Revlon Vixen

4.3

*PIC* I like Revlon nail polishes because they are 3 big-free (that is, they don't containg dibutyl phthalate (DBP), formaldehyde nor toluene) and they are affordable, altough in general I have some problems with application. I use Mavala 002 base, two coats of colour and then Sally Hansen's InstaDri as a top coat. I haven't experienced chipping problems (my manis never last longer than 2-3 days anyway because I remove at the very firts sign of tip wear).

This is a dark, ripe, yummy cherry red, creme finish. It's as dark as it can get without looking black. I work in a rather conservative environment and wear it to the office (I think I can do it because I wear really short nails and dress rather conservative). For some reason, i feel this is a color for autumm-winter, not spring-summer (season of the year, that is). Be warned, this is difficult to remove (as all dark colors are, ime) and will stain your nails if you don't use a base coat.

I said I won't repurchase because it's unlikely I will run out.. and if I do I will probably prefer to try another shade.

edited 18/nov/2008: i did my mani with vixen last night and must absolutely update to say how yummy, beautiful this shade is. Another point for Revlon: their formula doesn't go bad even if you have had the bottle around for a long while. Who said drugstore brands are underperformers? end of edit

ro for pics, please.

continued >>

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have repurchased this several times. It's a beautiful dark, 'vampy' red-burgandy color. I use this on my toes all the time. The staying power is amazing for such a cheap nailpolish. I have to fend my friends off - they love to steal it. With a good topcoat this polish can last for 2 weeks on my toes. I will continue to repurchase! Apparently it looks like Chanel Vamp - I will stick with this! The brush doesn't suck that bad either! I love OPI's prowide brush and it has spoiled me - but this brush isn't bad at all.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This color first came out in the mid-90's, in the wake of "Pulp Fiction" and the whole "Vamp" craze. Total knockoff and great for us poor girls. So I bought some and wore it on my fingernails to work, and this cute guy asked me, "Is that Vamp?" and I said, "No, it's Vixen" and that snappy comeback got me a terrific sexy cool boyfriend. So this nailpolish will hold a dear, dear place in my heart forever. I don't do my fingernails any more, but it's almost always on my toes and I get lots of complements on it. Sometimes I'd like to try something brighter, but I'm a very pale-skinned blonde type who wears a lot of black so this dark red/brown/black color suits my style the most.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this polish! A friend of mine glanced at my toes recently and went immediately out to buy Chanel Vamp. I had to laugh at her--Vixen is a gorgeous color at a great price. Score!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Fortunately for my wallet, Revlon lasts a great long time on my short nails. So I can really enjoy the color on my tips for a while. During the cooler months, I gravitate towards the deep, rich, vampy colors that add some warm drama and pizazz to an otherwise cool, steel blue day.

Vixen is a beautiful, rich burgandy with hits of reds and browns. There is no sparkle or shimmer to this nailpolish; it is a straight up cream. The brush distributes the polish evenly, the polish dries pretty quickly (for a regular polish), and all I need are two coats. Usually the polish keeps its shine until I take it off (at the sign of the first chip, which is around the 4th or 5th day).

The definite thumbs up for this staple winter color.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am 55 and remember wearing black polish in my 20's and so I loved this because from a distance it looks black. I think it looks sexy and stylish. I am not a fan of Revlon polish and prefer Chanel for the shine and chip resistance but this was only $4.00 at Target so I grabbed it.
I like wearing my nails short and this color would look so wrong on anything but short nails. It would go from looking hip to sleezy.
This is streaky and chippy polish but is OK for the few months I will be wearing it.
I am a pale skinned blond and it looks fantastic on me.

I got this because I heard it's similar to the cult classic Vamp. I've never seen vamp but I guess I like to buy things that are popular. This is an okay polish-average staying power and a bit streaky, which can be fixed with a few coats. The colour doesn't go very nicely with my Asian skintone, but I'm sure it is a great fall colour for others.

Iíve had this nailpolish in my possession for a few years . . . a little after Chanel came out with Vamp. I had never bothered using it because I had planned to give it to a friend, but then somehow forgot or something rather. I applied it the other day in anticipation of Halloween and well, Iím pretty glad I ďconveniently forgotĒ to gift this to my friend. Itís a deep deep, almost bordering on brown, but not quite maroon. No frost to it, just strictly shine. Very sexy for such an occasion as Halloween or just everyday wear. It might be a tad too vampy for a conservative work environment, but itís a great alternative to the usual bright apple red. The longevity of this naipolish is as good as OPI with a base and topcoat Ė which I always do. I have to apply two generous layers to get the nice opaque color as shown in the bottle. Beautiful just beautiful. This is coming from someone who very very rarely wears nail polish. If I ever ran out of this and I doubt I will, I will repurchase. But must I say, kudos to Revlon! After the many years of owning this, itís still in great usable condition.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This product is alright. It was a nice color and thats what attracted me but it was a little too dark for me. I wanted to try out something like this versus the brighter shades or red im used to, but it just didnt work for me. The application was okay although it wasnt too strong. If you like these types of dark shades it may work for you, but I ended up giving the bottle away.

Love this color. One coat gives you a nice lighter red (not blue based IMO, but still looks nice with my super pale, cool undertoned skin) - 2 or 3 coats gives you a dark vampy deep red that's really beautiful. I don't have a problem with streakiness, & i actually prefer a small brush so I can get in the corners. Using a topcoat is necessary, since it does tend to chip, but i've yet to find a polish that doesn't. Will repurchase....