Mary Kay Velocity Lightweight Moisturizer

3.7

Water, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Glycereth-26, Dimethicone,Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Polyacrylamide, Nylon-12, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Propylene Glycol, Willow Bark Extract, Salicylic Acid, Laureth-7, Diazolidinyl Urea, Linoleamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride, Phosphate. Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Betaine, Methylparaben, Butylene Glycol, VelocityTM Fragrance, Sodium PCA, Propylparaben, Sorbitol, Serine, Threonine, Comfrey Extract, Dog Rose Hips Extract, Camellia Oleifera Extract, Coneflower Extract, Sandalwood Extract, Meadowsweet Extract, Chaparral Extract, Golden Seat Root Extract, Cinnamon Extract, Proline, Arginine, Glycine, Alanine, Lysine, Glutamic Acid

I recieved this free from a friend a while ago. Good thing, because this stuff is way too expensive for what you get. The scent is very nice, but scents sometimes irritate my skin. This is the most greasy moisturizer I have ever used. Took some time to fully absorb. The bottle was generously sized. But overall I would not want this again.

on 12/5/2004 1:28:00 AM

Nice moisturizer for oily skin. Fresh scent and absorbs in to skin very fast.

on 11/24/2004 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a very lightweight moisurizer. It's good for oily skin and leaves your skin with a matte look. Avoid it if you have dry or mature skin. However, it's not my favorite moisturizer for oily skin. My favorite is Neutrogena oil control.

on 9/4/2004 11:56:00 AM

The fragrance of this product is fresh and clean. The moisturizer absorbs quickly into the skin. However, it made my skin feel tight and dry. Also, it made my combination skin quite irritated and itchy.

I don't know why this product seems to get so many negative reviews. I've been using it for about two years and I love it. It is VERY lightweight, and if your skin is normally dry, I wouldn't recommend this. It' great for summer and spring time, and as a base under concealer and foundation. It doesn't feel cakey, and it smells very good. It's a little procey though, so if you don't absolutely love it, don't buy it again.

This is a great moisturizer. It's light-weight, smells great, and I think it hydrates your skin very well. The down side is that it is a little pricey, and you can probably get something that works the same for much cheaper. I would still recommend it for anyone who can afford it.

on 5/30/2004 11:51:00 AM

This is a strange product for anyone who hasn't already tried it. Read a few reviews here, and then decide.
MK Velocity Lightweight Moisturizer is, I believe, marketed for the 20's and under set. It is just what it says - Lightweight.
I am older than the recommended age group for Velocity, but I have used it and, with the proper conditions, it works. Here are the proper conditions, at least for me:
This is preferably a moisturizer to use when your face isn't already really dried out. An example would be in the Springtime for me or in the fall, before the cold of winter sets in.
This is a moisturizer that, if applied correctly, will allow your foundation to glide on beautifully.
Now the negatives:
Read the reviews here in MakeupAlley. There are many negatives, it seems. I didn't see one mentioned, though, that I have found personally. The MK Velocity Lightweight Moisturizer will "ball up" if applied too liberally or over skin that has too much residual - e.g., if your skin was not thoroughly cleaned before applying it, you will see the results of whatever is left on your skin in the form of little "crumblets." Ew!
Or if your skin has artificial tanning gel or cream on it you just might have crumbs of that on your face, too, from the Velocity Lightweight Moisturizer. Also, if your skin is a bit too dry for this product, or if you apply it too liberally, then you'll also see residual appear on your face.
So, as I said, conditions must be right for the Velocity to do its job. I don't think Velocity Lightweight Moisturizer will be around much longer in its current formulation. Just a guess.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I looooved this product until it started to lose its potency. (after about 10 months) I still use it every now and then, but I've switched to Clean & Clear. I have dry skin and it always worked really well on me as well as my friend who has really oily skin. I still reccomend it to my friends, even tho I don't use it anymore.

on 5/11/2004 5:14:00 PM

when i first started using this i liked it a lot. it absorbed completely and the fragrance was stong but not unpleasant. after a couple of months my skin seems dry and i am breaking out more often. i might use this on a day when it is hot and humid but it's just not moisturizing enough.

on 4/23/2004 4:20:00 AM

This moisturizer isn't really remarkable. It's supposed to lessen acne breakouts but it didn't work for me, I have to use a different product to cure acne. I have a combination skin, the good thing about this product is that it doesn't make my skin too oily. I think the MK balancing moisturizer is much better than this. It also doesn't have any SPF, so I have to apply a layer of sunblock onto my face.

Popular Moisturizers