December 20, 2014 | 1267 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - Resurface Kit - The Microdelivery In-Home Vitamin C Peptide Peel

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2011 3:39:00 AM More reviews by Ladylove725

This product works incredibly well. It makes my skin feel baby soft. My only issue with it is the cost. When I opened step 1 it immediately reminded me of my homemade sugar and lemon juice peel which I personally feel works equally as well and for around $60 less. Don't get me wrong this product is wonderful, but for students on a budget such as myself, you might want to go the homemade, natural route.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by lepeakes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was in Ulta and tried this while I was in the store barefaced. I walked away and returned to the mirror and was like WOW. My pores were smaller, and my skin completed exfoliated. It was close to $40, but I use just one pad once a week and 60 come in the jar....so it's a good value. And it doesn't dry up if you keep the jar tight. Its a good addition to my skincare routine. I would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Milana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is what should be called Miracle Worker because it is absolutely that. I have had problems with my skin since I was a teenager. I have always had problems with my skin. I have tried practically every treatment out there, usually very expensive, to resolve my skin issues. I have done the Biomedic peels, that work over time, but are too expensive. I have had microdermabrasion that made me scar. I have had glycolic acid peels that darkened my skin, and I have used Obaji that is EXTREMELY expensive and left me in this never ending cycle of breakouts. I finally found Neutrogena Oil-Free in the orange packaging that cleared up all my skin problems and I vowed I'd never try another expensive product again when the cheap product worked so much better.

Fast forward a few years and now my skin is dry, but I am still getting congestion under the skin. I have been reading the reviews and watching the QVC presentations for Philosophy for over a year, but I couldn't bring myself to spend the money on the product because of past experience with more expensive brands. Well, I was getting ready for a once in a lifetime vacation and I wanted to look and feel good for my trip. I decided to cave in and buy the Microdermabrasion Peel. Words can barely express how amazed I am by this product.

I really was not expecting to look in my mirror and see a miracle, but that is exactly what I saw. After applying this product I look like I have a new face. My skin looks gorgeous. That is something I have NEVER said about my skin. The clarity and smoothness of my skin after this treatment was so incredible that I couldn't stop staring at my face in the mirror. The color was brighter, the skin was smoother, there was a noticeable decrease in discoloration, and my pores became invisible. I now see skin that I never thought was possible for me to have. I am basically in shock. My writing probably isn't even getting across how pleased I am with this product, but like I just wrote.....in think I'm in shock.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2011 2:56:00 AM More reviews by bonnie297

Absolutely love, love, love this product!!! Makes my skin baby smooth and refreshed. I like the 2 step system. I do tend to use up the activator (Step 2 in the bottle) faster than the Vitamin C crystals but I don't mind this as the crystals make a great physical exfoliant by themselves. This isn't as strong as a professional peel so is great to use weekly or even twice weekly. When I apply Step 2 I definitely feel a warm, tingling sensation. I've gone through two sets and have noticed an improvement in my freckles and the overall tone of my skin. If you're feeling dull or rough this lil beauty will smooth you out!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by chrissygalpal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very good over the counter skin peel. I do think the word peel is a bit bold for this product. You will get a good exfoliation with this but I would not say a good peel. Their is a big difference. Perfect for someone wanting to renew their skin without the effects of a doctos peel. I do have a lot of sun spots and large pores and after using this product all the way I did notice and feel my skin look brighter and softer. Was easy to use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2011 1:35:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

In terms of an over the counter/find it at a Sephora type place, skin exfoliant, I think this product is about as effective as you can get although as I get older I become more aware of any product that tends to use granulation or granulated substances to exfoliate my skin. (Mild acids can do the same w/o irritating the complexion...) I use this this and Philosophy's Oxygen Peel face product each about once a month or so and find that they brighten my face and generally get rid of any dullness that my skin may have developed. I do not find that these reduce my number of wrinkles or miraculously make me look like a 30 year old woman again. Just makes my skin a little brighter and clearer, I would say.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by pasdetrois

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have used stronger peels than this, and also a prescribed retinoid product is more powerful in reducing deep lines and age spots. This product worked as a good exfoliator and temporary refresher for me. After a month of weekly use, it has not affected my lines or age spots in any way. It alo left my skin feeling tight, but moisturizer took care of that.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 7:29:00 AM More reviews by chadsmom

This is a fantastic peel. It's even more affordable through QVC, but hands down the best. I have sensitive skin, and it doesn't cause any problems. Takes only about three minutes just before showering and rinse off..Makes your skin baby soft and smooth. Amazing the first time and every time. I try to use it weekly. A little goes a long way, and a larger jar from QVC lasts me a year. Worth every penny for better skin. If you want your moisturizers and treatments to work, a peel is critical. Get this one

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2011 8:51:00 AM More reviews by VAmom

I'm a mature lady; I bought this because of brown spots, sun damage, rather than wrinkles.-1/2 lippie for price $65. I understand there are cheaper peels. I've used it 3 times, guessing there's enough for 8-10 uses. A 2- step process. First apply vitamin C crystals, which are gritty and smell like orange. Then a lotion activator, which is left on 2 minutes. Not unpleasant at all, easy and fast. Results-Not as dramatic as some users had (-1/2 lippie); skin feels softer and smoother. Some lightening of spots after 3 uses. The big payoff was when I applied makeup a day after first use-my foundation went on much more smoothly and evenly. So I will purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 6:46:00 AM More reviews by alisaned

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this product! My skin is so soft and smooth for days afterwards. I had some blotchy redness on the apples of my cheeks, between my eyebrows, under my nose and on my chin, and since using this, it's pretty much all gone! The only bit that remains is the bit under my nose - it's faded, but just won't budge unfortunately. The rest cleared up after only a few uses and now I can get away without wearing foundation and feel confident that my skin looks good. It's drastically reduced the large pores that I had going on as well. That's probably the biggest change I've noticed.
Only annoying this is I find that the ratio of scrub to gel is a bit mismatched. You dont use that much scrub but you tend to use more of the gel - but at least I guess you could use the scrub as a cleanser on its own after you run out of the gel. Can't imagine not using this now - didn't use it for a couple weeks once and you could really tell the difference