July 31, 2014 | 1717 users online

Shampoo - John Frieda - Brilliant Brunette Shine Release Moisturizing Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2009 6:55:00 AM More reviews by OanaB

I use both the shampoo and the conditioner from this range every day, like them a lot. My hair is fine and naturally shiny, but it could do with a bit more volume. I think these products do just that, as opposed to other moisturising shampoos that tend to flatten the hair. It has a chocolatey smell that lasts in my hair. I only wish it would be cheaper, since it takes me back almost 20 Euro for both (in Boots).

EDIT: Since my review I have stopped using this because I decided to give up products that contain sulphates (Sodium Laureth Sulphate) and preservatives. I am now using the Naked range, the shampoos are very mild and the conditioners are silicone free.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2009 5:56:00 PM More reviews by xPollyPocketx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I didn't notice this shampoo made my hair shiny or enrich my color.
I although, unlike any other shampoo I've ever used, when I rinsed it out, my hair felt nice and soft, opposed to feeling hard like I had just sprayed a whole can of hairspray in it.
that's how it usually feels with others.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2009 3:11:00 PM More reviews by CherylA

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have medium dark brown hair. I color every 3-4 months. My hair is fine but thick and a little wavy, shoulder length has a tendency to be dry.

I didn't give it the worst because I loved the smell and lather.

Pro's:
1.The smell (is yummy) like cocoa or nuts or something.
2. The lathering, very sudsy.
3. You can tell which is the shampoo and which is the conditioner without your glasses on in the shower!!

Con's
1. I had an allergic reaction. Sneezing, itchy watery eyes, runny nose.
2. Made my hair a little dry and flyaway and as another reader said a little 'poofy'.
3. No noticeable shine, a little duller possibly.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2009 1:33:00 AM More reviews by tifferifficxo

i didn't notice anything different in the color of my hair. it never brought out any natural highlights or whatever it claims to do. just another basic, "okay" shampoo in my book. but the smell is lovely though.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2008 1:28:00 AM More reviews by resco

Using this product keeps my hair sexy and shiny. However, Brilliant Brunette does not make my hair soft and silky. As the product does not hydrate, it does not deliver that luscious, touchable texture for which we all crave. Thus, this shampoo provides only the illusion of softness; nevertheless, the resulting appearance is simply gorgeous. I love the definition and radiance it gives my hair. Also, the shampoo leaves my hair with a fantastic, lasting smell. The scent is lightly fruity with expresso; it is absolutely divine. So, I recommend this product if you are looking for shiny hair, but definitely not if you want a well-moisturized mane.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2008 8:57:00 PM More reviews by 0heather0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is way too harsh on my very fine hair. After two uses, my hair feels really stripped and dry with no shine. Also, it makes my hair a lot more frizzy/poofy. It's just way too harsh for fragile hair. (But the matching moisturizing conditioner is my HG!)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2008 9:50:00 AM More reviews by rosemerry56

Love this! Along with the moisturizing conditioner, I've seen a nice improvement in my dark brown hair. And all from a DS brand, who would've thought? This coming from someone who always bought the high end brands that my (former) hair stylist pushed on me. Love the smell, love the shine, love that I get it BOGO when it goes on sale!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2008 7:05:00 PM More reviews by diorandvuitton

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So..my hair tends to get super dry at times and is super dark in color. I am super pale in skin wise. This sometimes initiates a "hi, do you have a pulse?" greeting. So..I wanted a nice warm, moisture enriching shampoo and conditioner set for my hair. Mr. Frieda didn't have the Blacker Than The Ace Of Spades shade, so I choose the Brilliant Brunette line in the Espresso-Nutmeg range. I figured it would be close enough. Incredible. One, the moisture with this and the matching conditioner really wins with me. Not so moisturizing that it's grease inducing. Not iffy moisturizing either. Juuuust right. Wonderful smell too. Two, it makes my darken hair...so shiny and I swear...and maybe I'm seeing things..put a tinge of lightness within my hair that it gives off a rich deep brunette nut-like glisten. Just a lovely and effective shampoo/conditioner set. I definately give this 2 boney-pale thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2008 9:36:00 PM More reviews by HePaintsMeBlue

Before I begin: my hair is very fine but I have lots of it, it tends to get dry with greasy roots, and it's curly/wavy.

Something has been telling me to try this conditioner for months even though I had strong doubts about it because I have disliked other John Frieda products. It was really bugging me, so I finally decided to just try it to get it out of the way so I could try something better. (I've tried pretty much every conditioner -- every drugstore brand, many salon brands.)
I couldn't believe how awesome my hair felt after this. This conditioner makes it so soft, smooth and healthy feeling -- not coated, not slick, not that plastic-y silicone feeling, just very light, soft, smooth, completely healthy and natural, like a young child's hair. I've never experienced this with a conditioner before; even the conditioners that I've really liked have felt artificial.
I didn't notice an alteration in my color per se, but it does make my hair bright, very healthy and vibrant.

Loving this! It's now an HG along with Redken All-Soft.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2008 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Mrsgater

I used this shampoo and conditioner after I switched my hair fom blond to brown. My hair quickly faded back to an orangey brown and felt really bad. I do love the scent so instead of tossing it away I use it for my toddlers bath.