Maybelline Full 'N Soft Mascara Waterproof

3.9

Petroleum Distillates, C8 9 Isoparaffin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Water (Aqua), Synthetic Beeswax, Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Propylene Carbonate, Polyvinyl Laurate, Silica, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Methylparaben, Isoceteth 20, Lecithin, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl/Methacrylate Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, 2 Oleamido 1,3 Octadecanediol, Simethicone, Diazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, May Contain (+/-):, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Carmine (CI 75470) (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77299 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide)

on 11/20/2013 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i like the idea of my lashes look full and feel soft. too bad on me it didnt give me so much fullness, but yes my lashes feel soft. i like mascara that gives me more dramatic result. this one is ok for everyday use.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I have to admit that this is not the most eye catching out of all the Maybelline mascaras with a gray/silver tube and simple black lettering (which is why it will get a three for packaging), but don't let that fool you into thinking that it is no good at all. In fact, Full 'N Soft provides several benefits such as:

1.) It darkens lashes
2.) It adds length
3.) It holds a curl
4.) It does not flake

However, this mascara is not as smuge resistant as it claims. By the end of an ten+ hour school day (FYI: I wake up at 5:00 a.m so I can catch my bus at 6 and then if I don't have any meetings or extraciricular activities I get to my bus stop around 2 to then walk to my house), I have a raccon eye going on. Also, this mascara forms tiny little clumps if I try to add more than two coats to my lashes that I fix by running a brow comb through it.

Overall, it was a good value for the inexpensive price but I don't think I will repurchase because this certainly won't last through wet weather or any physical activities that causes you to sweat.

on 11/14/2013 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Looked lovely on application. Alas it smudged by midday.

on 11/7/2013 7:08:00 PM

My HG mascara. I'm a makeup junkie with no brand loyalty whatsoever, but I never go anywhere without a spare tube of Full 'n Soft handy. I would cry if they discontinued it.

I have fine, straight lashes that are easily weighed down by clumpy formulas or will form three giant lashes with the wrong brand. With the help of a lash curler, Full n Soft keeps my lashes full and curled all day long. It layers well, especially after a couple uses, and never gets clumpy even as you build on it.

on 11/4/2013 9:10:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

This mascara does live up to its name. It's soft and full, but more so if you use more than one coat. It holds a curl better than anything I've ever used and it survives tears without running or flaking. If you sleep with it on it will hold the curl, but there will be a bit of flaking right under the eyes. If you wear it in the shower the curl will go and there will be some flaking. My preferred method of getting it off is hot water combined with makeup remover. It doesn't come off in two seconds, but again this is waterproof. This mascara has become one of my favorites.

on 11/3/2013 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I flat out don't like this.

I find that it did nothing to add volume to my lashes. Now, it did leave them fairly soft but that was it. There are so many products out there that are better for long, thick lashes.

on 11/2/2013 10:11:00 PM

The formula and bushy, but not too bushy, brush are good for my sparse, thin, asian lashes. No clumps or smudging, and leaves my eyes more noticeable. This mascara is good for a done up daytime look, may be good for a night time look if you pile it on but I haven't tried to do that yet. Best Maybelline (or any other brand of) mascara I have used so far. Next time I might try the non-waterproof one just so I can have a more gentler mascara that washes off quicker with less lash loss. Not sure if that one will smudge.

on 11/1/2013 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I used to really enjoy this mascara.

I like this better than Lancome Hypnose. I use with Dior Lash Pumping serum and it looks like I have falsies on. Doesn't clump and makes lashes really full and long. They really are soft too. I just recently tried Jordana and think the two are VERY similar, except the Jordana isn't waterproof.

Both of these are amazing mascaras

on 10/30/2013 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This mascara worked perfectly for me over the summer. It holds true to the waterproof claim. I love the way my lashes look with this mascara. It separates and adds volume -- not too much length tho. My only complaint about this mascara is the smell. Not that anyone will be smelling my eyes, but oh my goodness --- I feel like I am back in Biology Lab when I apply this mascara -- the scent is so strong that it reminds me of formaldehyde. Bleh! But I can get past the smell because it does work nice on the lashes.

on 10/12/2013 10:44:00 PM

Update-
I been using this mascara for about three months and this mascara smudged at first but after the formula dried up a little it stopped smudging. It still does not hold a curl however it does make my lashes appear longer and more volume.

I bumped this up to 3 lippies. Not bad for an $8 mascara but still searching for my hg.

First month of use-
I do not like this mascara because it does not hold a curl and it smudges after about 5-6 hours of wear. Towards the end of the day I have raccoon eyes- not pretty. I have asian lashes that are medium length and I need a mascara that could hold a curl and would not smudge. It gives me a descent amount of volume and very little length. Since this is a cult favorite I thought I would love it. I am still on the search for my HG mascara. My HG was the lash stylist that is now DC. I hope they bring the lash stylist back. It turned my lashes into false looking ones- holds a curl like it's nobody's business and it never smudges on me. And the drama and the length it gives- oh have mercy- please bring back lash stylist Maybelline. Your other mascaras are not working for me.