Kiehl's Superbly Efficient Anti-Perspirant and Deodorant Cream

4.1

Active Ingredient: aluminum chlorohydrate 16%. Inactive ingredients: water, isopropyl myristate, cetyl esters, propylene glycol, peg-75 stearate, glyceryl stearate, cetyl alcohol, ceteth-20, steareth-20, dimethicone, methylparaben, propylparaben, bisabolol, orange fruit extract, lemon peel extract, linseed seed extract, farnesol, quillaja saponaria bark extract, witch hazel extract.

on 9/26/2009 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The name says it's "superbly efficient" but this anti-perspirant deodorant is so much more! It's unique cream formula works like a dream and then some. My skin can be very hyper-sensitive - especially my underarms - and this product has proved to be a perfect match for me.

FORMULA: A cream formula! This is the only one I know of and I am so happy I was open to it. This anti-perspirant deodorant applies to my skin just like a moisturizing cream would though it dries/absorbs much more quickly. It doesn't feel like I've just put a cream under my arms, it just feels clean and dry. The formula is unscented which I really love - I can rest assured that it is working without any interference of a masking scent. I honestly believe only the best formulas come in an unscented option because they've nothing to hide. The active ingredient is listed as "Aluminum chlorohydrate 16% (Anti-perspirant)". The formula also includes orange, lemon, and linseed extracts.

EFFICIENCY: You are going to get a 2 for 1 review in this area because both me and my SO use this product. I'm a girl, he's a boy, so here we go... BOTH: This keeps both of us dry under even the harshest of circumstances (helping someone move in July!). We're impressed. No B.O. AT ALL to report since we've been using this product. We've been using this exclusively for 4+ years now. ME (girl): I like how gentle this is on my underarms, even after shaving when my skin is at it's most sensitive. It doesn't leave any marks on any of my clothes either. SO (boy): "I like that it works!" (I ask for further detail and he continues:) "It feels nice. And it doesn't stain my shirts. It just feels...fresh, clean."

PACKAGING: This product comes in a tube. When you open the cap you'll see that there is an applicator head with a little hole in the center where the product comes out - it's a bit like a lip gloss but for your underarm, lol. Squeeze the tube until enough product comes out onto the applicator head and then apply the product to your underarm. Easy!

BOTTOM LINE: This is our HG. We've been buying Kiehl's Superbly Efficient Anti-Perspirant and Deodorant Cream for years and we'll continue to buy it again and again. It's a unique formula that has everything we want - a gentle formula that is extremely effective, unscented, feels nice on the skin, and leaves no stains/marks on clothing.

♥ Thank you for reading my/our review! :) Hope it was helpful! ♥

on 9/18/2009 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This deodorant is wonderful. I'd give it six lippies if I could. At first I was worried about the fact that it's unscented, but a week and a half of using it in hot weather has proven to me that other deodorants are only scented to mask the fact that they just don't work that well. This product keeps me dry and smelling fresh all day. Sometimes on really hot days when I'm outside a lot I might reapply halfway through, but I don't HAVE to, it's more that I'm paranoid. There's no residue, and no disgusting "deodorant balls" under my arms when I use this. Another reason I need to rave about this product: for the past few years I've been dealing with a really bad rash in my underarms (gross, right?) and nothing, not prescription creams from the dr, using new razors, or trying many many other deodorants, got rid of it. After two days of using this one, my rash was totally gone! As a test I went back to my old deo and the rash came raging back. It's seriously amazing. I balked a little bit at the price - $11.50 USD for the smaller tube, 1.7 oz - at first, but considering the fact that it got rid of my rash (hey, I'd pay twice the price just for that reason alone) and the fact that when I added it up I was spending more on my regular daytime deodorant and special nighttime deodorant, both of which were uneffective after about an hour, I don't feel so bad about it.

I've been using this product for about a month after rotating through all of the "major" drug store brands. This is hands-down the best deodorant I've ever used. It keeps me feeling and smelling fresh all day, even when it's been hot outside. The only downside is the price and the fact that I have to order it online. (My small town doesn't have any Kiehls anywhere.)

on 5/10/2009 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This product is the BEST!
SAFE as well...AND IT WORKS!
I've been using it for about six years and will never go back to any of the other toxic, smelly brands.

on 4/24/2009 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

A real disappointment. I don't sweat that much and I don't have any sort of odor, but when its super hot outside I do have some wetness. I used this in vain for months, but it doesn't do ANYTHING in terms of preventing sweat, plus it's expensive. Going to try something else now!

on 3/24/2009 7:28:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Really disappointed by this product. Smells more or less OK, but doesn't prevent odour or wetness, which is kind of the point of a deodourant in my book. I've given it 2/5 because it's better than nothing at all, but all in all, an overpriced shame.

This is THE BEST deodorant I've EVER tried! I've been using it for about a year now and love it! Nothing used to work for the "longhaul" before, like secret, dove, ban, mitchum, etc. I even started wearing my fiance's deodorant (for MEN!)! TIP: when you think the tube is all out, squeeze tube down, (like you do "almost empty" toothpaste), and with scissors, cut off top of tube. At the bottom is LOTS more product in there, like at least a week's worth!

on 2/16/2009 9:13:00 PM

I am in LOVE with this deodorant. I have tried about every deodorant on the market. USed to use all teh drugstore brands until I stopped due to all teh abd chemicals and switched to natural deodorant, adnw hen I did I stopped sweating compeltely lol. I have never had a sweating or odor problem but am always paranoid since I am active about smelling as we all are. Sadly as much as I like how healthy the naturals are for me and they smell amazing btw! they just dont hold up all day long in odor protection through my gym workouts. So I was back searching for deodorant again. Instead of goign back to the drugstore deodorants whcih are horrible and would always leave marks on my clothes (even the little black dress approved ) I decided tot ry department counter deodorants lIke Kiehls, Fresh Rollon, and Bliss Rollon. Sadly the 2 rollons didnt hold up either even though they ahve rave reviews and bottom line they take too long to dry.

This Kiehls Cream however really surprised me since I never would ahve thought to use a deodorant cream in my life lol. Oddly it absorbs into your skin soo much better since you are rubbing it in and doesnt leave any rsidue on your hands and drys immedietely. SIcne I do like some smell to my deodorant I jsut spray a natural deodorant spray Weleda Citrus which smells amazing over the Kiehls. Let me say through a long day or running around town, doing chores, going to the gym, and going dancing all night with my friends as we were sweating our buts off lol I came home and was in shock as how fresh my underarms still smelled. I had not sweat at all, no stians on my clothes, adn even my top smelled as if it just came outof the laundry.

Truly impressed with the staying power of this product and recommend it to everyone!!!!

UPDATE; Im so irritated that after falling in love with the idea of using a cream as a deodorant ofcourse with my luck after a month of use and this cream working amazingly it stopped working for me as far as odor control!

on 9/12/2008 11:10:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I put this on 36 hours ago and spent the intervening time at work. (No, I'm not making that up and yes, it sucked.) I just sniffed my pits and they smell...completely fine. This stuff goes in the Hall of Fame for sure! I will update if anything changes, but at this point it's worth its weight in gold to me!

on 7/31/2008 11:06:00 PM

i don't like this product. the first time i used it i was impressed, then i noticed i was getting more and more sweaty in the underarm area as time progressed. not only was i sweaty, i could also smell something that mixed my sweat and the smell of the product. trust me, i did not like the smell.