Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo

4.3

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance (2011 formula)

on 5/24/2013 10:28:00 PM

Price:$8.99
I like this product. I works great at completely removing all the gunk that builds up in your hair. From built up hair products or dirt and oil. Be sure to only use this ONCE a week, unless you want straw hair. The only reasons for lipies taken off are the smell and the packaging. The scent to me for some reason reminds me of baby powder so not the best scent and it does linger in your hair for a couple hours. My advice would be to follow up with a hair mask to hide the scent if you dont like it. You should be following up with a hair mask either way because the shampoo is quite stripping and you will find your hair feeling pretty dry if you dont condition afterwards. The other lipie taken off is for the packaging. I really dont see this being a problem for too many people but its worth mentioning, the packaging is bulky. Its a wide bottle, so having only one small shelf in my shower it takes up a little too much space. All in all i recommend this product. It won't fail you.

on 5/24/2013 10:11:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

By far the best clarifying shampoo for the money. I have been using this since a teen. It is great for multiple reasons: Use is once a week to get rid of residue, it makes your other products work like new again (because it primes your hair), you only need a small amount so it lasts forever, if you are going to lighten your hair use this for a month it will strip some of the colour out so you don't need to be too harsh on your hair when you do lighten it and it smells nice and fresh!

I used this when I was a teenager once a week and it did wonders for my fine hair. I have oily roots and dry ends. I saw this on a store shelf a few weeks ago and remembering how awesome this shampoo was I decided to pick it up and try it again. Defiantly NOT the same shampoo from years ago. They must have changed the formula. I use sulfate free shampoos (Pureology) and before I blow dry I use a drop of matrix precious oil on my ends. I don't have alot of residue and build up but I have hard water that makes my hair look BLAH. I tried it once and it seemed to leave a weird film on my hair. I tried I a second time a week later and it did the same thing. I had bad hair days both days. And the smell lasted all day! A horrible hospital medicine smell. Yuck! I had better luck mixing a pinch of baking soda with my shampoo once a week. That gets rid of and buildup I may have.

on 2/7/2013 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This shampoo is amazing. I was sceptic because my hair is so fine and damaged, but since I use leave in conditioner everyday an let my hair air dry, I thought I'd try it out. It smells like a normal hotel shampoo (which I like) an literally made my hair so light and fresh. I will only use it once a month because my hair is so fine, but I am in love!!

on 1/29/2013 5:56:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have been coming back to this shampoo over and over for years. It really is the best clarifying shampoo that I have tried. The smell is horrendous- it reeks of cheap motel shampoo. But it's worth it. I use it every week or two and my hair is always refreshed, soft, and free of gunk. I use it before my deep conditioning treatment, and it really intensifies the results.

on 1/28/2013 5:25:00 PM

I use sulfate free shampoos on a regular basis and I usually coat my hair with many styling products/hair sprays. When my hair gets limp and feels dirty, doesnt hold a style, etc...I know it's time to bring out the Anti Residue shampoo. I'm NEVER without this. I use it every so often (1-3) times per month. The shampoo is very dryng if if you overdo it but used correctly, it will rid your hair of buildup and leave it shiny. I've used this since High school and it will always be a staple in my haircare arsenal.

on 1/14/2013 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have used this shampoo since elementary school and it is the only thing that has given me consistently good results. My hair is soft, smooth, shiny, bouncy, and just clean after using it. I love it. It is a staple in my shower :)

I use this shampoo once a week...okay sometimes every other week. It really depends on how my hair feels. I use a lot of styling products and eventually my hair feels limp, but this shampoo makes my hair feel and look great. It leaves a nice clean smell too. Overall I really like this product. :p

on 11/1/2012 12:20:00 PM

I've been using this product since HS. A long, long time. Not an every day shampoo, but does what it's supposed to do - leaves my hair feeling squeaky clean. I love the smell. I have straight, fine, color treated hair.

on 10/16/2012 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Warning- this product is an anti residue shampoo, so it will be drying if you are looking for something moisturizing. I use this shampoo when i feel i have product build up in my hair and it feels unclean. It works wonders.