Bobbi Brown Beige Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

4.3

on 7/26/2006 7:04:00 AM

LOVE this. I only use it at night as it is way too shiny for me during the day (my blush has shiny specks in it as well). This greats such a beautiful, dewey glow! I love to brush it over my cheeks and under cheekbones, as well as down my nose, with a little dab on my forehead and chin. This product is perfect for creating that glowing look, without using products that just make you look greasy. I get compliments whenever I go out! It costs a fair bit, but I've had it for about 8 months and have barely scratched the surface. I also like to use the different colors on their own as eyeshadows or highlighters for the eyes. Great great great product!!!!!!

on 5/21/2006 10:02:00 AM

This is such a beautiful compact. I LOVE it. I was afraid it would be too light for my face, but its deffinitly not! If you love Mac Shimpagne, you'll love this as well!

on 5/16/2006 10:15:00 AM

Hated this!!! Way too light for my taste - no candlelit glow - just fake cheap shiny patches on my face. Gorgeous product, just not on me. I love the concept, and swore off the shimmerbricks, but I love BB products, and may try a different color - we'll see. Beige is definately too pale & pasty for my taste.

on 5/1/2006 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Beige shimmer brick is the first compact I bought. After trying those compacts. I like this product because it gave me a candlelit glow and definitely not change my blusher tone. I apply it on my cheek bone. However i like it, i'll try Brownie next time.

on 4/24/2006 3:38:00 AM

I really like this highlighter ! So shimmery and beautifull ! The staying power is great, the texture is quite fine, and I love the multiple colours. Beautiful on eyes too ! Wonderfull !

on 4/6/2006 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I swapped my Apricot SB for Beige and couldn't be happier. This one give suble shimmer aka a nice glow without accentuating every pore on my face like the Apricot one did. I like it as a shadow, too, and the look is more subtle than the Apricot one was on me. My favorite our of the three I owned/own. I gave it 4 lippies because YMMV with these and they are pricey.

on 3/20/2006 1:53:00 AM

i got this in a swap and love it, however it is fragile. Wheni got it the strips were floating around loose from the case. EESH, love it though, even though it's not in one piece

on 2/26/2006 11:00:00 AM

I am writing this review for all the shimmerbricks. I tend to shy away from luminizing, shimmery, or glittery products. I would rank this in the shimmery category. The beige one is truly a shimmery glow product compared to the peony, rose, and bronze which tend to add some color. I think the pink one is more a shimmer/glow powder at least on my fair skin it is anyways (NC15). The shimmerbricks are in a compact with a large mirror so the packaging is ok- I did not experience any of the shattering issues since I got rid of mine very quickly. I have good skin with some oilyness in my tzone (but not large pores or acne scarring). I do have some larger pores in my tzone and my skin is not perfectly flawless. With that in mind, many products like the shisiedo tri luminizer (in pinks)make my skin look very pretty. This product made me run to the bathroom and wash my face EVERY TIME I TRIED TO WEAR IT. My skin lookes like I had pores the size of craters in my tzone and my skin looked "wet". I know that sounds wierd but this just sat on my skin and made me look sickly and wet. Real pretty, huh? I tried applying with my bronzer, my kabuki, my big fluffy shu powder- essentially I tried to make this work and usually I can get things to work. I think this is a gross product. It is only meant for you girls who have perfect, and I mean perfect skin that is poreless, normal with no oilies, and no lines. OMG- I can imagine how depressed I would have been if I had lines around my eyes- YIKES! God love ya if you can wear this well!

on 1/10/2006 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love this for my ppp complexion. I get different finishes depending on the brush i use. With BB face blender and swiping on the lower half of the compact i get THE perfect glow. I tried using BB blush brush, but find that it gives more of a golden hue with certain angles. So then i put a light coat of powder on top and i correct that problem. Love the white in the corners of my eyes and right underneath my brows.

on 12/15/2005 4:34:00 AM

During the day I find this product a little too shimmery for me but its ideal for evening/night use.
It gives an instant glow and a light shimmer to my cheekbones & brow bone. I do not think it has enough staying power for the eye lids. It should only be used as a highlighter not an all over shimmer (use Becca or Stila instead).
It can be worn over blusher & bronzers. I highly recommend purchasing the BB Face Blender Brush for the perfect application as its easier to control. Beige ShimmerBrick $80.00 AUD & BB Face Blender Brush $65.00 AUD.