Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex [REFORMULATED]

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex [REFORMULATED]

water, bifida ferment lysate, methylgluceth-20, PEG-75, butylene glycol, bis-PEG-18 methyl ether dimethyl silane, arabidopsis thaliana extract, tripeptide-32, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, lactobacillus ferment, cola acuminata extract, retinyl palmitate, pantethine, caffeine, glycereth-26, sodium RNA, squalane, oleth-3 phosphate, oleth-3, oleth-5, bisabolol, choleth-24, ceteth-24, hydrogenated lecithin, anthemis nobilis, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, xanthan gum, tea-carbomer, trisodium EDTA, BHT, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, benzyl alcohol, green 5, yellow 5, and red.
This product has been re-formulated under the new name: Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II. Please find reviews for this product here:

on 11/10/2013 11:06:00 PM

As a guy on MuA, skincare is more important than makeup. That's what I have more knowledge in, and where I can be of greater help.

I got a deluxe sample size of this serum (Synchronized Recovery Complex II) as a gift with purchase and decided to try it during a recent trip. The ingredients looked nice enough to replace my usual products, which ironically costs much less. Actually, I should mention that Estee Lauder is one of the few high end brands whose skincare items I do not immediately toss away. Yes Shiseido, I'm talking about u Babe.

I liked it. I applied it in the morning despite the name, before my sunscreen, right after my BHA. It has a slightly sticky fluid gel texture that doesn't leave any shine and has a faint sweet cherry scent. I attributed it to the different natural ingredients. Thankfully, It absorbed quickly and did not affect the application of my sunscreen in any negative way, even when I applied it right away.

So.. I did finish the sample... Did I notice a difference?.. Not that much. It's been a while that I take care of my skin and honestly did not expect this serum to be a miracle product. But I'm aware that some very good ingredients are in there and they do help, I have no doubt. The packaging is nice as well.. hygienic, sturdy, and efficient.

My main criticism is the price. I know of several other products that are just as good - if not better - and cost much less. In fact, if I shop smartly I can put together a complete skincare regimen with the cost of just this one product. So, I couldn't possibly justify a purchase. With so many options available nowadays I would never have to spend more than $25 on a single item especially after considering sales.

But I do recommend this serum if you are having difficulties finding a serum with a suitable texture, or simply enjoy spending some extra money on yourself. We do live in a material world.

on 11/10/2013 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I really wanted this to work for me; however, my skin just didn't like it but I am pretty certain that most people that tried this would fall in love with it. GET A SAMPLE and try it, please. I had tried the older version, and it was amazing. Dark spots disappeared, my skin felt soft and supple, and I just RADIATED. I stopped using it because I was really just too poor to purchase it (thank you, college!). I had the same thing happen with this formula... for a week. Then, I began breaking out. I was wondering if it was an external factor (stress, hormones?) so I tried it again. I broke out, YET AGAIN. I am terrified because I'm not quite sure I will find something that was so amazing as the original formula.

THAT being said, I have had success using this as a spot treatment. I am guessing that the clarifying element that was added is the culprit of my breakouts. It's probably just too strong for my acne-prone and very reactive skin. So, it's basically a very expensive spot treatment. Since I use so little of it now, I am betting that I will get a lot of use out of it.

on 11/7/2013 3:35:00 PM

This is HG! It works so well with really badly irritated skin i guess. I bought a 50ml bottle, but at that time i did not have any problems with my skin (just dryness from strong melbourne wind), so did not see much result from it. I put it back behind the shelves and started to test other products. My worst result was when I tried POD facial liquid tan and Creme de La Mer. I had horrible reactions. My cheeks turned into red, dry patches, white/red heads all over, itchy and burn. I tried everything in ella bache/priceline to calm my skin (intex 1&2/sobelen/cetaphil/extra relief cream/Billie goat milk moisturizer/100% aloe etc) but none of them works; just burnt my face more! I bought Aesop oil free serum because this did not harm my skin but it was not relieving (used 2weeks). So just last night I went and tried Estée Lauder night repair and OMG it calmed EVERTHiNG!!! I was cautious because this has dimethicone and could irritate my skin more, but after reading Paula's Choice reviews I gave a shot and it is the best!! Recomand for peopel who suffer chemically irritated skin like me. I am definitely purchasing again and again!

on 11/6/2013 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this serum, after 3 months of usage, my skin has never looked this nice, it smoothed out my skin and evened out my skintone, I really have no complaints other than the price which is rather steep, and I have clear skin, so if you suffer from breakouts, scars, etc. it may take two bottles to make a vast difference. When I run out of this bottle I will most likely buy another, just because I love how it leaves my skin. It's a bit drying but as long as you apply a decent moisturiser afterwards, it shouldn't be too bad.

on 11/3/2013 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I could definitely tell that my skin looked a little better. It made my skin tighter but I have to try it longer to see how it officially does on my face.

I have been testing new skin care products consistently now and I have given this a shot and will continue to try until I find my HG

on 11/2/2013 10:43:00 PM

I was excited to try this when a tiny sample came in a GWP recently. I used it with my Clinique DDML. This does absolutely nothing - no moisture, no line smoothing, no evenness - nada (and all this for almost $100 an ounce!)
Actually made my skin dry, similar effect to retin A dryness, except I also broke out from it. Glad I didn't have to pay for it and certainly won't be buying this.

on 11/2/2013 8:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Felt good and fresh the first few nights after using this, but afterwards... Didn't really do much.

on 11/2/2013 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure

I tried this and it really didn't do a lot for me

I have been using it at night for the last couple of weeks and I notice absolutely no difference. It does not affect my skin in a good or in a bad way. It just does nothing. Maybe I have to use it for a few months to notice the difference. The texture is a little too greasy-gooey for me even though it absorbs quickly.

I will not repurchase.

on 10/29/2013 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I really notice the difference this product made on the redness around my cheeks as well as dark spots from break outs. I have sensitive combination skin and was looking for something to help with the over all look and feel of my skin. This product worked great on both my oily T zone and my dry cheeks. I feel it gives my skin the perfect amount of moisture for the night. I would absolutely buy this product again despite the price tag I think that you really get what you pay for.

on 10/28/2013 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I wanted to like this classic but sadly made my skin more oily and sensitive. loved the dropper bottle. sadly finished this product and won't be purchasing again! came to the conclusion that Estee Lauder don't work for me!! : (

Popular Treatments (Face)