November 22, 2014 | 1703 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder - Medium

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2008 4:44:00 PM More reviews by snwsnw

I absolutely LOVE this blot powder. No matter what powder foundation I use, the medium blot powder sets beautifully. The color is a bit light even for "medium" but it works perfectly for my light skin tone. The "light" shade was too light. I really like how the compact is sleek (just like other MAC products) and has a mirror!! The powder never gets cakey, goes on really sheer, and keeps my oily face matte for most of the day! I will most definitely buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2008 5:31:00 PM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is very awsome!!! i've super oily skin lately and nothing was keeping my matte, except for this wonderful powder. The Mac makeup artist recommend medium for me, and i thought it was a little too light and pink when i first applied it but it quickly "settles" and becomes transulent on my NC30 skintone. i love this!!! it's awesome and perfect.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2008 11:19:00 PM More reviews by darina18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i did like this product, great at keeping my oily tzone shine free but on me ( nc25-30) this was waaayyy too white ( my benefit powder in medium suits me much better) , my nose was a different colour to the rest of my face so although i do like the product if i was to repurchase id definitely need to go up at least one shade. great to pop in your handbag, i use these kinds of powders after i blot my nose with clean and clear oil obsorbing sheets and than pat the powder over my noise so im not transfering oil onto the product and it lasts much longer too. good product just make sure to select your shade carefully!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2008 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Green_Tea

Good at keeping my super oily skin shine free for quite some time. I believe that nothing can really eliminate all the shine without making your face look like chalk or cakey if you have oily skin.

I almost returned this product because applying the powder with the enclosed puff is absolutely horrible!! I really wanted to like this powder because it has great reviews here (so there must be something good about it), so I tried to applying it differently.

I tried a kabuki brush, latex sponges, and finally Mac's Select Sheer puff. Mac's Select Sheer puff gave the perfect finish, and it's really soft!!

Once again this shows how important the tools are in application!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2008 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Jocky80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an amazing powder! I have tried many-many-many different powders since I have studied beautycare and this is in a class of it's own. I tried the medium shade on my very oily t-zone and it does wonders.
It goes on matte and removes all shine and oiliness like that and leaves a longlasting-matte perfect face. Photografs also very well!
First I was a bit unsure about the color, medium. I thought maybe it was too dark for me, but when I opened it was a light pink powder.
Putting in on may enhance dryness/dry spots but I don't care! I also makes any foundation more longlasting and matte, even the super shiny and glowy BE becomes a longlasting matte foundation. I use the sponge but remember to wash it to remove bacteria and prevent breakouts.
DIMETHICONE; SILICA; KAOLIN; WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED; HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN; METHICONE; CAPRYLYLGLYCOL; HEXYLENE GLYCOL; METHICONE;COCONUT ACID; PHENOXYETHANOL [+/-MICA; IRON OXIDES CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499]

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2008 9:08:00 PM More reviews by HeidiV

This is my HG blotting powder. After reading the reviews on here, I rushed to the MAC counter to get one ASAP LOL. I got one in medium and it works perfectly for my fair Asian skin tone. I'm so happy that I found such a good blotting product. I goes on clear and smooths out my midday oily makeup. I love how my skin looks after applying the powder. It looks dewy and really nice. I'm in love and will buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2008 3:03:00 AM More reviews by misstiggywinkle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a make up artist and I swear by this product, especially for long shoots and brides...it keeps make-up set and stops any shine for hours! It can get a little bit powdery and dry the skin out a little, but I counter act that by using Laura Mercier Secret Finish dabbed lightly over any dry patches.
Most of my clients end up going out and buying this product themselves! It so much better than a regular compact to set foundation because it's not heavy and the colour is quite sheer so it doesn't give you a caked appearance.
LOVE LOVE LOVE!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2008 2:08:00 AM More reviews by itshannah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have to say this is a great powder to set my fdtn with. It keeps shine & oil at bay for much longer than anything else i've tried. I have super oily NC30 skin and BLot in medium works great. I was shocked at the light color, but it really goes on translucent. I despise the included puffer thing, it is so dinky and useless. I apply with a large face powder brush or kabuki. I would say I reapply blot after about 4 hours, which is GREAT for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2008 8:10:00 PM More reviews by sharis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been buying and loving the Light color for years but decided to try the Medium this time as a lot of reviews mentioned that this worked well for Fair skin. Well, they were right! This is MUCH better on me than the light which is white and always looked a bit powdery upon application because of the light color. I can't even see this on my NC25ish skin. This product is just fabulous and has been a staple of mine for years. I'm so happy to have found a better color match.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2008 5:54:00 PM More reviews by roaker

Well I must say I am very impressed with this powder. When I apply it in the morning, my makeup lasts pretty much all day. I reapply it in the late afternoon. I will definately be buying this again. Its a great product. EDIT: I changed my mind about repurchasing this powder. I use nyc pressed powder now. It is cheaper and works just as well for me. Why spend the money on this, if something dirt cheap works just as well?