NARS Cream Blush in Penny Lane [DISCONTINUED]

NARS Cream Blush in Penny Lane [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

Talc, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Tricaprylin, Capric/Caprylic Triglycerides, Cera Alba (Beeswax), PEG 150 Distearate, Lanolin, Laureth 4, Tocopherol, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75740), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Red 6, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Orange 5 (CI 45370), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090)

on 3/8/2011 3:06:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Penny Lane is easily one of my HG blushes -- I love it because I am very fair, and it is almost impossible to go overboard with this soft shade. It is perfectly described as "nude pink," though I think there is also a bit of peach to it, too. It is enough to add a touch of barely noticeable color to my face -- and while it might not show up on some, it makes my super-pale complexion look more lively and awake. Penny Lane is definitely one of the shades I reach for most frequently, simply because I do not have to think about it or be super careful not to overapply.

For reference, NW5-10; NARS Siberia.

on 3/3/2011 6:03:00 PM

Buildable coverage that's soft and natural. Gives my cheeks a subtle glow and never looks overly made-up. Love it.

on 2/28/2011 5:54:00 PM

This was the first of about five blushes I've recently purchased and I have to admit that it was Penny Lane that inspired me to search for other quality (this doesn't necessarily mean costly, I should add) blushes. I'm as NC15 (20 in the summer) and this really adds some dimension to my skin - I look like I've spent a bit of time in the sun and gained a nice glow as a result. I have to say, however, that it takes quite a bit for the product to show up as I'd like on my skin. I use an Eco Tools synthetic brush to apply and perhaps I need a different technique (e.g. using my fingers). As a whole, however, I do like the blush and would repurchase.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

A pretty natural glow. Perfect!

on 2/25/2011 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is such a pretty, natural colour! Somehow seems to give a little sheen to the cheeks, even though I can't detect any trace of shimmer particles in the blush. This gives me a really healthy-looking flush, that doesn't look artificial. I usually go for more peachy shades, as I am cool-toned, but this seems to work well for me. Stays on all day on my skin, even though I don't set it with powder. I also like to apply the blush leftover from blending on my lips.
A good, multi-functional product.
My only gripe is the compact, which gets dirty really easily!

on 2/18/2011 5:37:00 PM

I have very fair skin and have been on the search for a natural blush that wont interfere with my smokey eyes and bright pink lipstick. I've tried MAC's beauty powders, gel blushes, other cream blushes, ect. but never really achieved the effect I was going for. I've been eyeing this product for over a year now, and finally arranged a swap to get it. When I first opened it up, I almost thought it was fake since it just looked straight-up peach. I remembered in the store it was a little pinky as well, but I suppose it was just the lighting? Anywho- I was a little hesitant (since I look horrible with peaches), but once applied I was BLOWN away. Floored. Amazed. This looks extremely natural, but not a natural way as in 'I can't even tell anything is on', but natural as in 'I would have NEVER suspected you were wearing any makeup- you just look healthy' kind of way. My cheeks looks naturally flushed. Not a just-in-from-the-cold flush, that's a little redder, but a youthful kind of flush that children have. I've tried using a brush and my fingers, but I must say I prefer the finger method. It blends beautifully and lasts for most of the day, at least 5-6 hours, which I consider fairly long especially because I don't 'set' it with powder. I don't detect any glitter/shimmer, but it doesn't appear flat at all. It looks slightly dewy and very, very natural. For fair-skinned ladies, this is a MUST.

One thing I'm a little annoyed by however, has nothing to do with the particular product, but I've noticed NARS has been raising it's prices within the last few years. I remember when their blushes were 24 USD, now it's 27?! Hopefully I will be able to swap for another one when I run out, but if I can't, I'll suck it up and buy it for it's retail price. This profuct is a true gem and worth that extra 3 buck increase.

on 2/6/2011 6:14:00 PM

First NARS blush.I bought it today. It's a really pretty color and it looks good on me. I think this is my new favorite blush. It's expensive but i will def repurchase. If i can find a dupe for this and in powder form, that would be great!!!

on 2/6/2011 9:07:00 AM

This was my first NARS blush and I am seeing the hype. I have NC15 skin, and this gives me a natural nudey-pink flush... just like the color is described! The cream blends smoothly and doesn't wipe off my foundation. It is not sticky and feels like a dream. I have not broken out from this, but I rarely break out from products. I bought this off of a blog sale, so it is not brand new, but I tell ya, I would rebuy this in a heartbeat--if I ever go through it because I need very little product each time! The only thing I don't like is that the rubber packaging gets dirty easily, but I like the way it feels. Oh well, can't have everything.

Penny Lane is a super duper shade. The NARS website describes it as a "nude pink" but I think it's a very beautiful shade of soft peach that gives my skin the most AMAZING glow. Very sweet and natural. I've been dying to try cream blushes since I read somewhere that cream blushes work better with liquid foundation compared to powder blushes. Penny Lane was the first shade that leapt to my eye. I love the texture - very smooth, creamy and super blendable. I use my SK Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose brush to apply this (at first I was going to use my fingers, but I didn't want to contaminate the pan and the brush is designed for application of cream blushes too). I stipple it on lightly and build up the colour as I go - like I said, it's very soft and you really have to work it in for it to show but my skin is pretty light so that's not a problem for me. Staying power is amazing - it lasts all day, doesn't enhance pores, lines or fine hair, nor does it break me out. Now I'm bursting to try Lokoum or Montenegro next!

on 1/25/2011 8:27:00 PM

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

A Lovely rose colour and creamy texture.
It also works well as a highlighter or as a lip stain!
I've had mine for years and years and theres still plenty left!
A really versitile product and well worth the price tag!

Top Rated NARS Products