November 28, 2014 | 1941 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Retread

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by alabee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Eh, not a huge fan. I got a sample with one of my orders. I specifically asked for it, too - definitely try this move when you're ordering from LUSH! Just be polite about it.

Anyway, this was much too heavy for my hair (fine, but with a decent amount of volume because there's a lot of it). My hair looks weighed down and a touch greasy because of this. It's not the worst thing ever, but it's not great. Also it smelled like cat pee when I was applying it. This smell dissipated once my hair was dry, but still: unpleasant. 2.5 stars.

I don't think any LUSH haircare works for me. Suave Professionals are my HG, I guess.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2010 3:24:00 PM More reviews by demeter18

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm using up the last of my 3rd tub. This is not my daily conditioner though. I've been using it once a week for the past year together with their Big shampoo. I love the subtle and fresh scent it leaves on my hair the whole day. Not your best conditioner out there but probably the best among the Lush hair products.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2010 2:22:00 AM More reviews by AvalonPrincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this in conjunction with Daddyo. In the pot it does smell well weird, but as soon as it's rinsed out there's no lingering smell and except for the violet scent of my shampoo. My hairs in a fairly poor condition from a college diet and a few other problems. It's typically super fine and frizzes and breaks constantly, I'm losing a lot of hair at the moment as well. Retread is the only conditioner that stops my hair looking like frizzy fluff, though I do still need to use a leave in conditioner as well to get my hair back to the soft ringlets it used to have. Unfortunately it is an expensive product and even on my short shoulder length hair it gets used up very quickly. Other than that though I love it as a conditioner.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2010 9:58:00 AM More reviews by gillianmarie1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

eh. i'm kind of torn about this product. it just felt weird to me, but maybe that is because i am not used to using "natural" shampoos anymore. when i put it into my hair it seemed to stick to my scalp, but not too much to the ends, so my hair felt kind of greasy in the shower after i used it.

i will agree with other reviewers, though, that you don't really see a big difference until you get out of the shower... once i towel dried, it no longer felt greasy, and as it continued to air dry, i magically had NO FRIZZ. i have wavy hair, and it did seem to make it look really nice, it waved out the perfect amount.

for the summer, it seems like a good conditioner, but as it doesn't stick to the ends or seem to moisturize individual strands very well, i don't think i could use it in the winter when i blow dry and straighten more often.

$18.95, in my opinion is not too much to pay for conditioner, but when taking into account how much i had to use for my longer than shoulder length hair, it seemed expensive. after 4 uses, i had used more than 1/3 of the pot.

but the thing that really sucks about it is the smell. it kind of smells weird in the jar, and as it's going on, it just smells like yogurt, or maybe a musty old book. but that wasn't a big deal to me, i figured i could deal with it. but then later, when my hair dried, it kind of smelled smoky. my husband actually accused me of sneaking cigarettes, and didn't believe me when i told him it was the conditioner.

so, yeah, i was willing to look past some of the other stuff because i loved having no frizz for once in my life, but the smell is a dealbreaker. i'll definitley use the rest of the pot, but i would not buy this again unless lush decided to reformulate the scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2010 9:49:00 PM More reviews by bassdragon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have fine, curly hair that gets weighed down by normal conditioners, so when this was recommended to me by a fellow fine haired person, I was sceptical.

Didn't notice much in the shower, other than my tangles were gone in a flash without any argument with the comb, but when my hair dried --- perfect ringlets. LOVE IT - switch it out with Veganese in the summer.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2010 1:52:00 PM More reviews by WeinbergJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this through a swap and this conditioner does nothing for my hair, in fact I think it may have made it more dry. I used a generous amount as I have really long hair and I achieve no conditioning results. I will not be purchasing this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2010 3:51:00 PM More reviews by purplecrayon86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The smell is nice but doesn't linger at all. It worked very well on my hair which has some damage to it but can still get greasy. It smoothed it out nicely and every now and then I'd leave it in my hair and it didn't leave it greasy.
Overall, its the best conditioner that I think Lush do but there are better out there by other companies.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by crisby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product has surprised me. I have tried several LUSH conditioners, and used to use Veganese, but they were all mediocre for my hair. When I first tried Retread I was very underwhelmed. In the shower it seemed to do nothing for my hair, but once my hair was dry it did seem a bit moisturized. I decided to switch to my old conditioner, and that's when I noticed the difference. My hair went back to being a fluffy mess with my other conditioner. Retread gives my hair just the right amount of conditioning. My hair is fine, but I have lots of it, and this conditioner seems to be just right for me. It helps with the fluffiness my hair gets better than any other conditioner, I really notice the difference. I love the container too because it lets you get every last bit of product- it is a bit of a pain to take the lid off while in the shower with wet hands.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2010 2:25:00 PM More reviews by ao5775

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am on my fourth pot of this conditioner. Even though I have somewhat thick and color-treated hair, I don't use it daily. I like to alternate it with a heavier conditioner (Aveda), as I need more conditioning. This product seems more like a daily conditioner. One pot will last me about two months. I use it after LUSH's Big shampoo. Retread has the look and consistency of plain white yogurt. I find that when you run it through your wet hair, it seems to thin out. I use about a small handful of this and it seems to be enough for my longer-than-shoulder-length hair. It rinses off very well. In the shower, it may seem like it doesn't condition well (no slick slippery feeling) and you may be tempted to use more. Don't - you'll be wasting product. When my hair is dry, it is very soft after every use. I can't really describe the scent (fresh, earthy?), but it leaves a light fresh scent on your hair. I took off one lippie because it's pricey for the amount you get in the pot (for my hair length). It sells for $24.95. Also, the packaging can make it difficult to get the amount you need, especially when you get to the bottom of the pot. But despite the price and packaging, I will repurchase again and again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2010 1:36:00 AM More reviews by nadinebritt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have thick curly hair that always gets frizzy, so I thought this would be perfect for me. It was supposed to make my dry ends not as dry. I used it twice. Once as a replacement for my conditioner and a second time as a mask that I left on for 20 mins. Both times my hair was left super frizzy (even before it dried) and I ended up having to wash my hair again the next day. I ended up wasting $20-ish dollars and I gave it to my mom. It was definitely not what I was looking for