July 29, 2014 | 1064 users online

Highlighters - Guerlain - Les Meteorites balls powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2008 More reviews by banana_008

Guerlain Meteorites is the one product I dreamt of owning as a teenager browsing through fashion magazines. I finally fulfilled my fantasy when I purchased the mini set from a duty free shop. The mini set is definately a better value than the full sized version but it's still expensive in my opinion. Out of the set my favourite is the pink one. It adds a subtle hint of freshness to my sometimes sallow yellow-toned skin. Mythic is nice but can sometimes make me look pale depending on what makeup I wear underneath. Beige Chic is my least favourite out of the set. It just doesn't do anthing for me but I still wear it with bronze makeup looks. I use these as a finishing powder, when I want something a bit softer and more luminous then regular translucent powder. These are fun and cute on my vanity table but I don't think I'd buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2008 4:04:00 PM More reviews by ReenBean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Iím not convinced. It adds a pretty and subtle shimmer to your look but Iím not really a shimmer person so will not re-purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2008 8:20:00 PM More reviews by kimnn16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

So this product broke me out like CRAZY! thank goodness i didn't even buy this. I went to sephora and sampled this, and ofcourse theres people that touch products like crazy in there, but i had one of the ma's put this on me with her 'sanitized' brush so i'm thinking tht it was the product, not the brush tht broke me out. I just tested this on my face and i thought it was actually pretty nice looking,...then BAM nt days later my face broke me out like CRAZY i cannot emphasize that word enough. The ma said that these would be good for eyeshadows too, and i can agree with that. if they were a million times cheaper at least to mac's price i would consider buying them. but for 50+for this? I wish when they asked the question "would you buy this again" there was a never button.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2008 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Thielen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this for almost to years, and I'm still on my first box. This makes my very fair complexion look so even and not glittery at all. There's not glitter in mine, but I've noticed that the tester @ Guerlain has glitter in it. Wonder if they've changed the formula? Because my version definately isn't a highlighter.
It sets the makeup very well, it doesn't have any coverage - which I love! It doesn't cake, it doesn't make me look super matte (which I hate), it's just lovely. The problem for me is that it seems to make my under-eye concealer disappear - so I set the concealer with Les Meteorites and then brush over some beige eyeshadow. I'm concidering switching to Becca because I've heard so many nice things about it. Les Meteorites can be a bit drying and too matte at times, that's what's keeps me from repurchasing...that and that I think they've changed the formula. I'm not a shimmer/glitter person. I don't think it's expensive for something that has lasted me pretty much forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2008 1:30:00 PM More reviews by cavvie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I recently ran out and have yet to pick up a replacement and I really miss it. It makes all the difference. I wore it for my wedding day and my pictures tell the story, just beautiful, and I am my own worst critic. It imparts a dewy glow while controlling shine. I plan on getting more soon as I miss the look it goves me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2008 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Carciofi

I got this in Mythic 01 -- it's the one with lots of different colored balls; I think the overall shade/effect is described as "translucent."

I'm so glad I finally broke down and bought these! (Well...with a gift certificate! :-) Heehe!) Seriously, though. I got them this morning in the mail and rushed into the bathroom to try them out. I hadn't showered or washed my face, and I certainly didn't have any makeup on yet, but I couldn't resist -- I just had to see what would this powder would look like... And I LOVE it!!!!! I totally get it now! Either I'm just one of the lucky people for whom this powder really makes a difference, or I've gone loopy. I swear I can see a "huge" difference in the tone and quality of my complexion -- which is saying a lot because I definitely don't have great skin...***(See "Note" below!) The smell is intense, it's true; one reviewer said it smelled a little "old-lady-ish" or "grandmotherly" and I'd have to say I agree. But in a funny way this adds to the whole glam feeling of this product. It feels classy and elegant using it, and the scent doesn't really stay on the skin in an intense way, so I don't think it would interfere with perfume. The box is very pretty of course, which is a nice little *plus,* and I imagine this will last a long time (but most makeup does for me anyway...). Just be gentle when you're dipping your brush in the container, and you shouldn't have those little balls dropping around all over your bathroom!

