October 23, 2014 | 909 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Figs and leaves soap

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2008 2:16:00 AM More reviews by hampela17

Don't get me wrong, I love this soap, but there's something gritty about it, not just in texture, but in terms of the smell. It has this lovely natural floral smell, but with something just a little too earthy in there that sometimes makes me feel like the soap itself is dirty. This is probably my favorite Lush soap though, so it's definitely not a problem for me, just something to be aware of. It's also a lot scrubbier than I thought it would be, but I think that's a good thing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2008 7:40:00 PM More reviews by crimsongal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this soap!. It's much better than Dove Cream Oil soap, which is what i was a devoted user of before trying this. It seems to moisturize better than Dove, plus i like the exfoliating seeds. The first time I used this Figs and Leaves, I thought the seeds were too scratchy and scrubby, but they grew on me and I love the way they feel now. Plus, this soap leaves my skin much softer than the Dove Cream Oil soap ever did. And the scent is delicious, kinda hard to describe but very soft and very addictive. I find Figs and Leaves to give the best and creamiest lather of all the Lush soaps i've tried, and doesn't leave my skin feeling ashy or tight. My only gripe is that the wonderful scent doesnt last on my skin as long as I'd like, and the price is pretty spendy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2008 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Kamicha

This is one of my favourites of Lush soaps. I really like it s unintimidating, but rich and natural scent. And that ugly duckling of Lush soaps looks actually pretty good in our simple & modern bathing setting.

I really don't understand those comments that claim that Lush soaps don' last - in my opinion they last ages, even the softest ones. I'm getting much more value for my pennies from these rather expensive soaps than cheap market shower gels - mainly water, anyhoo. Just get a decent soap tray that allows the soap dry inbetween the use. Don't keep it under the running water the whole time you shower. And although there are some nice scrubbing particles in many Lush soaps, a brush or a piece of loofah does much better job on banishing dead skin cells - and saves your precious soap.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2008 8:12:00 AM More reviews by lewky

I found this less moisturizing than my Olay w/ Shea Butter soap. It left my skin feeling tight and sand paper-y.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2008 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Zedar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite bar soap from Lush. The best one yet to exfoliate my backside!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2008 7:43:00 PM More reviews by JamieGirl

I love this product. I've been a loyal LUSH devotee for several years, and have recently joined the ranks as an employee, and I must say that in somewhat "expert" opinion of LUSH products, this is a winner, big-time. The scent, which is categorized as "floral", is lovely and subtle, not at all overpowering. The moisturizing properties are also superior, as all LUSH soaps contain more moisturizing properties than soap, so they're less drying than traditional soaps. I've noticed that when I use this soap, it leaves my skin much softer and better moisturized, and then when I try using Softsoap Aloe Vera on my hands, that tends to dry them out rather noticeably. As for body, this is my HG shower soap- light fragrance, excellent cleansing and superior skin moisturization. As with many LUSH products, you're paying a bit more than you would for drugstore product, but it truly is worth it. I'm also quite fond of the packaging, as with all LUSH products, because of the minimal impact it makes on the environment. A winner all-around.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2008 12:51:00 AM More reviews by kelticmaddox

First of all, I have to say that one of the main things I love about this soap is the fact that the smell is barely there and unoffensive to me....and for a Lush product thats an accomplishment! I find that so many of their products either have a very strong scent or an unpleasent scent (sometimes both) While I love scented things, I have a very picky sense of smell, so I've been turned off of some of the Lush soaps just based on smell (Rockstar for example)
Figs and Leaves is supposed to smell like "a garden of orange and ylang ylang" and I guess I can see that, but the peice I got is very subdued and only slightly floral and...well, kinda figgy. This may be because I picked this up during their after christmas sale, when they were getting rid of things that were made before december. I can't remember if this soap was one of the "old" products though.

I also love how gentle this soap seems. Its kind of hard to tell how moisturizing this is just by itself because I never use just this soap in the bath or shower (I use a billion other bath bombs, scrubs, lotions, etc) But...when I use it on just my hands it leaves them feeling softer while wet than with normal soaps. It does lather up really nicely though, once you work with it a bit.

This soap also has a kind of "expensive gourmet bath product" feel and look to it. (If gourmet is even the right word to use) The reason I say this is because there are huge chunks of what I think are figs. And it is indeed covered with a layer of thin dark leaves on top. Scattered throughout the soap are what appear to be seeds, though I cannot find seeds in the ingredient list, so they must come from the figs.
These seeds and the figs do give the soap quite an exfoliating quality to it, and some might not like that....I admit sometimes it can feel a bit rough on my skin.
But I will keep buying this soap for its extraordinary gentle cleansing feel to it, and the fact that the smell is so unoffensive. This is probably a great soap for the summer, when you want your skin to be moisturized but you don't want heavy lotions or creams. Also, the Aloe Vera in it will be great for burns.

It is a little pricey for a soap, but I think its worth it. And Lush is such an ethical and environmentally friendly company that I love giving them my business, even if I don't enjoy all of their products or prices.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2008 7:04:00 PM More reviews by pulidobl

I got this free at the Clean Sweep sale. The smell reminds me of one of the drugstore soaps I used long ago (Camay or Lux?) so the scent is nothing special to me, anyway. It has bits of seeds in it which make it slightly ex foliating. I have sensitive skin and it make it red and blotchy in spots. I will use it up, but will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2008 12:52:00 PM More reviews by warfreakbaby

i guess this is the best soap i tried from lush. it makes my skin so soft. the texture and color is weird (brown soap?!) but i guess it doesnt matter coz you'll get your money's worth with this one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2008 4:12:00 PM More reviews by crazyfrog13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Smells great, but the fig seeds are too rough for me. I'm all for exfoliation, but this stuff just scrapes too hard!