August 1, 2014 | 1012 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - Resurface Kit - The Microdelivery In-Home Vitamin C Peptide Peel

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2011 1:35:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

In terms of an over the counter/find it at a Sephora type place, skin exfoliant, I think this product is about as effective as you can get although as I get older I become more aware of any product that tends to use granulation or granulated substances to exfoliate my skin. (Mild acids can do the same w/o irritating the complexion...) I use this this and Philosophy's Oxygen Peel face product each about once a month or so and find that they brighten my face and generally get rid of any dullness that my skin may have developed. I do not find that these reduce my number of wrinkles or miraculously make me look like a 30 year old woman again. Just makes my skin a little brighter and clearer, I would say.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by pasdetrois

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have used stronger peels than this, and also a prescribed retinoid product is more powerful in reducing deep lines and age spots. This product worked as a good exfoliator and temporary refresher for me. After a month of weekly use, it has not affected my lines or age spots in any way. It alo left my skin feeling tight, but moisturizer took care of that.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 7:29:00 AM More reviews by chadsmom

This is a fantastic peel. It's even more affordable through QVC, but hands down the best. I have sensitive skin, and it doesn't cause any problems. Takes only about three minutes just before showering and rinse off..Makes your skin baby soft and smooth. Amazing the first time and every time. I try to use it weekly. A little goes a long way, and a larger jar from QVC lasts me a year. Worth every penny for better skin. If you want your moisturizers and treatments to work, a peel is critical. Get this one

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2011 8:51:00 AM More reviews by VAmom

I'm a mature lady; I bought this because of brown spots, sun damage, rather than wrinkles.-1/2 lippie for price $65. I understand there are cheaper peels. I've used it 3 times, guessing there's enough for 8-10 uses. A 2- step process. First apply vitamin C crystals, which are gritty and smell like orange. Then a lotion activator, which is left on 2 minutes. Not unpleasant at all, easy and fast. Results-Not as dramatic as some users had (-1/2 lippie); skin feels softer and smoother. Some lightening of spots after 3 uses. The big payoff was when I applied makeup a day after first use-my foundation went on much more smoothly and evenly. So I will purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 6:46:00 AM More reviews by alisaned

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this product! My skin is so soft and smooth for days afterwards. I had some blotchy redness on the apples of my cheeks, between my eyebrows, under my nose and on my chin, and since using this, it's pretty much all gone! The only bit that remains is the bit under my nose - it's faded, but just won't budge unfortunately. The rest cleared up after only a few uses and now I can get away without wearing foundation and feel confident that my skin looks good. It's drastically reduced the large pores that I had going on as well. That's probably the biggest change I've noticed.
Only annoying this is I find that the ratio of scrub to gel is a bit mismatched. You dont use that much scrub but you tend to use more of the gel - but at least I guess you could use the scrub as a cleanser on its own after you run out of the gel. Can't imagine not using this now - didn't use it for a couple weeks once and you could really tell the difference

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2011 12:11:00 AM More reviews by hellokittyfan1974

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The original name for this product was call "The Great One" step I and step II.It's pretty much a glorified vitamin C micro-crystal scrub. I didn't get as great results as expected but this product did leave my skin smoother. Price wise I think this is way too much for the results. $40 for the 1 oz of each bottle is a bit much in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2010 4:23:00 AM More reviews by cindigooo

I just read "LittleSovietRobot"s review and I'm beginning to question this product. I originally thought that it was great, it made my skin feel a lot smoother after a few uses. Recently, my skin has been terrible, flaking, and the spot above my lip is dry on and off (as the other review mentioned). I thought that it was due to my staying up late and not drinking enough water, but is it because of the product? Note, I have young skin as well so that might be why. Can anyone confirm this?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2010 5:36:00 PM More reviews by ccope4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Really love all of the Philosophy line products I have tried, and this one is near the top of my list of favorites. My skin is so smooth and clear afterwards.. I use this in conjunction with the Philosophy cleanser and moisturizer, and my Clarisonic (not at the same time as the peel as that would be TOO much) and my skin has never looked better. Just wanted to add my positive review for this great product!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2010 10:07:00 AM More reviews by syras

This is not a miracle cure, more beauty regime. I highly recommend it and for those complaining about the price; I have found quite a few genuine ebay sellers. I bought mine for 14.00!!!! Shop around ladies.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2010 6:18:00 AM More reviews by Meaninc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

it works, but it's expensive. I used the cheaper Olay version before and didn't really get as good of results as I do from this one. I got tired of paying $80-$100 every month for an in office microderm and I was looking for a way to cut my expenses. Ulta was doing free facials using this product and the rest is history. My skin is tighter, shinier, and all of the dead,dull skin cells are shed away after using this product. It's easy and non-irritating. I will repurchase when I run out.