***Note: I say "huge" difference only because it actually doesn't really change the COLOR of my skin, and it doesn't make me LOOK that different, but after I put it on I definitely look WAY BETTER... What it does is a little hard to describe... Yes, it adds a glow... I think mostly for me it somehow evens out my complexion and makes my skin look soft and clear... {Yay!!!}

I'll update this as I use it more, and in varied ways...but I'm pretty sure I'm going to continue loving it and using it a lot. If anything comes up, I'll let you all know!

For now my recommendation is this: If you've heard the hype but haven't purchased this because of the cost, see if you can test it out at a makeup counter somewhere (I don't have any suggestions, sorry!). That will convince you. If you can't do that, just save a few bucks here and there for a few weeks or months and treat yourself to this product when you've got enough dough. You'll spend more money on lots of random crappy products in the same amount of time, so you might as well just not waste your money on those, and invest in something "high quality" instead... At least it will make you feel glam and feminine and elegant and retro-chic (and all that good stuff!) every time you put it on -- even if you're the only one who knows you're wearing it! It's a treat!

PS: Expensive? Yes...but not as expensive (IMO) as some of those other industry standards...namely, Dior and Chanel cosmetics/skincare products. "Designer" makeup simply costs more money; don't we all know that...?

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2008 3:39:00 PM More reviews by sharis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After wanting this for years and years I finally broke down and paid my $50 so I could have the wonderful glowing skin everyone said I would get. Huh? I am completely baffled on this one. I bought the original Mythic 01 with the pink, green, white, gold balls. I have tried this with several different brushes and with my LM puff and still I get nothing. No glow, no highlighting, so magic candlelit look. Nothing. Big, fat, nothing. I've even gone so far as to do a half face and ask friends if they see any difference in the two sides. Nope. No difference. What I can't understand is the people who say they see big chunks of glitter? I mean, did I get a bad batch or something? I see no big chunks, little chunks or anything remotely resembling a chunk of anything. Not that I like glitter but at least with glitter I could see SOMETHING! I have to say that I think this is one of those "the Emporer's new clothes" products. I just don't know how else to explain it. Still, I'm glad I tried it after years of torturing myself thinking about it. Now I know it's a completely worthless product and I don't have to think about it anymore.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2008 9:17:00 PM More reviews by babyslk7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a sample of this from my Guerlain lipsticks purchased. The sample is considered a lot, comes in a small container, looks exactly like the full size one, only smaller version. Mine is the rainbow colors one, pink, lavender, green pastel, etc. This powder gives you a brighter complexion. I do advice to apply it lightly and wait for about 5 minutes and you will see the difference. It best suits for fair to light/medium skintone. Looks pretty good in pictures.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2008 9:14:00 PM More reviews by KathleenS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I recently got this in Beige Chic and tried it out for the first time today. I am really on the fence about how I feel about it. I put it on with my powder brush over my makeup as a last step this morning and while I mostly liked the matte effect I got initially. Maybe it is for days when I am more dressed up and want to feel really polished. I don't know. I am going to keep it and will continue to try it different ways until I get the look I want.

EDIT: Upgraded to 4 lippies. I use this almost everyday now and love the finish on my skin. It was one of those things I needed to get used to. It is certainly not a must have product though.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2008 8:54:00 PM More reviews by jenniedt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the smell, feel, and assurance that I get from putting this on as a last step to my makeup process. That said, I rdon't see the effect on my face. My friend tells me that these balls make her skin looks more luminescent in candlelight and I'm sure that's true. But how often am I sitting in candlelight to study my makeup? If I'm sitting in candlelight, whoever I'm with is probably drunk at that point. Still I enjoy the product, but won't buy again.

40 out of 46 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No