March 1, 2015 | 2235 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clarins - Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2010 7:18:00 PM More reviews by katy42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A Clarins therapist described the aroma of this oil as "chocolate orange" which is exactly what it smells like! I have been using this for years and purchased another bottle yesterday as it is perfect for winter skin. For best results it should be massaged lightly over damp skin - Clarins suggest after use of their Toning Lotion but a splash of water will do, as the purpose is to use the oil to lock in the moisture. Despite being an oil it is very hydrating and after a few nights use my skin becomes brighter, smoother, more supple and moisturised, and generally able to behave better in cold weather. Yes, it's expensive but one bottle lasts me 2-3 years, as I find I need it more in cold weather when skin is dehydrated, using it for a few nights in a row at a time and then occasional use through the rest of the year. Great as a massage oil as part of a home facial, for soothing irritated itchy skin or when you just want to indulge your senses as well as your skin by inhaling that gorgeous aroma!
Update: have been finding my skin is getting drier (an age thing); winter and air conditioned workplaces mean that by the end of the day my skin can be very dry, tight and parched. I tried using a few drops of this oil in the morning (yes, really!) under my day moisturiser. If it's really cold outside I'll layer another moisturiser over it too. It really does work - my skin is more comfortable and still radiant at the end of the day. Water freezes in the cold so it make sense to use an oil based product to protect the skin. It's worth a try if you have extremely dry skin; if your skin needs it, it will just soak up the oil and I've had no problems putting makeup on afterwards. I hope this helps.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by lethargy

This didn't cure anything. I thought it would.
It feels nice going on and it has a nice smell.
That's why I gave it a 2 on it's effectiveness.
The only thing that worked for my skin was not washing it or putting anything on it at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2009 3:39:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Unlike the Santal, this made me break out, made my skin itch and in the morning, I looked awful. LOVE the scent, so that's too bad! Just not a great product for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2009 5:58:00 PM More reviews by azaleadeez

The scent is too overpowering and lingers until it has been washed off. It is not hydrating enough; some days I still get flaky skin on parts of my face. I find leaving a layer of oil on my skin every night gives me blackheads. Packaging is inconvenient; they should at least incorporate a pump or dropper. Price is alrite 'coz this bottle lasts forever!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2009 12:09:00 PM More reviews by alpha79

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Lovely product. I live on the prairies and have dry skin. This product helps with the inevitable outcome of those two facts. My skin is so dry and tight by January, that I can't wash it with anything more than the cleansing milk. After a week of using this product, my skin feels less tight, more "normal". Highly recommended, though it is expensive, save your pennies!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2009 3:25:00 AM More reviews by HypoCrisy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Made my skin red and itchy after 3 days. Glass bottle is SO not practical. NEXT

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2008 7:11:00 AM More reviews by Lolliebollie

I got this face oil in a swap to alternate with my Lush Celestial moisturizer. I only use it during cold months when my face gets a little dryer. I have normal skin (at least, I think so!): not too dry, not too greasy and no pimples or weird flakes. It's the first time that I've used a face oil and I must say that I'm quite impressed! I have no idea how much this product costs, but - when I finish the bottle - I'll go to the store and get me another one. It smells very natural (quite herbal), the oil is jellow and it somes in a see trought glass bottle. I'm not really fond of the bottle; it's easy to spill some of the oil.
You really don't need much of it; only a few drops and the best part: it sinks in quickly so it doesn't leave your skin oily and greasy at all!
As I've mentioned before, I don't have a problem skin so I can't really say that it's a miracle product, but I really enjoy using it and my skin likes it too apparently.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2008 7:14:00 AM More reviews by TinaGreece

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I stumbled upon it's reviews and so I thought I would give this a go seeing my skin is normal/dry - mostly dehydrated. I'm veryyyy impressed with this product, it is absolutely wonderful. Seeing I use differin and avene diacneal for anti-age purposes, my skin needs added moisture, so I incorporate this into my skin care regime (pm) about 2,3 times a week and couldn't be happier, It provides my skin with moisture and I find I wake up to very smooth baby soft skin. It really helps in making my skin look clearer and seeing it locks in moisture, any lines from dehydration/dryness are gone. I bought it for 37euros on strawberrynet.
Ingredients:

CORYLUS AVELLANA, POGOSTEMON CABLIN, ANIBA ROSAEODORA, PARFUM, DENDROBIUM PHALAENOPSIS, LINALOOL, LIMONENE, GERANIOL, BENZYL BENZOATE, COUMARIN, EUGENOL.

Sidenote: I also adore the scent of this product! I don't why but it brings back memories of my cousin's place we used to visit back in the day when we would have family get togthers (a cousin who I adolised, yeah, she was older and had the whole 80's madonna thing going on and I thought she was soooo kooool, lol)

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2008 1:15:00 AM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Far superior to Sundari's Vata and Pitta essential oil blends which I was using previously. This is my evening moisturizer, and it's hydrating enough that I don't have to layer another lotion or cream over it to seal in the moisture. In the mornings my skin feels smooth and comfortable, and I'm noticing cleaner/smaller pores as well as a luminosity to my skin which I've never been able to achieve with skincare products alone. This has blue orchid extract in a base of hazlenut oil to retain moisture, tone, and revitalize as well as essential oils of rosewood and patchouli which gives an earthy scent. I love the fragrance which is subtle, but it definitely lingers into the morning. One bottle lasts me about 4-6 months depending on how much product I use each time. Depending on the weather (my skin is drier with colder temperatures) I'll apply anywhere from 3-6 dabs of oil in my palm, rub my palms together and then press them to my face and neck. I wish that the packaging will be revamped to include a dropper applicator -- that's my only gripe -- with the current packaging, you have to pour the product out or dab it into your palms which can be unsanitary for some. Big thumbs up overall :D

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2008 3:25:00 PM More reviews by natkhor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is my first review ever! thanks MUA otherwise i would never have put this yellow oil on my face. i had blocked pores and also dehydrated skin. I guess the oil from my combination skin are trapped inside the top layer of thickened dry skin which causing the blocked pores. used only 2 nights, today i put on make up with smooth smooth skin. wake up in the morning with plumped lovely skin and pores tighten. Blocked pores are decongested somehow I could squeezed the whitehead without much effort and the whole thing come out!
love it so far. will update.....

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No