September 22, 2014 | 1976 users online

Scrubs - Neutrogena - Blackhead Eliminating Scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2008 4:19:00 AM More reviews by bunnypie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is called 'blackhead eliminating daily cleansing scrub', so I was thinking it would eliminate my blackheads, but what it did was to give me more blemishes and clogging my pores.
I was disappointed, and so I brought it back.
It might be good for other skin types which don't have acne, but for acne-prone and sensitive skin, I think this is not so great.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2008 3:33:00 AM More reviews by cail08

I love the way this leaves my face feeling clean and soft, It definitely has cleared up some of my blackheads, you just have to use it everyday and keep a firm regime going.
I've noticed a difference with the amount of whiteheads I get.. hardly any! it really is exciting for me.. I usually have 2 or 3 at a time... I've had about 1 small one this week. So I highly recommend trying this out for a month if you are having skin troubles.. good exfoliant & cleanser!
c.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2008 11:27:00 PM More reviews by sw33tp3adork

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this because I wanted a new scrub since I ran out of my other one..and i came across this at target..when i first used it..it was actually ok for my skin but as I used it more and more..my nose area became oilier and oilier and my blackheads were not going away or disappearing as I thought it should be..it actually made it a bit worse than before..
I have stopped using this and my skin is healing now..
would definitely not buy this again...

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2008 9:06:00 PM More reviews by perfectionist_virgo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm trying to remember where this has been in my stash? I think I am beginning to recover from the PJ tendencies, and am truly interested in sticking something out to see the results. Thus far, I've had a lot of breakthroughs only to end in disappointment. I either end of suffering from severe dryness or breaking out. Enter this scrub! I looked at some pics of myself from last year around Christmas time & I said, "wow, my skin was actually NICE". What was I using? It was this mainly! I've found this thing doesn't do so much for blackheads as it does acne is general for me. I need daily exfoiliation due to the oiliness of my skin. Dead cells pile up quickly! Anywhoo, this does a great job of getting rid of the old & effectively treating the new. As long as this keeps working, I'm sticking with it this time. <<< Update: Had a bad reaction to this the second go round. I believe my skin has become more sensitive.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2008 6:48:00 AM More reviews by estockburn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

All I can say is brilliant. My skin looked so much better after my first use and just keeps on getting better. It does not irritate my skin at all and always leaves my feeling fresh and very clean. Which is great as I have quite oily skin with blackheads.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2008 6:21:00 AM More reviews by floppy3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this scrub ! People who are complaining saying this doesn't clear acne . . . well it's not a miracle product but it DOES clear my blackheads, I don't use this all over my face, if I do it is only once a week, instead I use it every night after my normal cleansing and then just on my t-zone and it works a treat ! !

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2008 12:58:00 PM More reviews by emma90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I tried using this product to clear up the blackheads on my forehead, it may have lightened the spots but didnt completely remove them. + i was discouraged to see i was getting a few small pimples from it and even some more blackheads around and on my nose.
verrrry dissapointed, i kinda want my money back

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2008 11:12:00 PM More reviews by pilgr1m

This is a review for the CVS Brand knockoff Daily Blackhead scrub. I haven't tried the Neutrogena brand scrub as I love this one and it's a dollar or so cheaper.

My skin: oily acne prone t-zone and dry cheeks.

I actually like this scrub alot and I use it as my daily cleanser. It works pretty effectively, reducing blackheads but not eliminating them (I don't expect miracles here!). I got bored with it and tried some of Queen Helene's scrubs (finer beads but not enough acne fighting ingredients) and St. Ives Medicated Apricot scrub (and it's CVS knockoff) - giant skin ripping beads alert!! I seem to come back to this one.

It has beads that are in the middle w/ size - larger than Queen Helene's but smaller than the walnut shell particles used in both CVS and St. Ives Apricot Scrubs - and I really like it that way. Queen Helene - sand... St Ives - small pebbles lol. They remove excess dead skin and keep my skin texture pretty smooth without over drying it and leaving it tight and flaky.. while the 2% Salicylic acid keeps my pimples at bay. at $4-5, it's definitely worth a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2008 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Jennbenn2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have blackheads on my nose so I saw this product on the sale bin and decided to give it a try. I used it 4 or 5 times and then it went in the trash. It seemed to be an alright scrub but it did not help with the blackheads one bit like as it claimed it would.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2008 1:03:00 AM More reviews by aneffigy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

After using Neutrogena's Oil Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub and loving it for over a year, I decided to switch things up a bit. I tend to get blackheads on my nose, so I figured this might help clear those up. The first few days I used this it seemed a little harsh, especially compared to the Oil-Free. I've gotten used to it now, and usually my face does feel cleaner right after I use it, but I find that when I get out of the shower (where it currently resides as a tertiary scrub to my daily face regime) my pores feel like they're full of gunk. I also have the same problem others have had: it makes my cheeks, which are normally a little red to begin with, turn bright red. And I haven't seen any noticeable difference in regards to my blackheads. Won't be buying this again.