April 18, 2014 | 1679 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Retread

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2010 1:52:00 PM More reviews by WeinbergJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this through a swap and this conditioner does nothing for my hair, in fact I think it may have made it more dry. I used a generous amount as I have really long hair and I achieve no conditioning results. I will not be purchasing this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2010 3:51:00 PM More reviews by purplecrayon86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The smell is nice but doesn't linger at all. It worked very well on my hair which has some damage to it but can still get greasy. It smoothed it out nicely and every now and then I'd leave it in my hair and it didn't leave it greasy.
Overall, its the best conditioner that I think Lush do but there are better out there by other companies.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by crisby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product has surprised me. I have tried several LUSH conditioners, and used to use Veganese, but they were all mediocre for my hair. When I first tried Retread I was very underwhelmed. In the shower it seemed to do nothing for my hair, but once my hair was dry it did seem a bit moisturized. I decided to switch to my old conditioner, and that's when I noticed the difference. My hair went back to being a fluffy mess with my other conditioner. Retread gives my hair just the right amount of conditioning. My hair is fine, but I have lots of it, and this conditioner seems to be just right for me. It helps with the fluffiness my hair gets better than any other conditioner, I really notice the difference. I love the container too because it lets you get every last bit of product- it is a bit of a pain to take the lid off while in the shower with wet hands.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2010 2:25:00 PM More reviews by ao5775

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am on my fourth pot of this conditioner. Even though I have somewhat thick and color-treated hair, I don't use it daily. I like to alternate it with a heavier conditioner (Aveda), as I need more conditioning. This product seems more like a daily conditioner. One pot will last me about two months. I use it after LUSH's Big shampoo. Retread has the look and consistency of plain white yogurt. I find that when you run it through your wet hair, it seems to thin out. I use about a small handful of this and it seems to be enough for my longer-than-shoulder-length hair. It rinses off very well. In the shower, it may seem like it doesn't condition well (no slick slippery feeling) and you may be tempted to use more. Don't - you'll be wasting product. When my hair is dry, it is very soft after every use. I can't really describe the scent (fresh, earthy?), but it leaves a light fresh scent on your hair. I took off one lippie because it's pricey for the amount you get in the pot (for my hair length). It sells for $24.95. Also, the packaging can make it difficult to get the amount you need, especially when you get to the bottom of the pot. But despite the price and packaging, I will repurchase again and again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2010 1:36:00 AM More reviews by nadinebritt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have thick curly hair that always gets frizzy, so I thought this would be perfect for me. It was supposed to make my dry ends not as dry. I used it twice. Once as a replacement for my conditioner and a second time as a mask that I left on for 20 mins. Both times my hair was left super frizzy (even before it dried) and I ended up having to wash my hair again the next day. I ended up wasting $20-ish dollars and I gave it to my mom. It was definitely not what I was looking for

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2010 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Yasminde

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've only used this as a sample, but it's lasted me quite a long time, and I cant wait to get a tub of this stuff! It leaves my hair SO soft and shiny. I've never had so many compliments on my hair, people were wondering whether I dyed it or had it cut, and all I could say was ' Nope, just a new conditioner '. It did make my natural highlights stand out though, and my hair was suddenly very Hollywood. I would recommend this to everybody, it's amazing <3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2010 12:23:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

Hate the smell but it works. I switched to Lush shampoos and conditioner because my hair was falling out and I was desperate to try and find something that would stop it and make my hair halfway normal again. I have had problems with hair loss in the past and it seems to be related to something in the shampoos or conditioners that I am using. My hair feels a lot better now, less dry and coarse more like real hair (almost soft!!) lol and it seems to have stopped falling out and I am getting some strong regrowth in the area that had a bald spot. I'll likely just keep using this to stay on the safe side. It's way too expensive and they say a little of this goes a long way but since it does not feel like a regular silicone conditioner to me I tend to use too much because I think it's not working or has not coated my hair. Does nothing to detangle my hair. Will repurchase.

Edit - stopped using this for a while and I completely regret it, after going back to it for only a few days my hair feels better already! I need to stop looking for something new but I just can't help myself.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by sparklythings

this is a pretty decent conditioner. it's pretty thin in consistency.. and kind of runny. and it might seem like it isnt working, but if u coat your hair with it (i focus it on the ends, instead of my roots, since my hair is alraedy very flat), and i let it soak for a couple of minutes, then i rinse it off, and my hair is pretty soft.
i use this after their Big Shampoo... at first i didnt really like the scent of this, but now, i absolutely love it in conjunction with the big shampoo. it just smells so natural and fresh... mmm. i really like this product. pretty pricey though like all lush products. but that tub has lasted me longer than i thought it would...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by ooannieo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you can get over this product's somewhat sickening smell; its great. I've used this conditioner for my hair after I bleached it and it did make my hair feel healthier, shiner, and softer. A bit pricey but you get what you pay for.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2009 3:51:00 PM More reviews by ocarina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Ever since a Lush store opened in the shopping centre where I work, a good portion of my paycheck has gone into their eco-friendly, fair-trading pockets, trying new stuff. This is one of the very best. My very coarse, thick hair sucks this up like water. I use a palmful after shampooing with Curly Wurly, leave it on while I finish my shower, and rinse. Then I towel dry and add another dab as a leave-in. .Swear... detangled, de-frizzed hair. Seriously,this gives hair-mask results in daily-conditioner time. I alternate days between this and Jasmine Henna Fluff-Ease (which I use in the same manner, not as a pre-treatment) and my coloured, straightened hair has been looking pretty spiffy lately. The scent is violets, but not too icky. One lipstick off because this is rather expensive ( although not as expensive as my previous hair obsession, Ojon, which I still like).