October 30, 2014 | 1635 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Georgia ] ] [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 4:36:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm on the fence with this one. I've probably swapped away then regretted and got it again at least once, possibly twice. Benefit did a makeover on me and used it as a finishing powder which I liked, but I tend to like it more in summer than winter due to the warm and slightly orange tones in this (I'm NC20-25) because other times it seems a bit too warm for me (maybe it's oxidizing? not sure), so it sits on the shelf once again and makes me wonder why I got it. I think perhaps it looks a bit more flat and matte on me than Dandelion does for some reason, so I tend to use that one a lot more. Either way, neither one are good as blush even if you are pale, they're better as highlighters and/or finishing powders. I may get this again if I can swap for it, but I won't actually purchase it again because it's far too pricey for what little it seems to do.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2010 7:49:00 AM More reviews by VickyS169318

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

i got this thinking it would be a lovely Blush for my pale skin.
    It is not a blush, the colour is so sheer and hardly noticable at all.
    It is best used on you face to brighten your skin tone, it also has a slight sheen which is good if you face is dull and matte.
    The packaging is good but i don't think the product is worth the price as it just doesn't show any colour on my face, maybe because the product is light and a similar colour to my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 10:03:00 AM More reviews by redmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Its has a very light peachy shade and a light glo. Also the scent is nice, but it doesn't hardly give any color. Just a little bit of a warm tone. If you are trying to find a peach blush forget about this one, but as a light face powder its ok.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2010 3:59:00 PM More reviews by nm1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I thank goodness for my inate frugality (ie. cheapness) that I thought twice about paying full price for this one. To be fair, it is a very quality item. Lovely packaging, nice shade of peach. Not an overwhelming amount of shine. More "glow" than "glitter".

But other than that I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO WITH THIS. I have headed the advice of fellow MUA-ers and not thought of it as a blush, applying it to my temples and bridge of my nose, a little around the jawline to empahasize bone structure and de-emphasize my double chin and some on the cheeks to add a glow. But I don not have a glow. I have peach skin. I am at a loss. Perhaps I will have an epiphany on this powder, but untill then it will stay on my vanity looking pretty and interesting while I stick with it's much less tempermental cousin, BeneFit Dandelion. Ta!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2009 10:31:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

You know, when I first bought this, I too thought it was supposed to be a blush. I'm very pale, and I thought it would be a nice, sheer, natural color that wouldn't overwhelm my face. Imagine my surprise when I realized that not only would it not overwhelm, it wouldn't show up at all! I put it away, because I couldn't bear to throw such an expensive product in the garbage.

Strangely enough, a couple of years later, it has become one of my favorite products and one that I consider indispensable.

It is NOT a blush.

It's a highlighter, an illuminator, an all over radiance powder....but definitely not a blush.

I use this yummy little product in a multitude of ways. I sweep it over products that have good color quality but are too matte (when you get older, products that are too matte can make you look chalky and lifeless). I dust it down the center of my rather snub nose to give it the illusion of being longer and more slender than it really is. I dust it on the tops of my cheekbones as a subtle highlighter. I use it all over my face to give a nice, diffuse glow. I dab a little beneath my brow bone and at the corners of my eyes when I need a little extra brightness but don't want to look too made up.

The texture is very silky, the scent is delicious, and one box will last forever, so the cost is really more economical than you think. I bought a $30 Smashbox illuminator that was not only a horrible product, but vanished in about two weeks.

This is really a perfect all-purpose product for very fair skinned ladies.

Did I mention that its NOT a blush??

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2009 10:13:00 PM More reviews by KatieLuvsLife1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Even tho this goes on very sheer i actually love this box blush! (If you can call it a blush, it is more of a powder concealer in my opinion!) At first i was thinking "what the heck is this, it isn't doing anything i look the same!!!" but then my mom noticed that my skin was looking amazing... in her words "wow, your skin looks so.... glowy....what did you do???" so i am sold. i realized the second time i tried this Benefit Georgia that it works very well as a all over face powder, especially when i buffed it into my cheeks and my temples it really made me glow. I would recommend adding a blush or bronzer on top to finish it off, but this product is definitely worth buying if you have fair skin like me :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2009 5:39:00 PM More reviews by looweehse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have extremely pale skin and I'm a redhead so peach blushes are flattering on me. But this isn't really pigmented enough for me to consider it a blush. I do like it though as it gives me a healthy, completely natural looking glow. If you weren't as pale as me, I don't know if this would really work for you. The finish isn't matte, but not shimmery either, more like the MAC satin finish blushes.
    I would buy it again, however, I do think it's very expensive for what it is, and I HATE the packaging. It's bulky, and the unneccesary depth of the box makes it difficult to pick up the product, and restricts your brush to the centre of the powder, so the product in the centre dissappears faster and you're left with a ring of unattainable powder. This can be avoided if you use the brush that comes with it, but I don't because it's scratchy and apples the product in a stripe, you can't blend with it at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2009 12:52:00 PM More reviews by addaxnat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

my skin doesn't like powder : it feels like a mask, makes my face feeling stiff and almost painfully dry. i have tried many many different kinds and brands, and Georgia is my HG...

i know it is supposed to be a highlighter, but i use it as an all-over face powder to get rid of shine and it gives my fair/slightly pink carnation a lovely balanced colour !! i'm on my 3rd box already (discovered Georgia 5 or 6 years ago) and will keep buying it until (heaven forbid) BeneFit stops making it !!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2009 11:12:00 PM More reviews by emmit643

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Cute box.

Great smell.

Noticeable difference after using this product?
    Not so much.

I wish it looked like it did something, because I certainly love this smell...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2009 10:49:00 PM More reviews by missjulia22

I was pretty wary of this product, and for $36 Cdn I think I had a right to be. It ended up being an impulsive buy and I've never looked back! As someone who has trouble wearing pink blushes, Georgia is the perfect everyday blush/highlighter for my skin (plus it smells divine). Will definitely re-purchase, although with 11 g of product, I don't know if I'll ever have too!