LUSH Sea Vegetable Soap

3.3

on 10/8/2005 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I hated this one!!!!! I think I only ended up using this twice. Horrible! Hardly lathered, left my skin dry and didn't even smell nice. I threw it away!

on 10/2/2005 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is an average soap. I originally bought it with the intention of using it on my body but after the first time using it, my skin felt horribly dry. So now it's for washing hands only. I love the color and how it has seaweed and salt to scrub your skin with, and the smell is refreshing and somehow beachy even though it's just lavender and lime. For a hand soap it's decent, but I think I'll try more Lush soaps before I settle back again on this.

on 7/30/2005 5:43:00 PM

I have to say with all the soaps out there, one can do better. The best things about it: All Lush soaps are so much fun and different, this one makes a terrific lather, it have a really nice but not overwhelming scent and leaves you feeling fresh. Now for the not so good things: it has a drying effect on the skin, it is expensive for soap, once the layer of salt is gone there is no exfoliating at all. So buy it for fun but don't expect miracles!

on 7/25/2005 2:26:00 AM

I am quite disappointed with this soap. My first bar of Sea Vegetable soap contained absolutely no salt crystals or seaweed. It was smooth and smelled of, well, nothing really. Just a plain bar of green soap. However, it lathered extremely well, in fact, better than any of my other LUSH soaps ever have! I decided to give this soap a second chance and bought another bar. This time, it did come with salt and seaweed and a very light smell and barely any lather. I could smell both the lime and lavender, but it was so weak that I had to hold the bar of soap right to my nose and sniff deeply to smell it at all! The scent didn't linger on my skin either and I didn't find this soap moisturizing, but instead, a bit drying. I won't be purchasing another one of these and the only reason I gave it two lippies instead of one is that I do enjoy the scrubbiness of the soap while it still has the salt and seaweed in it.

on 5/15/2005 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Got this soap as part of a birthday gift box from Lush. I probably wouldnt have bought this based on the scent which Im not too keen on but as an exfoliator it worked wonders and left my skin super soft.

on 4/4/2005 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The first LUSH product that gave me some sort of allergic reaction. I wanted to give this to my hubby, but tried it out first on my hands. They almost instantly turned red and started to sting! Didn't really like the scent either. Will be returning it today.

on 3/20/2005 12:13:00 PM

Really nice soap- a deep blue, glycerin base soap, with seaweed and salt on top. The seaweed and salt provide exfoliation. The scent is a strong lime and lavender, which smells fresh and is invigorating. This s a great soap for me year-round.

on 1/10/2005 12:22:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

ouch! Why would they put salt in a soap- not my idea of fun. The scent is nice clean 'ocean' scent but I can't get past the salt and the seaweed. It's very very drying too.

on 12/22/2004 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Okay. I'm going to have to find a way to use this bar without it scratching my skin like crazy. I am seriously in pain when trying to use this soap to exfoliate. I will use it will a wash cloth next time so that the hard n dry seaweek bits do not hurt me. The salt side is better in terms of painlessness. Mine was only a sample slice so the salt side crumbled to bits, but I think a full size bar would not have this problem. Will not be repurchasing.. I prefer the I Should Coco soap for exfoliating my skin.

on 11/23/2004 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The smell and consistency of the soap is amazing, but it is just soap and it dries out my skin. I tried a sample but will not buy.