October 26, 2014 | 1070 users online

Bronzers - The Body Shop - Shimmer Waves in Bronze

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2007 3:53:00 PM More reviews by spitzluvre10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I was hesitant to buy this because it looked so shimmery in the compact. But on my skin it had more of a glowy effect, which I liked. I usually mix all five colors and apply with a blusher brush. The mix of different colors really adds dimension to my face, rather than one bronze color which makes it look too brown and dirty. It also works as a great eyeshadow - it lasts and doesn't crease either.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2007 6:40:00 PM More reviews by alyssaxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I find the Shimmer Waves Bronzer to be the best bronzing product that I have ever purchased.The price is very reasonable compared to most high-end bronzers that don't even have close to the same affect, and the packaging and design of the product is very appealing and attractive. I have fairly dark skin year round, except for my face. The problem that I've had with most bronzers is that they give me a carrot-like orange glow that anyone would be able to tell is fake. The different colours make the glow very natural looking. I am also a huge fan of the Shimmer Waves Blush which also happen to be very natural looking!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2007 6:12:00 AM More reviews by belle_in_pink

I was quite apprehensive with this product when I first saw it, since most bronzers make me look too muddy or worse, orange. Good thing one of my friends sold this to me at a lower price and I got to try it just for the heck of it. Good decision on my part! This is by far the best bronzer for my MAC NC30 skin, it doesn't look muddy at all. I have also tried bringing this along with me on a trip, and it served as an eye color as much as it helped define my cheeks. Very good multi-purpose product! I just wish it came in a classy packaging like Bobbi Brown's version, but overall I can't complain with the price and quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2007 11:07:00 PM More reviews by uofmdem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

An overall great bronzer, I'm quite pale and often bronzers make me look dirty, but this does not and it's easy to use the waves' colors as eyeshadows or to use as a highlight. I've never bought Body shop cosmetics before because they looked so shimmery, but this has been a pleasant surprise; not too shimmery and wears very well, lasting all day long. I will definately re-purchase this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2007 7:42:00 PM More reviews by mitulove

I use the top three 'waves' with a blusher brush for my cheeks, the top and bottom as eyeshadow/highlighter with a sponge-tip applicator, and sometimes the brown as an eyeliner. I'm 28 and I don't feel the shimmer is too teenagery for me. The packaging is pretty and I find that I can fit a sponge-tip in there with the product (which is good-I lose them at the bottom of my make-up box too easily).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2007 12:13:00 AM More reviews by seemapal82

I'm East Indian and I thought that I would never have a use for bronzer. Was I ever wrong when I tried this bronzer. I put it on my forehead and nose and chin, and on top of my blush and it's colour is so unique. It's not quite bronze, but a "berry" bronze kinda...hard to describe but it stands out. Often regular bronzer doesn't stand out but this does. I bought another one for my purse. If you are darker skinned (even if you are not that dark like me) you should at least try the tester at the store because I'm pretty sure you will be impressed. Definitely not a necessity like mascara or lipgloss, but just a little luxury that definitly makes a difference to your face. Warms it up a lot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2006 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

I am not sure if I am writing a review on the right heading or not, but the bronzer I am about to review is in a tube has a brush on top. It is called Brilliance Bronzer. I absolutely love it. The glitter is golden, but not cheap looking. It is very classy and at the same time, sexy and fresh. First, I could not figure out the packaging, but once I figured it out, the application was so easy and so effective. Also, the brilliance stays on and does not go away til you wash it. I highly recommend this-

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2006 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Tartlette

The Shimmerwaves are SO pretty..I'm loving this one..very lovely bronze on me. I love that different shades are offered.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2006 1:55:00 PM More reviews by milliegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm so glad I have this! It really does give a bronzed look without being over-the-top shimmery. Plus the different shades work beautifully as e/s and I can single out the peachy tones as blush - truly a multi-purpose product. It's great for lightening up your m/u bag when traveling. Too bad they couldn't have made the compact nicer, i.e., added a mirror, but I love it anyway. And the price is reasonable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2006 7:11:00 AM More reviews by expat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I haven't tried the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks, but I have tried at least a dozen other bronzers ~ everything from Estee Lauder to Guerlain to Armani and numerous others. Although I really liked the Armani for a long time, it actually looks "dirty" on me now that I've tried the Bronze Shimmer Waves by the Body Shop. This gives a beautiful and realistic glow to my face ~ not flat at all, but also not too shimmery. The "waves" are composed of 5 colors: dusty pink, burnished gold, copper, chocolate brown, and pale champagne gold. This combination doesn't leave me with the dreaded "orange glow" of so many other bronzers. As far as I'm concerned, it's as close to perfect as I've found! (I'm a GGG blonde, blue eyes, with tanned skin.)