MAC Viva Glam V Lipglass

4.5

on 7/10/2010 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I'm working on tube number three of this lipglass. It's a universally flattering shade of rosy plummy brown laced with gold shimmer. It's one of the more wearable shades of lipglasses, in that it doesn't require a lipliner like some of the others. I use this as my everyday gloss. The formula is tacky but that's what makes for the incredible staying power. Normally, scented lip products bug me but the vanilla scent in this is not very noticeable. My only complaint: if I wear it repeatedly in one day it tends to make dry skin peel off my lips...bizarre but I deal with it.

on 6/30/2010 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am on the fence with this one. I like how it looks when I first apply it but it turns a tad orange on me which is even more apparent in pictures.

on 6/22/2010 11:46:00 AM

This is a near-universally flattering color that is suitable for all occasions. If someone is looking to try a MAC lipglass for the first time, or looking for one as a gift, this would be a great choice. On my lips, it looks like what I wanted MAC Lust to look like.

on 6/18/2010 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a great neutral color that would be good on anyone. I have so many lip glosses that are as good as this one so I will not repurchase it as it was expensive. It was fun trying it and it is a great color and great quality. Update --I use this all the time LOVE IT and will be rebuying if it runs out. It goes with everything and has just the right amount of color and not too sparkley but still has just a bit. However- If the price is too high I would recommend Revlon super lustrous gloss which has the same great quality (#90 pearl plum is a great color).

This was an impulse buy, but I'm so glad I bought it! It's a nice medium pink that gives your lips a nice nude sheen. I wear this by itself or top it off over lipsticks, especially Cherish lipstick. Lovely combination. An easy wear for the daytime and can even use it to glam up a night look :) It's easily among one of my favorite lippies. I always make sure this is in my travel makeup bag or purse for the reason that it's so versatile. It's so neutral that it works with any type of look. I will definitely repurchase :)

on 6/13/2010 12:13:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

so I hadn't bought a MAC lipglass in a long time and decided to head back to the Nordstrom counter. At first I thought this color looked just ok but I'm really falling in love with it after wearing it a few times. I'm not sure if lipglass has been reformulated but this doesn't seem as sticky ( a plus) and this color is a very natural looking summer gloss. It tones the redness in my lips and leaves them a sparkly tan color that I'm loving. This will be my go-to gloss for this summer and a long time after. Thanks MAC! :)

on 6/11/2010 12:49:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a nice dark pink/light brown colour, and if u look closely, there's gold/bronze shimmer in there too. At first I thought I'd hate it because I'm not a fan of shimmery lipglosses, but I was surprised that I liked it! There isn't too much shimmer, the formula is light and not sticky. Perfect for everyday

on 6/2/2010 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a darker nude color, pinkish brown with a little bit of shimmer. It's a nice polishing lip gloss to finish up a look or dress up your lips. it is very close to my actual lip shade, so it looks natural but with more oomph cause of the little bit of shimmer and glossiness. Because of the shimmer and glossiness though, I wouldn't wear it every day. The shade might not be the most dramatic, but the finish to me seems a little dressy for my personal everyday style. It's a nice neutralizer taking down the super red tones my lips tend to have though. I love the feel and shine of it. I don't like my glosses too slippery, and this is definitely on the tackier side while still keeping the shine. It also feels very very smooth. For a gloss it does stay on my lips pretty well. I try to stretch my lipglasses out since I'm not really in the mood to shelve out money for them often- they're not THAT expensive, but they're not cheap either. I don't use mine a whole lot for that reason. The good thing is that it lasts and doesn't seem to go bad. No nasty smell or taste even though I've had it for years! Love that.

on 6/1/2010 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Love this gloss! The Viva Glam V lipstick is one of my favoroute lipsticks so I decided to buy the gloss. It's a very flattering mauve colour with golden shine much like the lipstick but a lot more shiny. If I've been wearing the lipstick in the day time and I'm going straight from work for drinks I love to just swipe this on for a more outspoken look.
It is a bit sticky, and that is something you either hate or tolerate with MAC lipglasses. I don't mind that and love the distinct MAC vanilla scent. Will repurchase forever!

on 5/25/2010 5:34:00 PM

Love this.. It's amazing.

Popular Lip Glosses