September 24, 2014 | 1492 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Beige Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2006 1:58:00 PM More reviews by pulidobl

I swapped my Apricot SB for Beige and couldn't be happier. This one give suble shimmer aka a nice glow without accentuating every pore on my face like the Apricot one did. I like it as a shadow, too, and the look is more subtle than the Apricot one was on me. My favorite our of the three I owned/own. I gave it 4 lippies because YMMV with these and they are pricey.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2006 1:53:00 AM More reviews by baobao2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i got this in a swap and love it, however it is fragile. Wheni got it the strips were floating around loose from the case. EESH, love it though, even though it's not in one piece

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2006 11:00:00 AM More reviews by infogirl

I am writing this review for all the shimmerbricks. I tend to shy away from luminizing, shimmery, or glittery products. I would rank this in the shimmery category. The beige one is truly a shimmery glow product compared to the peony, rose, and bronze which tend to add some color. I think the pink one is more a shimmer/glow powder at least on my fair skin it is anyways (NC15). The shimmerbricks are in a compact with a large mirror so the packaging is ok- I did not experience any of the shattering issues since I got rid of mine very quickly. I have good skin with some oilyness in my tzone (but not large pores or acne scarring). I do have some larger pores in my tzone and my skin is not perfectly flawless. With that in mind, many products like the shisiedo tri luminizer (in pinks)make my skin look very pretty. This product made me run to the bathroom and wash my face EVERY TIME I TRIED TO WEAR IT. My skin lookes like I had pores the size of craters in my tzone and my skin looked "wet". I know that sounds wierd but this just sat on my skin and made me look sickly and wet. Real pretty, huh? I tried applying with my bronzer, my kabuki, my big fluffy shu powder- essentially I tried to make this work and usually I can get things to work. I think this is a gross product. It is only meant for you girls who have perfect, and I mean perfect skin that is poreless, normal with no oilies, and no lines. OMG- I can imagine how depressed I would have been if I had lines around my eyes- YIKES! God love ya if you can wear this well!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2006 2:06:00 PM More reviews by PatGrover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this for my ppp complexion. I get different finishes depending on the brush i use. With BB face blender and swiping on the lower half of the compact i get THE perfect glow. I tried using BB blush brush, but find that it gives more of a golden hue with certain angles. So then i put a light coat of powder on top and i correct that problem. Love the white in the corners of my eyes and right underneath my brows.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2005 4:34:00 AM More reviews by nic1970

During the day I find this product a little too shimmery for me but its ideal for evening/night use.
It gives an instant glow and a light shimmer to my cheekbones & brow bone. I do not think it has enough staying power for the eye lids. It should only be used as a highlighter not an all over shimmer (use Becca or Stila instead).
It can be worn over blusher & bronzers. I highly recommend purchasing the BB Face Blender Brush for the perfect application as its easier to control. Beige ShimmerBrick $80.00 AUD & BB Face Blender Brush $65.00 AUD.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2005 7:11:00 AM More reviews by gforce7

Very disappointing - I have used this a few times but it has always ruined the overall look of my make-up. It's just TOO shiny/shimmery- nothing subtle here! Quite cheap and tacky looking imo. I always end up with a 'transvestite'/'wannabe glamour girl' look. Even when trying to use a light hand, it's so easy to apply too much. Perhaps I need more practice applying it, but I doubt it - just not the product for me at all. And it's FAR too expensive! 2 out of 5 lippies from me

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2005 9:53:00 PM More reviews by joeykeen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff. I sweep it on my cheekbones, browbone, and over the front of my nose --> instant natural looking radiance. It makes a decent eyeshadow highlighter in a pinch. I get compliments on my 'radiant skin' all the time, and I think it's likely because of this stuff.

The packaging looks great, unfortunately, the shimmerbrick itself has detached itself from the rest of the case, and actually broken (fortunately, still usable). I did take it travelling, but didn't throw it around or anything.

I took one lippie off for the unfortunate packaging.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2005 9:49:00 AM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

Great highlighter for cheekbones. Gives a shimmer and lights up the eyes. I am a lite olive-medium with dark hair & eyes. This one joins my other favorite the APricot Shimmerbrick. Awesome products.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2005 4:45:00 PM More reviews by jexebel

Wow ! The most luminous and beautiful highlighter ! Stays all day, pigmetation is a dream. Perfection !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2005 9:49:00 AM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this mainly as eyeshadow--all colors mixed or the ivory and another separately. Rather glimmery so use sparingly, one part of the face only. The beige is pretty neutral. I suppose one could mix it with a bit of lipgloss or nailpolish too.....ideas anyone?