October 31, 2014 | 1419 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clarins - Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2009 3:25:00 AM More reviews by HypoCrisy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Made my skin red and itchy after 3 days. Glass bottle is SO not practical. NEXT

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2008 7:11:00 AM More reviews by Lolliebollie

I got this face oil in a swap to alternate with my Lush Celestial moisturizer. I only use it during cold months when my face gets a little dryer. I have normal skin (at least, I think so!): not too dry, not too greasy and no pimples or weird flakes. It's the first time that I've used a face oil and I must say that I'm quite impressed! I have no idea how much this product costs, but - when I finish the bottle - I'll go to the store and get me another one. It smells very natural (quite herbal), the oil is jellow and it somes in a see trought glass bottle. I'm not really fond of the bottle; it's easy to spill some of the oil.
You really don't need much of it; only a few drops and the best part: it sinks in quickly so it doesn't leave your skin oily and greasy at all!
As I've mentioned before, I don't have a problem skin so I can't really say that it's a miracle product, but I really enjoy using it and my skin likes it too apparently.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2008 7:14:00 AM More reviews by TinaGreece

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I stumbled upon it's reviews and so I thought I would give this a go seeing my skin is normal/dry - mostly dehydrated. I'm veryyyy impressed with this product, it is absolutely wonderful. Seeing I use differin and avene diacneal for anti-age purposes, my skin needs added moisture, so I incorporate this into my skin care regime (pm) about 2,3 times a week and couldn't be happier, It provides my skin with moisture and I find I wake up to very smooth baby soft skin. It really helps in making my skin look clearer and seeing it locks in moisture, any lines from dehydration/dryness are gone. I bought it for 37euros on strawberrynet.
Ingredients:

CORYLUS AVELLANA, POGOSTEMON CABLIN, ANIBA ROSAEODORA, PARFUM, DENDROBIUM PHALAENOPSIS, LINALOOL, LIMONENE, GERANIOL, BENZYL BENZOATE, COUMARIN, EUGENOL.

Sidenote: I also adore the scent of this product! I don't why but it brings back memories of my cousin's place we used to visit back in the day when we would have family get togthers (a cousin who I adolised, yeah, she was older and had the whole 80's madonna thing going on and I thought she was soooo kooool, lol)

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2008 1:15:00 AM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Far superior to Sundari's Vata and Pitta essential oil blends which I was using previously. This is my evening moisturizer, and it's hydrating enough that I don't have to layer another lotion or cream over it to seal in the moisture. In the mornings my skin feels smooth and comfortable, and I'm noticing cleaner/smaller pores as well as a luminosity to my skin which I've never been able to achieve with skincare products alone. This has blue orchid extract in a base of hazlenut oil to retain moisture, tone, and revitalize as well as essential oils of rosewood and patchouli which gives an earthy scent. I love the fragrance which is subtle, but it definitely lingers into the morning. One bottle lasts me about 4-6 months depending on how much product I use each time. Depending on the weather (my skin is drier with colder temperatures) I'll apply anywhere from 3-6 dabs of oil in my palm, rub my palms together and then press them to my face and neck. I wish that the packaging will be revamped to include a dropper applicator -- that's my only gripe -- with the current packaging, you have to pour the product out or dab it into your palms which can be unsanitary for some. Big thumbs up overall :D

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2008 3:25:00 PM More reviews by natkhor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is my first review ever! thanks MUA otherwise i would never have put this yellow oil on my face. i had blocked pores and also dehydrated skin. I guess the oil from my combination skin are trapped inside the top layer of thickened dry skin which causing the blocked pores. used only 2 nights, today i put on make up with smooth smooth skin. wake up in the morning with plumped lovely skin and pores tighten. Blocked pores are decongested somehow I could squeezed the whitehead without much effort and the whole thing come out!
love it so far. will update.....

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2008 7:58:00 AM More reviews by SinfullyGirly

I use to use the santal version of this and love it but have switched to the orchid oil after finding out my skin type is dehydrated rather than dry. I do have a little oil in the t-zone and get hormonal breakouts.

Im not too keen on the smell of this, when first applied it sits on top of skin for some time (unless you use a very small amount) I use it at night and in the mornig my skin looks fab, its really moisturised and has a glow to it. Hasnt made my T-zone more oily (i only get slightly oily anyway) or given me breakouts. As my skin is becomming more hydrated my makeup is going on much more smoothly. This product will last me ages as I only need to use a small amount. I will definately repurchase this. The only negative is the smell which is quite strong and kind of woody (1 lippie off for this reason only) but I will keep on using as I love the results I'm getting.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2008 8:34:00 PM More reviews by yinyungcat21

Great product!
I was having extremely dry skin during winter time, all of my hydrating moisturizer wont help the peeling. I went to Clarins' counter and the skin care specialist did a facial with this product, and the peeling disapear!
This product can be use in several ways:
massage,
put a thine layer on before mask,
put a thine layer on before moisturizer

It really help my skin a lot!
Great product to recomman.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2008 11:00:00 PM More reviews by dkarb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I am very grateful to my friend for introducing me to this product! I have very dry skin all year around, but it get especially bad in the winter. This product has helped my skin so much.
I use it once or twice a week, and keep it overnight right after applying my toner. It makes my skin smoother and feel more hydrated. The smell is really pleasant as well - really natural and soothing. It does not irritate my sensitive skin, and it hasn't caused any blemishes to appear either. Also, the bottle lasts for ages - so that justifies the price, as well as the quality of the product, of course.
I would give it a 5, but I'm a harsh marker :) And also, the packaging annoys me a bit. One has to be careful not to pour too much out at once, as getting the oil back into the bottle can be a bother.
In conclusion: definitively worth investing into, especially if you have dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2007 4:47:00 PM More reviews by patricijaj

The Orchid Oil is fantastic product, i always buy it! One week i use my night moisturizer, the other week my Orchid Oil, i warm couple of drops in my hands and then apply on my face. I always have dehydrated skin , air conditioning summer, heating winter time...never the end :)
( how to check: press your hand on your cheek and push it up, if you see horizontal lines, you're dehydrated),
this oil helps my skin A LOT! I wake up with very sft skin, like baby :)

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2007 12:27:00 PM More reviews by imaginative02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i use both santal and orchidee oil, both r excellent products! reccomanded to all who have dry skin or ezyma prone skin, u will never regret!