Noxzema Original Skin Cream

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Water , Stearic Acid , Linseed Oil , Soybean Oil , Fragrance , Ammonium Hydroxide , Camphor , Menthol , Eucalyptus Oil , Propylene Glycol , Gelatin , Calcium Hydroxide (end)///// (ORIGINAL DEEP CLEANSING CREAM INGREDIENTS: 4/9/15): Water, Stearic Acid, Linum Usitatissimum Seed Oil (Linseed), Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Propylene Glycol, Gelatin, Camphor, Phenol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Calcium Hydroxide, Menthol, Sodium Bicarbonate, Calcium Chloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Potassium Chloride, Fragrance.

My skin is oily breakout prone(slightly combination) with a strong tendency towards clogging. To be honest, its hard for me to get a good routine with my skin. As oily as it is, it easily dries out with acne products which usually keeps me from using them very long.

I started using the Noxzema about a month ago, with little expectations other than to get my skin clean and remove my makeup. I actually like the smell, always have, but I can admit its not for everyone! I find it cooling and refreshing. Morning and night I apply about the amount of a half a large cherry (give or take) and I let it set on my skin until its dryish, as I apply I massage it in really well. After its dry I take a little water in my hands and then massage my face again. This helps satisfy my love of lather. It doesn't lather but it rehydrates back to its original state, its close enough. I also make a point of massaging it with the water, and of course I rinse it off. It does remove my makeup well. If I am wearing especially heavy makeup I will wash my face twice but it not usually needed. I just do it to be extra sure my skin is clean.

I do find it feels a little bit like it leaves a slight residue, after a little time I don't seem to notice it and it doesn't seem to impact my makeup application.

After a month of using it my skin has improved a lot!! I went from consistent breakouts to occasional, almost none. My oil is under control, my skin is approaching "normal" territory!! I do use it in conjunction with BP 10%, I only use the BP every other day or every few days. If I use it too much my skin does start to dry out with the combination of the Noxzema and the BP but I think the two together are part of what has improved my skin.

Like I said, my skin is oily. I am not sure how this would work on dry skin or if you are using a lot of other acne products but I am sold for my skin. I am so happy to have found a combination that doesn't strip or scorch my skin.

So between the BP and the Noxzema I am out about 10 bux a month! Not bad for results I am getting!!

UPDATE: 7/25/13 Still using and still doing well! Even if I do get a spot it clears up in about 1/5 of the time it used to take! Skin texture appearance also improving. Overall skin appearance improving. Will try to continue to update. I did add salicylic acid nightly, together with the BP it is working deeper to prevent and clear blackheads/congested pores.

on 6/18/2013 10:15:00 PM

I am really enjoying this product so far. In just a weeks time I have already seen a difference. I generally don't get too much acne but lately my skin has been acting up more than normal so I started using this and it worked pretty quickly. My skin isn't too prone to drying out but feels great so far.

on 6/18/2013 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Worked wonders! I suffered a really bad sun burn on my face. Someone recommended I start washing my face with this product to treat the sun burn. Three washes later and it had peeled off the damaged skin. I went from a sunburn to the appearance of a healthy glow! Amazing!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Favorite cleanser! Cheap but works great. Love the feel and texture of it. Works like a charm every time.

on 6/3/2013 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I always come back to this product. It's my HG! I always venture off and try new products but I end up with clogged pores and unhappy skin. I get clogged pores very easily and I can't even use a moisturizer because of it. Luckily with noxzema I don't have to worry about that because it never leaves my face dry and it always clears up my acne and clogged pores! Also I have very oily skin and I live in Texas where the summer's are scorching hot, this helps my skin stay in check. Can't be without it.

on 5/6/2013 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I like this facial cleanser a lot. This is definitely a classic cleansing cream. This cleanser doesn't lather yet it cleans my face thoroughly. It also washes off my make up thoroughly. Love the refreshing tingle but I'm not a fan of the overpowering medicinal smell. All in all still a great cleanser and this doesn't irritate my sensitive skin which is an added bonus.

on 5/4/2013 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I really love this stuff. It removes makeup really well, and it makes my skin feel very soft and refreshed. With other cleansers, they feel really good for a few days, and then my skin starts to develop a tolerance of them and the effects go away. That doesn't happen with Noxzema! My skin consistently feels great after washing with it. Definitely a staple product for me.
Also, I've used the Equate brand of this. They have the same ingredients, as far as I can tell, but the original just feels creamier to me, and it leaves my skin feeling more refreshed.

on 4/28/2013 11:59:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

the Eucaplytus oil in this irritates my skin : ( I prefer oil cleansers.

on 4/24/2013 8:51:00 PM

I seem to be one of the few who does not like this product.I read sooo many glowing reviews that i decided I couldn't not try it. I was expecting amazing results, and instead i got gross, peeling skin around my nose and cheeks. I didn't feel it left my skin very clean either. It didn't have much of an effect on my acne. I foolishly used this for a rather long time expecting magical results, but it just irritated my skin more and more. I have a lot left in the jar now, and I use it as shave cream for my legs. NEVER putting this on my face again.

Sensitive skin people beware!

on 4/24/2013 12:10:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I liked this at first but after a while it left a residue on my skin and I started breaking out and my skin became extremely oily. Love the scent and the feel, it just didn't work for my skin.