 2014 | 1805 users online

Treatments (Face) - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by junkfood1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a good retinol product. It had worked well 4 my acne until... it didn't work anymore. Since then I moved onto tretinoin cream which was a miracle cure 4 me. I recommend this product if you got mild acne or your skin is sensitive and if you want to try out retinol product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by adara260

I bought this product several years ago but didn't use it continuously. I have been using this product for the past few months and I LOVE IT!

I bought this mainly to treat my acne. I had heard that a consequence of using Retinol is reduced acne because it speeds up cell turnover so much. This has really helped my acne since a major cause of my acne is clogged pores. So I started a regimen of salicylic acid alone, it worked well but not well enough. Once I added this cream to the regimen, oh my goodness the results were great!

My skin is greatly exfoliated. I have no blackheads left on my nose. Over the months I have been able to extract those deep, impossible blackheads, sorry for the TMI. The blackheads on my chin have also been dramatically reduced.

My skin is smooth,blackheads are almost completely gone, and I have not had a major cystic breakout in forever. I was so encouraged by this line I also looked into the AHA face lotion.

The creme itself is not too thick or greasy, but I've only used it during the fall/winter months so far. I can easily put makeup over it. It also doesn't have a scent which is a plus!

The container is a metal ointment style tube that you push the product along, similar to how you would a toothpaste tube. This keeps the product highly effective as long as you screw the cap on tightly. Only thing is that once you're towards the bottom the sides crack and open a bit possibly decreasing the efficiency of the product.

Overall definitely give this product a try! I did/do have a little flaking, redness and sensitivity but the results are worth it!
LOVE LOVE LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2010 9:14:00 PM More reviews by sdonn80

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this as a night cream for the past 7-8 months and I love it. It doesn't break me out or irritate my skin in any way. It's just moisturizing enough and does not leave my skin greasy when I wake up in the morning. Since using this, in tandem with the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion with SPF 15, my skin has greatly improved. Using this retinol and green tea based lotion with the AHA lotion during the day has definitely aided in my constant breakouts. Over time, my post-acne marks have been fading as well.
I would recommend this to anyone looking for a great night cream and who is also acne prone.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2010 11:26:00 AM More reviews by lesdesirables

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used a full tube of this stuff and overall I am very happy with this purchase. I like that it has retinol and sunscreen. It doesn't make my skin too oily but it provides a good amount of moisture. I have combination/oily skin with some lines forming on my forehead but also bouts of acne, especially during that time. Having used this for some time, I won't call it a miracle product. It won't get rid of deep wrinkles overnight. However, with consistent use, my skin seems to react well to it. I would liken its effectiveness to a Clinique super-defense spf 25, which is three times the cost,

Some aren't crazy about the packaging, but I like it. I feel like I can get every last drop by rolling the metallic tub at the very end.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2010 8:47:00 AM More reviews by Ntuitive1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am 52 years old and have tried many more expensive products that claim to do what this does but don't work half as well.This product not only works but is less than half the price of those infomercial brands. After over a year of use,I have noticed significant improvement around the eye area plus a general smoothing effect, which is amazing.I use this product at night with a heavy night moisturizer.I would never use this product alone as I feel I need more moisturizing.I have sensitive skin and so far I have not had any bad side effects.There is no fragrance in this, which is often what irritates sensitive skin,but it does contain retinol, which is one of the only ingredients proven to actually prevent and minimize wrinkles.Why pay more when you can have what the more expensive brands promise you for much less?

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Marianna3939

This does a great job of brightening my skin. I cannot comment on if it reduces wrinkles since I do not have any yet. I had to buy this with the spf(they only had this available). The sunscreen is laughable. It is not strong enough to protect your skin. Overall a good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2010 8:30:00 AM More reviews by jackjack828

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product makes me wanna smack myself silly for not buying it sooner. When it comes to skin care I'm a snob. I usually only buy HE brand. Because of my super dry, uneven skintone, and large pores I thought HE brands would be better. Boy, was I wrong! The first time I ever used this, my skin was smooth and plumped. I have fine wrinkles under my eyes, crows feet, and laugh lines. After first used my fine lines were barely noticeable. It stinged a lil, but goes away fast. This cream absorbs suuper fast, non oily, and light. I might need something heavier for winter, but for right now, I am in love with this. This is my first retinol too.

Neutrogena, if you ever ds this, I just might kick someone's throat. I love this. Definitely my HG! I'll update after another month.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2010 1:51:00 PM More reviews by moogagirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for 2 weeks now and I am undecided. I am breaking out - one stubborn huge spot on my chin and tiny whiteheads on my chin & around my nose/mouth area. I even got blackheads on the side of my cheeks and I have NEVER gotten blackheads before. My skin is very dry and I've never gotten much acne, just spots here and there.

As for lines, I have not seen any changes yet, in fact, I find the lines on my forehead almost worse, but maybe that's because I am looking at them all the time to see if anything is happening.

I will push through the 'initial breakout' that I have heard about and see what happens!

EDIT* I cannot continue to use this product...I can't push through the break out - I was left with about 8 whiteheads on my nose/lip chin area and a huge spot that keeps growing a whitehead. The skin around my nose was totally irritated and my skin was starting to flake. I don't understand how drying my skin out terribly is anti-aging? Don't like it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2010 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Baiju

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for almost a week. It is a very comfortable night cream and not greasy at all. It is absorbed by the skin well and the finish is more on the matte side. To me it is just a very regular light weighted lotion and I have not see any "anti-aging or anti-wrinkle" effect.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2010 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Ainnir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This moisturizer has a nice texture and I like the packaging it comes in. It does not irritate my skin or make me break out, and my skin is very sensitive. The only drawback is that it really makes my skin oily, by noon I am one big oil slick. I'll probably keep using this at night until I run out, but for daytime I'll go back to my old regimen of Shiseido Pureness moisturizer and Shiseido Sunscreen..