December 22, 2014 | 1664 users online

Gels/Soaps - Ivory Soap

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2009 3:19:00 PM More reviews by jilly_sue

This has to be the most harsh soap on the market. It dried my skin out so badly that it took it weeks to recover. Only use this if your skin is a pure oil slick, otherwise stay very far away!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 12:53:00 PM More reviews by jmarie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the ONLY soap my husband will use. He actually uses it for shampoo too. I only use it in the summer if I'm really hot and sticky, otherwise it's way too drying for me. I guess a low maintenance husband is a good thing....more disposable income for my higher maintenance lifestyle. The only problem with a low maintenance guy.....he tends not to understand my need for the finer things in life.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 12:25:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ivory soap can do no wrong by me! I have overall sensitive skin, with an area of eczema on one leg, and this soap makes my skin happy. I love the fact that it rinses out/off totally, with absolutely no irritation whatsoever. Sometimes the most simple, tried and true, time tested products are the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2009 2:10:00 AM More reviews by HeatSeeker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Ivory soap. I have sensitive skin and it works great. Love the smell too.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2009 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Cherub573

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used bar soaps all my life on my body, but I have never liked Ivory. The texture is much slimier than other bar soaps I've used. I really don't care for the smell, and it never feels like it cleans me as well. I feel like there's a residue on my skin afterwards. I have never used this on my face. The price is usually very cheap though. And at least it never gave me a reaction or caused breakouts on my body.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2008 9:28:00 PM More reviews by ShanKel

My face started to break out like crazy and I was trying everything I could to clear it up. I had just finished up using Proactiv and was tired of trying things that didn't work. I usually use ivory as a body soap but tried it on my face because I had nothing else. To my surprise it began to clear my skin after about a week. It is very drying on my face but I think thats what makes it work because it dried out all of my pimples. After my face cleared I went back to philosophy but everytime I see a pimple coming I go back to ivory. It works every time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2008 8:05:00 AM More reviews by WenchMartha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is going to sound insane but on a whim, I used this on my face. That's right--my FACE. And wow. What a surprise. It's dead winter and cha-ching! Instant clarity. I use the aspirin mask, this, and my usual myriad of serums/light moisturizers. About six weeks ago, my weirdly hormonal 45 year old skin went whack with slightly itchy raised white bumps on my forehead, oily nose, and dry cheeks. How weird is it to be oily and dry at the same time? I tried a few things only to jack it up further (note to self: do no slather on moisturizers). I thought why not try something a bit simpler? I will admit I started the aspirin mask at about the same time but these two together are a powerhouse for me. However, strangely enough, I won't use this on my body. It's too drying. So if you're skin is wacky, give it a go. If it's overly dry, I wouldn't recommend it but otherwise, try it and see. It's cheap as hell.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2008 8:00:00 PM More reviews by yvonyvonnette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

No, never again! Drawn to its low price, I got a bar to try this out. It made me feel very clean but it also stripped my skin of its moisture. 20 minutes after my shower, i was itchy all over. I thought maybe I didn't rince it all off so I stepped back into the shower and rubbed my skin with water for 5 minutes or so. 20 minutes after that, not only was my skin still itchy but dry. I slapped on some moisturizer and went to bed. the next morning, my skin had bumps everywhere. needless to say, i threw this out vowing "never again"

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2008 6:39:00 PM More reviews by LuvPinkCottonCandy

This is one of THE WORST products on the market. I can't even call it skin care. When I was a teen, I had an allergic reaction to this soap that landed me in the hospital ER for 14 hours with my eyes so swollen shut, I couldn't get my contacts out until an hour after the epinephrine shot! I guess even though it is 99 44/100% natural it is that 56/100% that I am allergic to. It dried my skin out, I had scales like a fish. The only way to get rid of them was with prescription moisturizer.

Also, Ivory is NOT an animal-friendly product. Do ya'll know what TALLOW ACID is, which is listed on the ingredient list? It is inedible animal fat! Sounds like a good thing to put on your skin, huh?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2008 4:15:00 PM More reviews by CatherineSolo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't use this on my body, but as a face wash, I love it. After using Pro Activ, Philosophy, Cetaphil, and more, this is what I end up using. I can't believe it.

I was faithful to Pro Activ for almost 6 years, and then it stopped working for me. I broke out so badly. My skin is SO tempermental. And Ivory is the only thing that successfully cleans it and doesn't irritate it. I wash, then exfoliate if I feel like it, and then wash again. Always twice. I have found that makes a difference (once to remove makeup, once to really cleanse the skin). It's simple, and it works wonders.

Little note: cleansers that are designed for acne care are often bogus. Cleansers don't deposit anything into your skin (as they probably shouldn't, considering they're designed to cleanse things OFF your skin). So why use a so-called acne fighting wash when really it's the other products you use that will be helpful.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No