July 31, 2014 | 1264 users online

Sunscreen - Shiseido - Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion SPF 55 PA+++ [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2009 4:45:00 PM More reviews by everfallen

I've been using it for a year now, and it is the best sunscreen I've used. I have tried many products, ranging from Lancome to Neutrogena. Most products are too heavy for my face and clog my pores. I also don't like products that leaves a greasy, thick feeling. This does not. It's a light product with very strong sun protection. Most light facial sunscreen lotions seem to have spf 15, which I don't believe gives enough protection. I feel much better knowing that I have spf 55 on my face, as the sun is the primary factor that causes skin aging. Though it's designed for both face and body, I use this on my face only as it's rather expensive. However, a bottle does last a very long time for me, so the price is well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2009 2:05:00 AM More reviews by alexam2

Being a new mother, I don't have time to be writing a review at the moment. Deep down inside, I know I will have to wake up in a couple of hours to feed my son, yet the greatness of this discovery has led me to defy all sense of reason and stay up past 10:00 pm to write this review. I LOVE this sunscreen. Having just relocated to San Francisco from Seattle, I suddenly found myself in need of a sunscreen, though still very aware of the fact that, in general, I hate sunscreen. I looked to the MUA product reviews to help ease myself into the world of SPF, hoping to find a product that didn't cause the multitude of problems that so many sunscreens often do. This product not only does a wonderful job of protecting your skin from the sun, but also applies easily, dries quickly, and does an AMAZING job of mattifying. I have tried several mattifying products in the past, and this provides, by far, the best results. In fact, I feel that my skin actually looks smoother and more even after applying this sunscreen - almost like a tinted lotion. I have not had issues with pore clogging, nor have I had difficulty removing the product with more than a nightly cleanser (I use one with salicylic acid). While some might be concerned about the price, it's important to remember that you are protecting your skin - I am certain that removal of cancerous skin cells is more time consuming and expensive than driving to a department store and picking up a bottle of this lotion. If you aren't sure that you want to make the investment, I can imagine that a representative at a Shiseido counter would gladly give you a sample. I'll bet you will love it. Yes, yes you will love it - Maybe even enough to stay up past your bedtime in order to tell other people looking for sunscreen just how wonderful it really is.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2009 9:23:00 PM More reviews by edtennisbabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am extremely sensitive to the sun....always have been, and so I've tried quite a few sunscreens. In comparison to others I've tried, this is pretty drying. It made my face flaky and my makeup had a hard time going smoothly over it. I tried putting it on over a moisturizer and it still didn't work. I returned it to Nordstrom after a week of fiddling with it--no luck. I would only recommend this for someone with really oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 9:25:00 PM More reviews by jaden08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

There is no way in this world will i use this sunscreen ever again on my face. It does leave a white residue, um yeah it does, plus my skin is nc45 and i can see the whitecast on my face and thru my foundation, studio fix fluid which is not a good look, next my face was feeling extremely tight, it is just way to much going on with this sunscreen for my tastes. I will use it on my body but for my face i will stick with my regular routine. And if you have dry skin a word of caution for you would be to tread lightly with the application of this product or don't use it all, bc your face will feel like it's being sucked with a vaccuum. I only gave two lippies for its mattifying effect but even with my oily skin i want to see some sort of glow. Do not reccommend.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2009 8:02:00 AM More reviews by filmart

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

For about five days, this sunscreen was great. It felt light, wore well all day, and it didn't turn greasy. But the next day, with the weather a bit cooler, it made my entire face burning and sensitive, and my chin was suddenly red and peeling. I chose the lotion over the cream, because I didn't want my skin to feel smothered, but now realize that the lotion requires a layer of moisturizer underneath. Other members have reviewed the cream formula as being drying as well, which leaves me puzzled as to why these sunscreens remain so popular.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2009 12:30:00 PM More reviews by linseyp

Not so sure about this stuff. It's mattifying which I like, but maybe too much, to the point of making my skin dry/flaky. And at first I thought is was the root of a horrific recent breakout and stopped using it along with some other items. I've slowly reintroduced this and so far so good. I'm cautious about using too much, too often and making sure I get it all off at the end of the day.

I'm allergic to some chemical sunscreens (get contact dermatitis) and a lot tend to break me out, so that I'm not covered in an itchy rash or cystic acne right now is amazing.

I'm also confused about how great the protection is - I don't fully understand PA and UVA coverage, but I think there is better out there. LRP maybe??? I'll use this bottle up but I may try something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2009 4:00:00 AM More reviews by poprox

I was at Nordstrom looking for a good sunblock and the SA there recommended this one to me. I'm so glad she did because I've been using this for a week now and am in love with it! She made me feel her face, she uses this and doesn't even need foundation (she had literally no sun damage whatsoever... she was way older than me as well). The finish is matte, no crazy sunblock smell, no residue (non greasy), feels light, and SPF 55!

The price on this is a little steep $38 for an ok size bottle, but you really only need like a drop of this stuff to cover your entire face. SA says it should last me 7 months. Will repurchase as needed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2009 1:44:00 PM More reviews by makjunk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

WOW!! I was very cynical about a sunscreen being such a great mattifier (as the other reviewers said); so i said "hey, why not give it a try" after all it was not crazy expensive, and what was the worst that could have happened? to take it back if it didnt work and get my money back BUT i was amazed at the great results. I have oily to very oily skin, I was going thru about 5 to 6 oil blotting sheets per day,sometimes even 7 and i had lost hope that anything can help me get the oilies under control. Well, 1st day I used this I did not have to use 1 blotting sheet. I put on my makeup at 10am and at 6pm the top of my nose started to show some, but not a lot of oil - show thru. It is an amazing product to keep oily skin under control. I will definitely re-purchase in the future; I would even venture out and say it probably will be my HG mattifying primer. why look for something else when this worked so amazingly well, right??? buy it, you will NOT be dissapointed

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2009 3:11:00 PM More reviews by engk916

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

my HG sunblock - it's a physical block that doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy, and no white cast to boot! it's expensive, but imho worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2009 2:19:00 PM More reviews by korean

so far the best sunscreen i have used. i'm living in a hot tropical country right now, and this sunscreen protects my skin, without breakouts. its very waterproof- so an oil pre-cleanse is a must. i use dhc cleansing oil.

this sunscreen does not ball up under my bare minerals makeup , it does leave a bit of a white cast- but not bad like cheap sunscreens.

has a scent , i would prefer fragrance free- but it's not overwhelming .so until i find another sunscreen that can do what this one does and is fragrance free- i will stick to shiseido.