April 16, 2014 | 1777 users online

Blush - NARS - Gilda

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2010 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Sayoko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Gilda is very nice coral/peachy color that suprisingly suites my skin(NC50 for reference. Again like most NARS blushers this is very pigmented. I tend to gravitate towards NARS matte blushers mostly, I love it! this lasts all day, I not not have to re apply. Great buy! if I ran out, I would definately buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2010 12:15:00 PM More reviews by mizznk

This makes my NC 40 complexion glow!! it makes me look healthy and bright - it is also lasting on my oily skin which, however it does fade as the day goes, but still there at the end of the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2009 5:20:00 PM More reviews by korean

gilda- is a bright coral blush. matte. no sparkles or shimmers. and very pigmented. very pretty, but i will have to wait and see how often i use this since i am fair- med toned.

gilda has been compared to nars' DT blush. but i think they are very different.
.gilda is more pigmented and a deeper color . i barely tap my brush in the pan and i have a ton of color.
.DT is a light peach/pinky color with gold shimmer and gilda is matte coral with red undertones.

update- i think this is too deep for my fair/med skin. gave it to my sister who is a little more olive toned than i am.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2009 2:57:00 AM More reviews by shadowgerl

very very pretty color on me, but i agree with the other reviewers saying how you MUST apply this with a slight slight hand. the packaging is nice, but it does get gummy easily

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2009 4:11:00 PM More reviews by pinkelephants

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

On me, this looks like Deep Throat without the shimmer. I love it. I tried Gina but that was waaaay too orange for my NC30 skin. Gilda has just enough pink to give it a more natural look, but it is most definitely a peach blush. (DT shows up peach on me, I know for some people it's more pink). It takes more of this blush to show up on me unlike most of my other NARS blushes. Maybe it would work better for lighter skintones. I'll keep using it, though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by tawnyinthepink

I like this blush...I really do, but I can get the same effect from Benefit Coralista (which I already owned before I bought this). The color isn't the EXACT same, but close enough. NARS $25 / Benefit $28. I guess it depends on which you prefer.

I like both (and since I own both) I'll wear them until they're gone. Probably won't repurchase though.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2009 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Tantrical

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It looks a bit orange in the pan, which scared me off at first. However, when applied it is absolutely gorgeous. It's everything I always wanted MAC's "Melba" to be. LOVE IT!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2009 12:30:00 PM More reviews by uhohemmylou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I loved the color when I saw it on the shelf at Sephora and I just had to have it. I didn't know when I would wear it or whether or not I would really like it on my face (I just tested it on the back of my hand,) but I've had it for a few weeks now and I really like it so far! This blush has so much pigment and it really bright so I always make sure that I'm only using a tiny little bit. If you use to much you tend to look like a weird porcelain doll (esp. if you're a bit pale).

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2009 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Retailjunkie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it, love it, love it on my cheeks! However, use only a slight of hand when applying this...it is, after all, an extremely high-pigmented blush (or else risk looking like a doll gone horribly wrong). My pale skin really brightened and warmed up with this apricot coral concoction. I tried Orgasm before but the contrast on my skin just made it even more unnaturally pale.

Gilda is a great blush to go with a nice nude lipstick and smudged, lined eyes...

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2009 7:30:00 AM More reviews by natalia_cheng

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the colour of this but the first time I tried it on my hand I got a really weird rash with tiny bumps which has only just sort of healed.
I thought it could have been something else, seen I always try products on my hand so a couple of months later, I went back to try it on a clean patch on my hand but got the same weird rash almost immediately after.
Luckily I didn't try it on my face.
While I'm fine with Orgasm, Zen, Amour and Nico (the only other Nars blushes I have tried on my hand a face), this one had a really strange effect on me.
Other than that, I love Nars blushes and this colour.