August 27, 2014 | 984 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Naked Lunch

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Sleekel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was never a fan of Mac eye shadows. I tried them years ago and I didn't find them that good. It must have been my "art" at the time because I am after buying a quad palette and I love them!!
Naked Lunch is the base colour I chose and it is really pretty and a great base Color. In my skin it gives a hint of champaign pinkish shimmer to it which is very nice in the lid, brow bone and really amazing to use for blending the darker eye shadows. The trail is always quite natural and I cannot see the colour changes as it really blends them.
I will definitely repurchase this shadow.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by onar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I like it very much but i think that i really have to dig my brush into it. I think it will end up very soon! But really lovely for everyday use!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2012 1:15:00 PM More reviews by sarag918

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a very pretty color, but I basically have to dig my brush into it to get any color! It felt very hard and it isn't even anymore. It has a bumpy texture.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2012 1:09:00 PM More reviews by limeyNYC

First i would like to point out that i am in my late thirties, blonde hair, blue eyed with a fair (but not necessarily alabaster skin) - i'd say Kate Hudson/Gweneth Paltrow.

So, at the Mac counter, this eyeshadow looked divine!! On my finger there was a high pigmented, wonderously silky frosted pale pink with a hint of champagne - lovely.

However, when i got it home and tried in on my bar lid, it barely shows. You don't see any of the pink, but rather a faint pale champagne sheen that looks slightly like shine but is devoid of pigment. No matter how much product i used, i couldn't get any color whatsoever plus is kind of make my eyelids look unsmooth and scaley.

Keep in mind that its winter so i'm pale, so it might look better for me in summer and would definately show up on a darker complexion.

For reference, I absolutely ADORE Jest and Phloof which show up beautifully on my eye lids, but Naked Lunch is invisible on my skin.

Will not buy again. Will try again in summer but will likely give it away.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2012 12:49:00 AM More reviews by antynette

I bought this at a MAC warehouse sale in one of the 4 dollar bins (that's why I rated it dirt cheap due to circumstances) and maybe it was a bad pot or something but I just really don't like this shadow. I can never get it to show up on my skin, the only way I can use this is to put a white base and PACK on the colour, or else I might as well be wearing nothing. I've used it over paint pots, NYX jumbo pencils bla bla bla list goes on. Sigh, I guess it just wasn't meant to be. I was disappointed because people were scrounging looking for that one particular shadow so I thought I'd give it a shot. I didn't put this as a worst just because I do have a use for it by putting it on my lid with the white base and using a brown crease colour, but I can do that with any pink shadow so this one isn't so special. I won't repurchase because that means spending CDN $14.50 on something I wouldn't even pay 2 dollars for.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Ricksgirl32

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't care for this color too much,it was foundationy-looking =(
just didn't work with my skin tone but,it is super soft and easy to apply!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous all over lid color. It's a light, natural pink with a light shimmery frost. I love wearing this for days where I just want simple makeup.

Edit (3/9/14):
Originally I said that I would not repurchase this product but I change my mind. This color is ridiculously gorgeous when paired up with purple toned eyeshadows in the crease or outer V. My faves being mains sketch, embark and Swiss chocolate.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by nmhidi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Naked Lunch! I can't believe it took me so long to finally purchase it! This has become my HG shadow for low-makeup days, when I just wear MSFN, some blush, and I swipe Naked Lunch over the lid. This shadow is great for a more dramatic look too. I am NW15 and this looks like my natural skintone with a bit of shimmer. It is comparable to Brule, but not matte. The shadow lasts long, especially when I use it over a paint pot. I really love this shadow, I am very close to hitting pan and I have only had it for a few months! Great every-day neutral!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by luna2012

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

nw 20 for reference. its frosty and almost invisible on me which is good in this case as frosty colors accentuate my "wrinkly" eyelids (due to skin's texture). its not like phloof "discoball" but still you get a bit of frosty pinkish beige shimmer which is suitable for a day time look or a night time look. although its my second naked lunch i dont know if i would repurchase it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 12:24:00 PM More reviews by ceen

Ever so slightly pinky-peach-beige neutral with subtle sheen, which acts as ideal lower lid base wash for subdued daytime looks.