July 28, 2014 | 1767 users online

Blush - Wet 'n' Wild - Silk Finish Blush - Mellow Wine 833D

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by caleee143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off, whoever says there are no sparkles in this blush is wrong. There are definitely silver looking sparkles running throughout BUT I've noticed that these sparkles don't really show up once the blush is applied. Anyways this is a very pretty rosey color and it has actually been part of my routine since I purchased it (sorry Bobbi Brown). My only complaint is that it doesn't seem to stick around as long as my favorite Bobbi Brown blushes. Don't think I'll repurchase since I have so many blushes currently in rotation, but its a nice DS find.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2010 1:34:00 PM More reviews by dancerchickadee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow, wet n' wild amazes me. This blush is insanely pigmetned, and it will last forver. The color is pretty, and i'll defintely buy more!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2010 11:56:00 AM More reviews by pxcrunnercat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am simply astounded at the quality of many of the Wet'n'Wild products. For such a cheap drugstore line of makeup, some of their items are of the same or better quality than products and brands that are twice as expensive. This blush, for example, is superb. The color is a berryish pink that I believe would work with nearly all skin tones. My skin is naturally fair and warm toned, but I am quite tan 3/4 of the year. This blush works on me whether I'm tan or not, it looks beautiful either way! It's also very versatile. My favorite looks for this blush include pairing it with a berry-colored lipstick and pairing it with a plum or violet colored eyeshadow look. This blush is a staple of mine and a real steal for anyone who buys makeup at drugstores. I very highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 11:47:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only blush I've repurchased--and that includes NARS, Clinique, even Shu Uemura. I just gave up on other blushes and decided to stick with what works... even though it comes in a fugly cheap plastic compact and costs $3! Mellow Wine is the perfect deep toasted rose that works on warm and cool, light and dark complexions alike. It is highly pigmented and lasts all day. I am quite fair, and I've perfected a technique for getting a natural-looking flush from Mellow Wine: I use an angled powder brush, tap it lightly on the surface of the blush, dust it off, and apply precisely where I want it. I've never had a sensitive-skin reaction to this one as I did with Cover Girl and Revlon blushes. It's simply the perfect blush I can use every day without having to think about what else I'm wearing on my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by cindyt36

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just bought this blush like a few hours ago for under $4. When I tried it, I got to say it's one of the best drug store blushes I have ever tried. It's not chalky like Rimmel but not as expensive as revlon,covergirl and l'oreal. Wet n wild recently change he packaging so it's not so flimsy or cheap-like. I would buy this over and over again :D it's better than NYC blushes.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2010 12:20:00 AM More reviews by amaizeingndn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

These blushes are surprisingly good. I find the pigment to be strong and they're pretty long lasting. However, the packaging is pretty terrible, and they usually crack. Now when I buy one, the first thing I do is break it up out of the pan (with clean fingers, of course) and put it into an empty sifter container from sephora so it looks like a loose mineral powder blush

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2010 12:06:00 AM More reviews by TahneeT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

What I find most interesting about this color is it seems to change depending upon what other colors I'm wearing (i.e. eyeshadow/lipstick). So sometimes it's very wine in color, other times its more berry. When I over-applied I attempted to bring it down with some finishing powder, figuring it would fade some throughout the day. It didn't budge one bit, 9 hours later. So beware if you're hoping it'll fade, it may not.

Highly-pigmented, applies pretty well (a bit dusty in consistency, not color so be sure to tap your brush and be sure to use your own because the one that comes with it is useless). Packaging is complete junk (if anyone knows of a way to depot these please contact me).

But the price, ah yes, the price. $2.99? And many times BOGOF? Can't beat it. Yes, I would repurchase.

(This is a review of the old product/packaging, not the new sleek black one.)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2010 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Ehrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Mellow wine is a beautiful colour when applied with a light hand. It looks natural and yet visible enough to give your face a nice pop of colour. It always makes me look like I'm glowing. Although the packaging is rather bland and the brush that comes with it is utterly useless, it's really the product that's important :) It is really silky, applies easily and blends rather well. Staying power is great over a good foundation.
UPDATE: After finding out the EWG safety rating on this product, definitely wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 12:25:00 PM More reviews by steffmd25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Terrific Blush! Very pigmented, just blend out well! Doesn't have shimmer, and gives a beautiful flush. Looks great with my NC44 skintone. Ladies, check out these blushes at Rite Aid. They are on clearance there for 75% off. I only paid 74 cents for this blush! It is well worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by thesweetestcandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this was my old blush that i lived by. i recently decided to upgrade my makeup bag so im trying new things. But I really liked the color of this blush it wasnt to bright it blended well. Like everyone said the packaging SUCKS!!! It broke in my makeup bag and i am still trying to get the stain out. But if you are on a tight budget this may work.