July 24, 2014 | 955 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Up The Amp

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by thathoneydip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite lipsticks! Beautiful color, super creamy, and amazingly pigmented. When i dont feel like doing much with my eyes, i always reach for this lipstick. i already have another just incase i run out :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by jsterorange

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow, wow, wow! I love this lipstick soooo much. I had some money given to me for a treat by my boyfriend and it was burning a serious hole in my pocket! I had wanted MACs Creme Cup lipstick for ages so i went online and put that in my basket. Like i said this money was burning a serious hole so after also putting the naked 2 in my basket (whoop whoop!) and started looking at the MAC lipsticks again. That's when i saw Up The Amp and it was love at first sight! Now i class myself as a savvy shopper and normally sit for hours reading reviews, looking at pictures etc before i commit to by something but Up The Amp was a total impulse buy. For one i'd never heard of it before. I'm soooo glad i did impulse buy this as i love it. It is easily a fave lipstick now. It's a amplified creme formula, which along with the cremesheen formula are my favourites. The colour is such a pretty lavender/purple shade. Described by MAC as lavender violet. I wasn't sure what to expect the first time i wore it as although it looked gorgeous in the tube it was a lot brighter than i would normally wear! On the lips though i was nicely surprised as it looked gorgeous. Bright but not in your face bright, plus you could just put a swipe on for more toned down lips or layer it up for a more vibrant look. Lasts on lips quite well as when it wears off you get left with a pretty stained lip colour. I think the price is quite reasonable. I just love MAC lipsticks in general. The smell is scrummy! I have worn this lipstick a number of times now and i really do love it. It deserves some love and i for one would repurchase tomorrow when i run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 2:14:00 PM More reviews by DaniRN16

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow! What a surprise! I would never have picked up this lipstick but after getting Coygirl blush which is a pinky-lavender I thought I needed a lipstick to match. Up the Amp is a rosy-pink-lavender that is just gorgeous on it's own or with a touch of gloss. I layered it with Butterfly Dream from the Vera collection and I can see myself wearing this combo for the rest of the month! It's an amplified finish and wears so comfortably on the lip. Try this if you are looking for something a little different to wear on the lips!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by papagenax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love Up the Amp. It's a beautiful medium lavender with a pink undertone- great for spring! Since it's an Amplified, it's pigmented with a wonderfully creamy texture, and wears for hours. If you're on a budget, Revlon Berry Haute is similar, but different enough to warrant buying both if you're a purple lover.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by KOuilhon

I love this lipstick! I wanted something a little different to give my lips a fun pop of color. I'm not a huge lipstick person but thought this was pretty and fun. I put it on lightly with a touch of gloss and it is super gorge. I find that it's not too purply if used lightly. For a night out I think it would look chic and fun to pile it on heavier. This is a super pretty lipstick with an awesome texture that I will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Italiarican7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love pairing this lippie with NYX's Purple Rain lipliner and it looks great! It makes my green eyes pop! I would wear this to work or anywhere. I have a few lip tars that I would mix to make the "Up the Amp" color, but when I'm on the go, I just swipe this gem on with the liner and it looks fabulous!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by lightgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this color. It's purply and very wearable, unlike Violetta. It's like Violetta's toned down version but is a little more purple than Violetta. NC15/NW20

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 7:14:00 AM More reviews by Lobbery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not for the faint hearted ! Looks great on blondes but I have worn it with my hair all sorts of colours and it never looks off. Definitely not a wear to work shade though.

Lovely formula. Not drying. Lasts well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by teashadlynch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OK SO. Im not a BIG Fan of MAC lipsticks there are a few that I Love Deeply and this is one. I think that all Mac Purple Lipstick are made for me. Everytime I get one I love it more them the last. So this was the last MAC lipstick I picked up! I got it from MACYS and was in Love with the color I tried it on in the store and brought it no question asked this is hands down one of the best colors. If you cant your hands on it or its pricey try Berry Haute by Revlon in the Super Lustrous Line!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by keirankght

Loved the colour and the packaging ! It's really easy to put on and stays on and on ... Really great !