August 30, 2014 | 1805 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2008 11:43:00 PM More reviews by mivums

I got a sample of this at Sephora and at first I was sort of disappointed to waste my 100 point sample on it (well, maybe I still am, but less so...heh) because I figured it was just another intensive moisturizer. However, on using it I think it'll end up being one of my favorites.

I have a lot of moisturizers (so many probably half of mine are in my closet so I don't seem obsessive) but part of it is that while some areas need really intensive moisture, I don't like how long it takes some of them to dry or their residue (eucerin particularly; it takes forever to absorb. A lot of the time I end up wiping off the excess). However, Yu-Be absorbs very quickly and the area instantly feels smoother. While there is a slight residue (which I only notice on my fingers after a lot of applications) it's more of a smooth, slightly waxen (not in an unpleasant way) one. I don't use very much of it in one area so I haven't minded the smell very much.

I would buy it again but probably not as much as I'd like to due to the price. I'll probably just end up using it on areas that I'm too impatient to use petroleum jelly on.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2008 7:40:00 PM More reviews by dysphoricmango

Love this cream! I bought the tube to put in my purse and it's the cutest little tube ever! It comes out yellow and smells like camphor but the smell dissipates quickly. (I personally don't mind the smell anyway.) IYou can also use it on your feet, face, and lips. Unlike other creams, this leaves no oily residue, just soft, soft hands! The brochure that came with it spoke about a woman who climbed Mt. Everest with a tube strapped to her boot. Will definitely repurchase when I run out. I have already bookmarked their website. Yay for Yu-be!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2008 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Swiftyriver

I have PCT (Porphyria cutanea tarda) and the skin on my hands and legs is extremely sensitive to everything. This skin cream soothes the pain, burning, itching and blisters from PCT without exacerbating the problems (most skin creams only make the symptoms worse). My skin is softened and calmed by the Yu-Be. The redness I usually have practically disappears when I use Yu-Be. The smell IS medicine-y (like Vick's Vapo-Rub, as others have noted) but only for a few minutes. Besides the benefits for my skin condition, this cream has also made my dry, scaly elbows soft and smooth, and my cuticles are looking great. I plan on buying more to keep some stashed in my purse and desk, as well as at home!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2008 7:08:00 AM More reviews by karinc713

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is seriously a must have for those of us who suffer from dry skin. I used it once on my poor dry rough feet that was callused from wearing flip flops w/ a bamboo sole. After one use, the disgusting callus was gone! the best thing about this stuff is that it's not greasy, absorbs right away, is so softening, locks in moisture and heals dry patches immediately. I love this! you can use it as a foot cream, hand cream, for dry patches on face, as a lip balm and as an ointment for irritation... I will definitely buy more and this will be a savior during the winter. My feet looks so much better thanks to this! the smell doesn't bother me. it fades quickly. this is better than arden's 8 hr cream , vaseline,or even kiehl's intensive treatment for dry and callused areas. I found this tube at sephora.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2008 9:07:00 PM More reviews by LucySnow

I received a sample tube of this with a beautyhabit.com order. The directions say it can be used for chapped lips. I've been using it on my lips for the past month and it really keeps my lips moisturized, even in the cold Canadian winter. Too bad my sample is all used up now. I might buy a full-size tube or jar to try out on my feet, elbows, etc. too.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2008 3:48:00 AM More reviews by alal

Phew, beware if you're sensitive to fragrance. This smells very! strongly of camphor and menthol. Moisturizing properties of the hand cream were ok but not as good as other products w/higher glycerin in them like L'Annine (which also smells better too). Goes on slightly thick and greasy and gradually sinks in. Wouldn't repurchase at that size and price for this product. There's a lot of other creams that work much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2007 5:55:00 PM More reviews by dragonfly_red

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been looking for a non greasy, very moisturizing and unscented hand cream for at least 3 years. The climate I live in is dry most of the year and I really need to apply a hand cream 2-3 times a day. Most of the times I was buying creams with shea butter. They work well and definitely relief dryness, but a). they leave my hands greasy for at least half an hour; b). they smell. I am a big perfume lover and do not want to wear hand cream clashing in it's scent with my carefully picked fragrance. So, Yu-be fixed all my problems. It has a strong medicinal smell which lasts only for 5 min. or so and then it's completely gone. It completely absorbs by my skin without leaving a greasy layer on them and my hands look their best. Yu-be is wonderul!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2007 1:07:00 AM More reviews by tantalumgirl

I bought this product after reading the rave reviews. Maybe I'm not the best person to comment on this because I don't have severely dry skin or eczema, but all I can say is "meh". It does have an interesting texture because of the glycerin base, it feels to me like a silicone based cream would. The medicinal smell is not bad and dissapates rapidly. I have been using it on my feet, my driest area, overnight with my Bliss spa socks. It's not awful, but it's not the best thing I have ever used either (that would be a lotion with 10% urea, any of several brands). The best use I have found for this is on my lips, it makes an excellent, if expensive, lip balm. Would not repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2006 2:31:00 PM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What is it with the Japanese and their genius products? I have tried everything under the sun for my dry, scaly elbows and NOTHING worked. Until I absentmindedly rubbed a sample of this onto them (as I do with creams whenever I'm at a beauty supply store) and noticed that my elbows instantly felt silkier! I use this once a day, at night, a dab at a time and ... no more dry, scaly elbows! I also adore the packaging, not only is the tube cute and Japanese-y but the cap snaps in so you know it's on tight. This is expensive but a little goes a long way and it's worth it. Yes, it does have a camphor smell but to be honest I use so little I don't really notice it. It doesn't bother me in the way that it did with the Elizabeth Arden 12-hour stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2004 2:47:00 PM More reviews by dazee

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I RIS a sample tube of this and after reading the insert which makes it sound almost like a miracle, I thought I'd try it on my worst area, the bottom of my feet. At first I wasn't too impressed with it, it just seemed ordinary. After a few days however, I noticed my feet were soooo soft, and it was really healing, especially the dry cracked areas! I'm sold now! This is more for your worst areas, it's creamy, but like an ointment, I acutally like the aroma, it's not overpowering and doesn't last, so it's fine. They say to use it sparingly, I started out doing just that, but found I needed a little more, not gobs, this is not the kind of cream or lotion you would slather on all over. I've been searching and searching for something that would work for my feet, and I think this is it!!! You can request a free sample from their webiste (or your nearest retailer) and give it a try.