Clarins Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil

4.3

Corylus Avellana (hazel) Seed oil, Pogostemon Cablin (patchouli) oil, Aniba Roseodora (rosewood) wood oil, Parfum, Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil, Dendrobium Phalaenopsis flower extract, Tocopherol, Linalool, Limonene, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Eugenol.

on 1/23/2010 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I live in a hot humid climate but at night I usually sleep with the AC on.

AC's have a dehydrating effect on skin as much as cold or dry weather does. Many years ago I was told by a friendly cosmetician to try this as the final layer of products which I religiously use on my skin at night. I apply this over a fine mist of Avene spray and let it sink in. My skin is silky and smooth. I use this on my neck and chest also and find that in all the years of use, and at my age, my neck and chest are in great shape. I have even been using it after my night shower on my breasts -- just cause I want to keep them looking their perkiest too.

I love this oil and will continue buying it despite the cost -- it is well worth it to me to keep the Surgeon at bay for the longest time possible.

Highly recommend for dry, dehydrated skins and for those who are exposed to natural and man made elements.

on 1/23/2010 7:27:00 AM

I was looking for something to put on top of my retin-a (I use it for anti-aging, not acne) and this oil is a great solution. It is quite expensive, but you really only need very little so it'll last ages.. which makes me think that Clarins should sell it in smaller bottles and for less!

It leaves my skin feeling really soft and smooth... sinks in very well unlike pure oils which do tend to sit on the surface. I use about 4 drops for my face and the same for my neck. You're supposed to need only 1, but think it's not enough for my face, esp during winter.

I spray my face with Druide toner then press and smooth the oil on with my palms.

I don't know about the claims of the tightening of hazelnut oil etc, but as a hydrator I'm very pleased.

Definitely worth trying.

on 1/13/2010 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

A Clarins therapist described the aroma of this oil as "chocolate orange" which is exactly what it smells like! I have been using this for years and purchased another bottle yesterday as it is perfect for winter skin. For best results it should be massaged lightly over damp skin - Clarins suggest after use of their Toning Lotion but a splash of water will do, as the purpose is to use the oil to lock in the moisture. Despite being an oil it is very hydrating and after a few nights use my skin becomes brighter, smoother, more supple and moisturised, and generally able to behave better in cold weather. Yes, it's expensive but one bottle lasts me 2-3 years, as I find I need it more in cold weather when skin is dehydrated, using it for a few nights in a row at a time and then occasional use through the rest of the year. Great as a massage oil as part of a home facial, for soothing irritated itchy skin or when you just want to indulge your senses as well as your skin by inhaling that gorgeous aroma!
Update: have been finding my skin is getting drier (an age thing); winter and air conditioned workplaces mean that by the end of the day my skin can be very dry, tight and parched. I tried using a few drops of this oil in the morning (yes, really!) under my day moisturiser. If it's really cold outside I'll layer another moisturiser over it too. It really does work - my skin is more comfortable and still radiant at the end of the day. Water freezes in the cold so it make sense to use an oil based product to protect the skin. It's worth a try if you have extremely dry skin; if your skin needs it, it will just soak up the oil and I've had no problems putting makeup on afterwards. I hope this helps.

on 8/14/2009 10:19:00 PM

This didn't cure anything. I thought it would.
It feels nice going on and it has a nice smell.
That's why I gave it a 2 on it's effectiveness.
The only thing that worked for my skin was not washing it or putting anything on it at all.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Unlike the Santal, this made me break out, made my skin itch and in the morning, I looked awful. LOVE the scent, so that's too bad! Just not a great product for me.

on 2/25/2009 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The scent is too overpowering and lingers until it has been washed off. It is not hydrating enough; some days I still get flaky skin on parts of my face. I find leaving a layer of oil on my skin every night gives me blackheads. Packaging is inconvenient; they should at least incorporate a pump or dropper. Price is alrite 'coz this bottle lasts forever!

on 2/22/2009 12:09:00 PM

Lovely product. I live on the prairies and have dry skin. This product helps with the inevitable outcome of those two facts. My skin is so dry and tight by January, that I can't wash it with anything more than the cleansing milk. After a week of using this product, my skin feels less tight, more "normal". Highly recommended, though it is expensive, save your pennies!

on 1/24/2009 3:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Made my skin red and itchy after 3 days. Glass bottle is SO not practical. NEXT

on 12/17/2008 7:11:00 AM

I got this face oil in a swap to alternate with my Lush Celestial moisturizer. I only use it during cold months when my face gets a little dryer. I have normal skin (at least, I think so!): not too dry, not too greasy and no pimples or weird flakes. It's the first time that I've used a face oil and I must say that I'm quite impressed! I have no idea how much this product costs, but - when I finish the bottle - I'll go to the store and get me another one. It smells very natural (quite herbal), the oil is jellow and it somes in a see trought glass bottle. I'm not really fond of the bottle; it's easy to spill some of the oil.
You really don't need much of it; only a few drops and the best part: it sinks in quickly so it doesn't leave your skin oily and greasy at all!
As I've mentioned before, I don't have a problem skin so I can't really say that it's a miracle product, but I really enjoy using it and my skin likes it too apparently.

on 11/23/2008 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I stumbled upon it's reviews and so I thought I would give this a go seeing my skin is normal/dry - mostly dehydrated. I'm veryyyy impressed with this product, it is absolutely wonderful. Seeing I use differin and avene diacneal for anti-age purposes, my skin needs added moisture, so I incorporate this into my skin care regime (pm) about 2,3 times a week and couldn't be happier, It provides my skin with moisture and I find I wake up to very smooth baby soft skin. It really helps in making my skin look clearer and seeing it locks in moisture, any lines from dehydration/dryness are gone. I bought it for 37euros on strawberrynet.
Ingredients:

CORYLUS AVELLANA, POGOSTEMON CABLIN, ANIBA ROSAEODORA, PARFUM, DENDROBIUM PHALAENOPSIS, LINALOOL, LIMONENE, GERANIOL, BENZYL BENZOATE, COUMARIN, EUGENOL.

Sidenote: I also adore the scent of this product! I don't why but it brings back memories of my cousin's place we used to visit back in the day when we would have family get togthers (a cousin who I adolised, yeah, she was older and had the whole 80's madonna thing going on and I thought she was soooo kooool, lol)

Popular Treatments (Face)