October 1, 2014 | 1067 users online

Masks - LUSH - BB Seaweed Face Mask

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2009 7:18:00 PM More reviews by prncss

I did not experience the same cons as others did. I lather this on my face when I take a bath, with my head tilted backwards, so I didn't experience any fallout from the seaweed. And since I was in a bath, I did not find it difficult to wash it off nor did it clog the drain. So I think it makes a big difference where you are when you put it on.

I bought this mask because I liked the idea that the masks were made fresh and had to be refrigerated, and I liked the natural herbal scent. Other than the cooling effect this had on my face, I wasn't expecting this to do much to my face though. However, I was pleasantly surprised. After rinsing this off, my skin felt tighter, clarified, and moisturized which I do not get from my daily cleansers. It feels like my skin has been pulled back and is more refreshed.

I love the way it feels on my face, and a jar lasts me 4-5 uses so it is quite inexpensive at $7 CAD a jar. After I am done with this, I will probably try their other masks but I selected "yes" to buy again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2009 6:34:00 AM More reviews by Lyrics

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure what this mask is supposed to do. I also hate the chunks of seaweed - what are they supposed to do to your face??? They'll only fall off!! I think I would have liked the mask better without the seaweed, but I still don't know what this mask is supposed to do, and since it does nothing, I won't be buying again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2009 1:00:00 AM More reviews by lost25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mask had a cooling effect to it which was great for giving my face that refreshed look. It firmed up my face like any other mask. My only complaint is that it smells horrible.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2009 2:23:00 AM More reviews by mhwu

refreshing and skin looks really smooth and clearer for the few days following application. it made some parts of my face sting when wearing it though, but i do have really sensitive skin and eczema as well. it was bearable though. there is a lot of product for the $8 i bought it for, so i shared it, and the three people i shared with didn't feel any irritation.

overall, i love the effect at the end, but wish it didn't hurt. but, i would buy it for someone else if i thought that it would suit their skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2009 3:49:00 PM More reviews by iridescent

I'm sure that this could be a great product. Soothing and moisturizing. Unfortunately, it is chunky to the extreme. The seaweed chunks were big enough to make application unpleasant and some even scratched my skin's surface.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2009 11:21:00 AM More reviews by jenn7985

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

i tried this when my sister brought it home the other day. i had her try my Love Lettuce mask and she loved it and wanted to try more LUSH products so she got this one

i wish i was as impressed with this as i was with LL. it reminded me of artichoke dip and didnt spread very well on my skin. the huge chunks of seaweed were a huge turn off for me and i felt like i used half the container to evenly cover my skin

my skin began to tingle and itch and after 5 minutes i had to wash it off. my skin feels smooth and is softer but i can find other products that do the same thing that dont itch or cause pins and needles in my face

i will stick to my Love Lettuce mask because at the moment its HG status

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2009 10:45:00 PM More reviews by redandfuzzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Caused me to break out, and I needed about 4 wipes on toner to get the residue off. The saleswoman at LUSH raved about it, so I figured what the hell... but now I'm wishing I saved my $14. Smelled funny too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2009 4:56:00 AM More reviews by bluemushroom

oh i like this product...A LOT! i can't say that i LOVE it...cause its just my first time using it, and I just got out of the shower 20 min ago.
but the smell is beautiful, not too strong and not too light..just pleasant and kinda relaxing. my skin feels fresher, SMOOTH....SOO SMOOTH (because of the scrubby bits i guess), and feels so cleaaannn...i like it..i really do.I will give more update if i change mind..(which i doubt, because usually LUSH product never fail me)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 9:39:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Looks some sort of spinach and cream cheese dip. But smells way different though. Left skin feeling very clean and soft.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by illeyad

This is the only Lush product that I was disappointed with. I was going though a dry skin period and thought this moisturizing mask would be good for me.

PROS: (1) The scent is herbal with a touch of sea water. (2) easy to spread, feels cooling and calming

CONS (1) difficult to remove, it sticks to the skin (2) the seaweed is in huge chunks which prevents it from being very effective, and it may clog drains if not careful during removal process. (3) was over moisturizing (4) left my skin appearing congested with dilated pores and uneven skin tone (not a fresh clean feeling for me).

I think this particular mask would be fantastic for people with dry skin, but for combo/oily it was not ideal.