Vaseline Vaseline

White Petrolatum

on 3/3/2012 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I tried this during the cold winter months on my face when it was dry, and parched. While it didn't exactly help with the feel or texture of my skin, it *looked* smoother and less red, but when I felt my cheeks (where the dryness was most apparent) it was still rough. While I don't think it contributed to helping my acne, it didn't make it worse after I used it. I think if/when I did break out it was because I used massive amounts of this stuff (after I exfoliated) and many nights of the week. I have since found oils mixed in with my regular moisturizer work much better to moisturize than Vaseline did. I do however see how this could be good with someone for dryer skin and maybe more mature skin, looking to seal in moisture.
I have used it on my neck/decolletage as well and while it felt great, it still contributed to some ugly pimples there. -_-
I still do use it regularly on my lips, especially after exfoliation, which I do nightly to take off my lipstick. I find that olive oil or other lip balms don't give enough moisture to my lips. I've put this on my feet at night alone with socks, and while it left helped a little bit, the softness was gone by mid-day. Yesterday I tried oil mixed in with Eucerin's cream (which is mostly petroleum) and my feet are still soft, 12 hours later! Eucerin is $25.00 Canadian for a tub, where as Vaseline is anywhere from $3-6 for a smaller but still big enough jar. I think I may try the Vaseline with oil tonight and see how it fares, because I'd rather be paying the price of Vaseline. I have also used it on the rest of my body, especially my legs after I apply my lotion, and it makes them sooo soft, and sooo supple. I can't stop touching them! It makes it easier if you apply lotion and spread this on top. For knees and elbows, it's good too! The thing is, if you sleep with Vaseline smeared to yourself, it feels a bit icky, so you have to live with that or let it dry a tad. Also you can use it for lube for the backside. ;P
I used this on my eyelashes last summer. Now I have long eyelashes in general so I don't think Vaseline actually make them grew any longer, but then again I wasn't doing it religiously. I remember using it in the day time and my friend thought I was crying because my eyelashes glistened haha. I think it also contributed to a stye because I didn't think of this as a product that needed to be washed off, like say, mascara (silly me). But I wouldn't put it on my eyelashes again, because the cons outweigh the *possible* pro's.
Also it helps overnight with those pesky eczema flare-ups on hands because of over-washing! Just gotta love Vaseline. :D

*Edit* I totally forgot one of the best things for Vaseline that I use everyday! I have thick eyebrows, and people always comment on them, now this can be attributed to threading but also to Vaseline. I use a little bit of Vaseline on a q-tip and apply it to my eyebrows. I have *seen* people buy brow gels for $20 :O, people you can use Vaseline! Seriously, it makes my brows look more defined, more arched, hence I look more awake and just have a defined face. I also find that if your powder/liquid foundation slides onto your eyebrows and makes them look weird (you know what I mean!) the Vaseline takes it off better then water! :)

on 2/12/2012 5:34:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Though I still use Neutrogena's Moisturizer, this honestly works better on my face than any other moisturizer on the market. I wash my face with warm water, do my acne routine, then I put this on and go to bed. I wake up with uber soft skin and no breakouts or redness. If I had known I could just use Vaseline on my face for deep moisture, I would've stopped wasting my money on Neutrogena years ago. It's also great for feet and elbows. I've tried it on my eyelashes and I don't seem to see a difference in the growth, but I haven't done it that consistently.

on 12/7/2011 1:50:00 AM

I am officially a huge Vaseline fan. My skin has started getting red, dry, and terribly itchy with the weather getting cold. My lips are constantly chapped too. I had been using a mixture of either coffee grounds or brown sugar and olive oil in the shower to try to get some relief. It worked, but olive oil is a tad bit expensive and runs out quickly with me cooking with it AND bathing with it. Haha. Basically, I needed a cheaper alternative. I was browsing pinterest and someone posted a pin about all this awesome stuff you could do with Vaseline so I decided to try it. I was going to make a body scrub out of sea salt and Vaseline, but ran out of time. So towards the end of my shower I smeared a thin layer all over my body (minus my face) and when I got out I patted dry. I'll admit at first I felt a little greasy, but after a while it sank in. I have been doing this every day for the last few days and my skin has been feeling so smooth. I've started using it on my eyelashes at night too to see if what they say about it making your lashes grow is true. I'm also using it on my lips. It is definitely a beauty staple for me now.

on 12/5/2011 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I was never a vaseline girl as I always think the product is too oily. Then, I devided to buy a jar on a whim because it was on sale at my local drug store. I thought I could still use it on my elbows and knees if all else fail. So far, I have tried many uses with this with different results.

Face:
I have oily/combination skin that is quite acne-prone. I am highly cautious about what products to put on my face. I have not tried to spread it all over yet but i have had success with it when dabbing it around the dry areas around my mouth after applying a night cream. I read a review here about sealing eyecream with this and I am willing to give it a try. It makes sense since Vaseline basically seals off all the moiture to make sure your skin absorbs it all. I also coated my lashes with vaseline a few times. I feel it is a bit too heavy and messy for me and my vision tends to be blurry because of this.

Lips:
I have always used Kielh's No.1 lip balm. I noticed that the main ingredient is patrolium jelly. Although it works well during the most months of the year, it is not enough for the harsh winter here. Lately, I start to experiment with different oils. I would dab my lips with sweet almond oil at night and top it up with some Vaseline. My lips are baby soft the next morning.

Hands/Nails/Cuticles:
I tried to apply it around my cuticles a few times at night. The problem here is that it cannot seem to be absorbed by my hand at all so it is quite messy. Same thing happens in general when I apply it on my hands. Unless i can cover them with gloves, otherwise, everywhere I touch has vaseline there.

I believe this one jar can last me a very long time if not forever. It is great for elbows, heels and knees but can get messy everywhere else. Still, it is a must-have in anyone's bathroom cabinet as it is cheap and versatile.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Use it as a night cream/moisturizer. Perfect for slathering at night and light application on cheeks under sunscreen. Good for light glow on cheeks as highlight everyday and heavy application for photo shoots. Can't live without it, use it for knees, elbows, ankles, lips, and eyes when I want that glossy look. Does not give me pimples, used it for years. Coming up with new uses everyday! Not good as makeup remover though, since the oil does not rise off, but good for very stubborn eye makeup sparingly. Very cheap, no need for expensive night creams for me, oh, also have sensitive skin (allergic to polyester for heavens sake, imagine!) yet no reaction to it..

on 11/1/2011 12:23:00 PM

I used this as a makeup remover for YEARS, and for years I broke out, tried everything, nothing worked.

I stopped using vaseline to remove makeup, and the breakouts are GONE. I only get the occasional pimple when I am PMS'ed now. Never imagined it was the eye makeup remover I was using.

on 8/1/2011 1:35:00 AM

Can't love without it! I literally use it for everything:
dry lips
makeup removing
soften my elbows/heels/cuticals
around my forhead and ears when I dye my hair
helped heal my tattoo
on my hands at night b/c i wash my hands/sanitize them about 50 times a day at work
if you fight it prevents pressure cuts (lol)

on 7/3/2011 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

The vaseline inside is just vaseline, and can be used with everything, as every vaseline purchaser knows. I love the new packaging :)

on 3/24/2011 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Dry patches of skin, my chapped lips, hard cuticles, blah blah blah. Love it. Can't live w/o it.

on 3/16/2011 7:01:00 PM