December 21, 2014 | 1784 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 7:30:00 PM More reviews by kimchimochi

Love this stuff, but in the US it's ridiculously overpriced. In Asia, it's a drugstore product. I recently went to Taiwan and bought some there for about $10.50 for the large tub size plus a bonus purse tube; in Japan I'd imagine it's even cheaper. I'd suggest anyone who wants some buy it from overseas; $24 for a tub is outrageous. Just be aware that in Asia it's sold under its original name "YuSkin A". (The manufacturer's website states that Yu-Be is the name they sell the product under in the US only.)

In any case, it's an excellent moisturizer. I use it on my feet, hands, cuticles, and it's the best lip conditioner I've found. I put a bit on my lips at night, and in the morning I slough off an entire layer of dead white skin, leaving my lips super soft. And a little bit goes a long way, so a tub lasts a really long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2009 8:32:00 AM More reviews by maximopark

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I agree this product is ridiculously expensive in the UK/US but if you can manage to get it shipped over from Japan, as i did, it is sooo cheap i got a fairly large tub for about 5.
Anyway i highly recommend this product for anyone with sensitive skin, this was an absolute LIFESAVER for me when i had the worst allergic reaction to benzyl peroxide ever. i looked like a puffer fish and my skin was blistered all over, i tried hydrocortisone cream but it did nothing so i smothered this on and my skin recovered quickly, it is truely amazing stuff.
I now use it on my cheeks in winter or on my lips... anywhere reallly! highly recommend this stuff!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/21/2008 3:36:00 AM More reviews by maconmyface

While this isn't a bad product, it is WAY overpriced for what it does. Unless $25 doesn't really make a dent in your wallet, I would skip this and pick up some Vaseline. This smells strongly of camphor, which isn't pleasant to me. It really does nothing more for me than plain old Vaseline. I strongly regret this purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2008 9:33:00 PM More reviews by dharbo

I actually like the scent of camphor, to me its very comforting so it wasn't a problem for me. It is strong at first, though. This is non greasy and absorbs pretty quickly and the scent also disappears quickly too. I'm always searching for a good hand cream that I don't have to continuosly apply over and over, with this I don't. I've only had it literally 2 days and am sooo in love with it that once I'm done I am going back for more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 12:27:00 PM More reviews by cranberry7

I am soo impressed with this product. It really delivers. I tend to have dry elbows and I have tried numerous creams, lotions, body butters, etc. This works the best on them. Definitely a new staple.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2008 5:49:00 PM More reviews by maan84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I received a generous sample of this moisturizing skin cream. This moisturizer is glycerin-based enriched with vitamin E, B2 and camphor.

This stuff smells like camphor, I don't like the smell at all. It has a salve/cream consistency and is a light orange color when it comes out of the tube. Though no color shows up once applied.
It absorbs pretty well and yes, it is moisturizing. I used it mostly on hands, lips and face (on dry spots). Because of the bad scent and the hefty price tag I wouldn't buy a full size product of Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream.

To sum it up, this is just an average cream. I don't understand the hype. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2008 10:37:00 AM More reviews by pmnixa

Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream is an ointment for dry skin that is from Japan. I got a sample from Sephora and used it on my nose that was sore from having a cold, and it really helped heal and protect it, and fast (overnight). It's glycerin based and has a bit of camphor and vitamins. The camphor gives a little tingle, but it's not very strong and goes away after a few minutes. It has a rich, whipped consistency and it's light yellow (supposely from the natural color of one of the vitamins). I think this is great for chapped skin and other skin problems but not for maintaining moisture on otherwise healthy skin. (too strong for that). To me it's similar to Aquaphor - I would use it instead of that product. I like it better because it's not petroleum based and has vitamins so it seems like it's better for your skin. Only gripe is it's a tad expensive ($24 for a 2.75 oz jar) but a little goes a long way.

Update: Used this on my 2- month old son's face - he had dry rough skin and some red bumps from that. Aquaphor didn't help it but after a few days Yu-Be helped heal his skin!

Some information from yu-be.com on the product:

INGREDIENT BENEFITS:
Glycerin - Natural "Humectant" attracts and retains moisture in the skin, making it softer.
Vitamin E - Natural anti-oxidant and skin protector.
Vitamin B2 - Helps to smooth rough or damaged skin - also gives Yu-Be it's natural yellow color.
Camphor - Helps soothe minor skin irritations and improves blood circulation - mild scent dissapears in minutes leaving skin feeling healthy.

COMPLETE LIST OF INGREDIENTS:
Glycerin, Water, Isopropyl Myristate, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Triethanolamine, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Camphor, Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Hydrogenated coco-glycerides, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 80, EDTA, Methylparaben

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2008 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Cherub573

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My first impression of this cream was actually not that great. I sampled it in the store, and hated the smell on my hands, not to mention it didn't feel like it was very moisturizing. I later received a free sample with an online order. I didn't want to waste it, and read that it could be used on lips... so I tried it. You only need a little bit, I don't recommend putting alot because it feels gooey and camphor doesn't taste too great. It won't feel very thick, but IT WORKS (at least for me). If my lips have been a little neglected and feel chapped or dry, I put this on overnight. It sinks in really fast, almost feels like there's nothing on my lips, but any dry skin softens and rolls off easily by the next morning and my lips are smooth and comfortable! My boyfriend also complained one time that his lips were cracked and hurt. He tried to use one of my Lip Smackers, but it stung his lips because it has alcohol. I told him to use some of the Yu-Be - no stinging, and his lip was healed overnight. I have used Blistex, Carmex, Vaseline, Aquaphor, and Burt's Bees when my lips were especially chapped, and none of them worked as well as the Yu-Be for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2008 11:43:00 PM More reviews by mivums

I got a sample of this at Sephora and at first I was sort of disappointed to waste my 100 point sample on it (well, maybe I still am, but less so...heh) because I figured it was just another intensive moisturizer. However, on using it I think it'll end up being one of my favorites.

I have a lot of moisturizers (so many probably half of mine are in my closet so I don't seem obsessive) but part of it is that while some areas need really intensive moisture, I don't like how long it takes some of them to dry or their residue (eucerin particularly; it takes forever to absorb. A lot of the time I end up wiping off the excess). However, Yu-Be absorbs very quickly and the area instantly feels smoother. While there is a slight residue (which I only notice on my fingers after a lot of applications) it's more of a smooth, slightly waxen (not in an unpleasant way) one. I don't use very much of it in one area so I haven't minded the smell very much.

I would buy it again but probably not as much as I'd like to due to the price. I'll probably just end up using it on areas that I'm too impatient to use petroleum jelly on.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2008 7:40:00 PM More reviews by dysphoricmango

Love this cream! I bought the tube to put in my purse and it's the cutest little tube ever! It comes out yellow and smells like camphor but the smell dissipates quickly. (I personally don't mind the smell anyway.) IYou can also use it on your feet, face, and lips. Unlike other creams, this leaves no oily residue, just soft, soft hands! The brochure that came with it spoke about a woman who climbed Mt. Everest with a tube strapped to her boot. Will definitely repurchase when I run out. I have already bookmarked their website. Yay for Yu-be!