December 18, 2014 | 1733 users online

Loose Powders - Laura Mercier - Secret Brightening Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2011 10:09:00 AM More reviews by spoog

hmmm -jurys out on this one. I have awful dark circles, the kind that need a proper concealer, not just a swipe of touche eclat. I used this with my usual dermablend concealer( wonderful btw) and with laura mercier. It does set the concealer but I wouldnt say it brightens. Ive done the one eye done , one eye not test and there is no difference. It doesnt cause too much settling into wrinkles but it does a bit.
Its an ok powder for setting eye concealoer nothing more

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by emmamcgrath

I really like this! I got it as a gift but I think it's a bit pricey. The only reason I wouldn't buy it again is b/c I don't think I'll have to! There's SO MUCH product! I've had this for a long time now and I've barely used any. I use this to set my under eye concealer and it works really nicely.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2011 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Yoshi3329

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my first time purchasing the product and I must say, this makes me feel and look amazing!

It's soft, finely milled (I could tell just by looking at it *^^*), and looks very natural. My goal of makeup first and foremost is for it to always to look natural. And Laura Mercier's powders (this is my second powder I've tried from them) have stayed consistently natural looking. This could also be used on the bridge of the nose to make your nose look taller paired with a matte contour.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2011 2:38:00 AM More reviews by eyesopen33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just used this on my eyes after putting on concealer and noticed that it causes my eye area to look more dried out, and it also emphasized fine lines. I'll be returning it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2011 12:58:00 PM More reviews by PamdaBear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this powder. Sometimes I find powders cake or look dusty on my skin, but I don't have that problem with this powder. It's fine and blends easily, and it really does brighten my skin and make it look better than it is. Impressive - I will be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Reviewsonly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff. It's a HG item for me - it really sets the concealer nicely, and diffuses all the nastly little lines nicely. Good stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2011 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

Why o why can't they make a face powder like this? It brightens, neutralizes, sets whatever's underneath, without creasing, caking, drying and I have dry skin, alternating AHA with high % of Vitamin C. Of course I can dust this all over the face before or after mineral powder, over fdn to set, but the little container's product will run out very soon. I am sure its not much more to make than regular face powder, but since its meant for the eye area, they simply charge more & give less. That's why I am never never loyal to a particular brand.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2011 11:02:00 AM More reviews by ashleyekw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very clear skin so I rarely find myself wearing more than a tinted moisturizer. Anyways. I found that on those hot sweaty days my tinted moisturizer was starting to come off during the day due to just wear and tear and of course time! I bought this powder on a whim as I love the brand Laura Mercier and Thought id give it a try. It does not give any coverage nor colour, but it does something so much more amazing. when you put it on its kind of like a white powdery colour ( I use a MAC 224 to apply it, A fluffly crease blush) then i just kind of swipe over it with my blush and it almost melts into my skin. It litterally looks like you are applying a brand new flawless layer of skin when you put this on but it doesnt even have colour to it! but its basically like it does! i feel like this does so much for my skin and is defenitly a must have for anyone whos looking for a translucent powder!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2011 9:25:00 AM More reviews by culebra

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this secret brightening powder. I use undereyes to set concealer and also everywhere else I use concealer. This product lives up to the hype. It does not get in the creases, sets well, and brightens without sparkle where used. Highly recommend!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This powder greatly minimizes fine lines under/around my eyes and does give me more of an awake, youthful look. More polished too! I am so happy with the results of this eye brightening powder. For reference, I am combination/oily, and am ppp skintone (NC15). I bought shade #1.

I used to lightly pat on a high coverage powder mineral foundation over concealer in an effort to hide my dark reddish purple under eyes. While that did work in covering, it would look dry and really emphasized fine lines -actually aging my eyes.

With application, I recommend exposing only one or two holes at most, only partially peeling back the covering. Just a bare amount is needed! (Be careful not to inhale.) Take a fluffy brush and catch the powder film left on the lid, tap excess off the brush, and gently/barely pat on over concealer. For best results, don't drag, just lightly and evenly pat on.

I don't mind the packaging being I can control what comes out. Being it takes a barely there amount to brighten, I imagine I will not have to repurchase for years. And it definitely delivers! Just for the fact that it minimizes fine lines I would repurchase. That being so, the price is not bad. I recommend!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No