October 23, 2014 | 1926 users online

Cleansers - Mary Kay - Velocity Facial Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2008 4:36:00 PM More reviews by karma7728

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This did very little for my skin. Many teenages plagued with acne(like I was) think they have dead oily skin, when in reality their skin really isn't as oily as it might appear. That is what happened to me, and this really dried my skin out. Since my skin was dried out so much, I broke out even more. I have heard this works for some, so I would reccomend trying it if you are certain you have oily skin. too bad because it isn't a bad price at all, and it has a nice scent.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2008 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Savvy890

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

it didn't do anything for my friend with acne. it didn't do anything for me, and i only needed to clear up a few unnoticeable bumps. this has a pleasant smell, but i wouldn't recommend it because it doesn't work that greatly, i saw little reduction in my bumps, and that was it. and i paid $12 for this and 15$ for the velocity moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2008 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Kelli1429

I've been using this stuff for probably about 4 years now and it's absolutely the best facial wash i've ever used!! My skin is very clear and even toned. This cleanser doesn't make my face feel dry or tight ever, i highly recommend using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2008 11:45:00 AM More reviews by krackatoa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i really love this product. first of all, it smells great. second this cleanser is very gentle and though it is gentle it is powerful enough to reduce the size of my pimples. after using this product, i notice my skin is much softer and my face is much clearer.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2007 3:26:00 AM More reviews by Fuu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, even if it was a long time ago (Around my eighteen’s) I remember this product clearly. I had mixed skin with no acne problems. This cleanser left my face dry and full of pimples. Any common soap would do a better job. And the match cream doesn’t do anything to make the things better. In my opinion is too harsh for teenage skin and that’s allegedly the market of this product. For the price, the quality and the fact that is not a store product (so is harder to get if you actually want to repurchase) wouldn’t recommend. Of course, every skin is different and I assume this works for some. It is important to notice that, having a fragrance, this product is far from being hypoallergenic so testing ahead could be a good idea.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2007 7:27:00 AM More reviews by poeticsinger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this cleanser. I have very oily skin and it gets rid of the oilies and leaves my skin fresh and clean. I use this in conjunction with my sebum control moisturizer and my face is flawless. I don't think folks with normal or dry skin will like it. It's really a treat for us oily girls. Thanks Mary Kay!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2007 1:18:00 PM More reviews by bekah_rae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this cleanser (and the moisturizer) for awhile. I was using the Timewise line for a bit, but it made me breakout so I switched to Velocity and I like it much better. It is gentle and cleanses very well. It makes my face feel very fresh after I wash with it. I've been wanting to try a different cleanser just because...but if I don't find anything else I like then I will definitely go back to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2007 12:59:00 AM More reviews by utmostrose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this cleanser in a product swap and was curious as to how my skin would react to a different cleanser. It had just gotten over a bad reaction, but I wanted to see how gentle this cleanser was and how repaired my own skin was.

The cleanser itself is clear with little particles of exfoliating grit in it. It looks very promising, but also like something you wouldn't want to get in your eyes, so I was very careful not to.

The fragrance reminded me of a crisp citrus, not overly sweet, and the name Velocity certainly fit the bill. I felt deifinitely invigorated as I breathed in the aroma as I cleansed my skin with this.

The grit in this was just perfect. Not too fine, not too large and dull. Lately, a lot of manufacturers have been trying to experiement too much with exfoliators and have been fooling with a good thing. While my skin is dry and probably doesn't need too much exfoliation, it used to be oily, and I do miss that feeling of scrubbing my face that I used to enjoy so much. This brought it back without damaging my skin, or drying it out. I was really pleased with it overall.

continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2007 12:11:00 AM More reviews by meme222122

I think, by far, this is the best makeup remover that ive ever used, it really did a good job, especially on removing eyemake up, and it lasts forever; however, i dont recommend using this as a primary cleanser because it didnt do anything as far as clearing up my face (ps. i have a few breakouts every month, but nothing serious). i only used it at night when i wanted to remove my makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2007 5:05:00 AM More reviews by roswellrocke

I tried this for three days and found it to be too drying for my combo skin. The second ingredient is TEA-lauryl sulfate, which can be irritating for a lot of people. The frangrance was light and the cleanser did a good job of removing my make-up, but there are quite a few drugstore options at a lower price.