July 22, 2014 | 2037 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder - Dark

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2006 9:17:00 AM More reviews by theminx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This powder totally delivers. Usually I'm shining like a beacon almost immediately after I leave the house, but this keeps me oil-free for up to 4 hours, and actually makes my skin look fresher.

Dark is a good colour match for me (I'm NC50), but it's so sheer, I think many skin tones can get away with this. However, the puff it comes with doesn't quite work for this (I use a kabuki or powder brush instead). Also, it emphasizes fine lines around the eyes - while I can't really blame the product for this, it means that need both pressed powder and blot for touch-ups, but no way would I carry 2 compacts with me everyday!

If Mac came up with a compact duo of pressed and blot powder, I'd be first in line to buy.
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2006 10:35:00 PM More reviews by deliazamir

an excellent translucent powder with 15% color. i actually made a huge boo boo and bought this color, dark, for my NC35 skin. but it still works for me, since the powder deposits very little color after all and leaves my face looking matte and finished, not kabuki-like chalky. wonderful! will definitely repurchase (in medium-dark) the next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2006 2:50:00 PM More reviews by kavi484

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my few absolute HGs. I am very oily -- normally I have to blot my face about two hours after I do my makeup. With Blot Powder, I can make it until lunchtime! That is a huge feat for me. At first I thought this shade would be too grey for my warm NW40 skin, but when I looked at Deep Dark, it was so orange that I went with Dark. It was the right move -- this doesn't look chalky or grey once it's on. I apply with a brush for sheerer coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2005 3:02:00 PM More reviews by blufunk

GGG NC45
Great setting powder. It's sheer and tinted so you don't get that pasty look. I use this over foundation or alone on my oily skin. The puff that comes with the compact is crap, I get better results using a brush with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2005 2:07:00 PM More reviews by searcy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I HAVE LIGHT TO MEDIUM AFRICAN-AMERICAN SKIN. MY SKIN IS CLEAR SO I DON'T WEAR FOUNDATION. I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A POWDER TO EVEN OUT MY COMPLEXION A LITTLE AND DEPOSIT JUST A WEE WEE BIT OF COLOR. THIS MAC BLOT POWDER IN DEEP/DARK IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR ALL THIS TIME. IT IS VERY VERY SHEER AND I PLAN ON BUYING IT AGAIN. I WORE IT WITH SUE DEVITT'S LIP AND CHEEK GEL PALATTE(IN THE COLOR CAPELLA) TO WORK, I FELT LIKE I LOOKED LIKED A MILLION A BUCKS. THIS IS A KEEPER

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2005 12:42:00 AM More reviews by sooyang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i am currently in love with this powder. i have really really oily skin but with this and my philosophy's present-clear powder, my face is almost shine-free even during summer days.
i'm giving this 4 lippies just because the colour is a little bit dark on me and the puff isn't that good. i can fix this colour prob by applying brighter coloured powder over it but im just going to get a medium-dark tommorrow. im too lazy. =p i also like how it is sheer, even though i have bad skin. UPDATE: My skin became paler during these days and i use the blot powder in dark for shading. It looks so natural!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2005 10:55:00 PM More reviews by ahenema

i used to use mac's pressed powder over the select liquid foundation and i found that as the day went on my face would get very oily and i don't have oily skin. my sister bought the blot powder in deep dark for herself and i decided to try it, and i immediately saw the difference. it's wonderful, it really does keep my face from getting oily. i no longer use pressed powder now, i just use liquid foundation and lightly apply blot powder to set my makeup and I am good to go. it keeps oil at bay for hours. love this stuff. i just ordered my own. this will become one of my staples.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2005 11:55:00 AM More reviews by Lau143

This product was the best product I have purchased in a very long time. I have really clear skin so I always felt guilty after over-doing my makeup constantly. I felt like I looked like I was covering up bad skin. In the last 2 months I have made two incredible purchases one being proactive tinted moisturizer in SUNTAN. This works incredible and acts as a liquid foundation..except its a moisturizer so it looks and feels like you have NOTHING on. After I use that I put on the MAC Blot Powder in DARK just to set it and keep my skin from getting oily. This is awesome because it makes you feel as though you have a good amount of makeup on but looks VERY natural.It is impossible to over apply this powder and that was my problem with all other powders. Sometimes if I am going out at night I use a tiny bit of Mac Bronzer over the blot powder..but for the most part just the blot powder is enough for me. My only wish is that I bought this sooner!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2005 3:25:00 PM More reviews by lorraineedayz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Blot Powder is heaven sent and perfect for hot and humid Texas springs and summers, when I find myself using this more. Dark is virtually colorless and weightless, it controls oil, leaves skin matte, and does NOT cake up with continous use. I always care this with me and won't leave home without it.
Me---->C7/NC45.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2005 11:40:00 AM More reviews by MostAdorable

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

MAC blot powder in Dark has been my best friend for quite sometime now. LoL I have been using this for about a year and a half and I am never disappointed. It is a weightless, transparent powder that sets your makeup and is great for retouches all throughout the day, without adding a lot of color and without looking cakey or ashey. I am an NC55, and I ALWAYS carry this little compact with me everywhere. There's no way I would go anywhere without it. I noticed that quite a few reviewers stated that it breaks easily, but I have never really had that problem, and believe me, each and every compact I have had has been subjected to being tossed around in my purse and even dropped here and there. I have never had mine smash into pieces. It does start to break up a little, but only once I hit the pan and it's nearly all gone by the time that happens anyway. I have never had a barely-used compact crumble after it was dropped.